• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ismk

I would not do this.

Why not? Sure it's a bit worrisome but chances of something bad happening is slim, really slim. I have probably done a half dozen or so console sales/trades through Kijiji and like I said, nothing bad has ever happened.

RS4-

I would not do this.

I actually went to the sellers home for the ps4; then again, I did have someone else waiting outside, etc etc.

Tested the system out, did the format, tested everything out again. But yeah, YMMV or however comfortable you feel about things.

Dazzler

I'd have no problem going to a person's home to scope out whatever I was buying

obv not if they were giving off dodgy vibes tho

so don't pick it up? it's $150 of savings, though.

yeah we're meeting at a mall, he was actually selling it for 350 but i asked for 300 and he said 325.

if he won it during a xmas party then most likely it doesn't have a receipt. i actually set up a meeting for tomorrow to pick it up. no, i don't think him going to my home is a good idea.

does that mean sony won't honour the warranty if there's no receipt, even if i tell them it's a prize from a xmas party?

isny

napkin dispenser
so don't pick it up? it's $150 of savings, though.

yeah we're meeting at a mall, he was actually selling it for 350 but i asked for 300 and he said 325.

if he won it during a xmas party then most likely it doesn't have a receipt. i actually set up a meeting for tomorrow to pick it up. no, i don't think him going to my home is a good idea.

does that mean sony won't honour the warranty if there's no receipt, even if i tell them it's a prize from a xmas party?

They know when the console was bought. Retailers report this info to Sony. I'm 99% certain you won't need a receipt for the warranty.

edit, nm, this is only the case with Nintendo apparently

"A VALID PROOF OF PURCHASE IN THE FORM OF A BILL OF SALE OR RECEIPT FROM AN AUTHORIZED RETAILER WITH THE DATE OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE MUST BE PRESENTED TO OBTAIN WARRANTY SERVICE."

They know when the console was bought. Retailers report this info to Sony. I'm 99% certain you won't need a receipt for the warranty.

i was actually pretty lucky with my ps3. got a 40 gb ps3 used (again, same method) on 2008 and i never had to send it in and i sold it earlier this year.

Lexxism

So I just decided to sign up for one of those Amazon.ca cards.

I don't know why but that $20 discount was just too tempting this time. No annual fee is fine and I am more than happy to earn points.

Did I make the right decision?

I always pay my credit cards off on time so I don't usually concern myself with the interest fee. It's a little high from my CIBC Visa.

Yup. It's really a good card especially it don't have the 2.5% forex fee. I'm also thinking of getting one for purchasing figures from Japan.

Lizardus

The details provided were for in store only. So they were taking Shulk preorders in store until close last night but then had the email waiting for them in the morning that was sent at 5:30am EST.

Yeah I called them today to see if they were still taking pre-orders. The girl said no so I asked if they would be in the future. She said "maybe but very unlikely". I rolled my eyes and hung up.

khaaan

How much do you guys think I can sell my The Last of Us digital code for? It seems like $20 is about what they usually go for, maybe even a little bit below that. If it gets to something like $15 though I feel like I might as well keep it and replay the game in beautiful smoothness.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
You guys think that Driveclub will drop any lower than $40 for Boxing Day? Just a page ago I said I'd wait for $30, but I found I had an unredeemed RZ certificate and now the weather is calling my name D;

How much do you guys think I can sell my The Last of Us digital code for? It seems like $20 is about what they usually go for, maybe even a little bit below that. If it gets to something like $15 though I feel like I might as well keep it and replay the game in beautiful smoothness.
I sold mine for $20, that seems to be the top end at least because it's on sale like everywhere for $18-20, and at least buying direct from others people can get around tax.

Lexxism

You guys think that Driveclub will drop any lower than $40 for Boxing Day? Just a page ago I said I'd wait for $30, but I found I had an unredeemed RZ certificate and now the weather is calling my name D;

Just buy the game. If the game go down below 39.99, just return the one you bought.

Sora_N

Yeah I called them today to see if they were still taking pre-orders. The girl said no so I asked if they would be in the future. She said "maybe but very unlikely". I rolled my eyes and hung up.

Someone preordered all 20 at the Metrotown EB in BC. I don't know why the girl had to tell me that but it made me really pissed off.

Sora_N

EB Games Canada has opened in store pre-orders for all of Wave 3 Amiibos starting today!

I went in at 10am and pre-ordered all 7, was the 1st pre-order so unless they get ZERO of one of them I am all set.

Shulk pre-orders were canned at 5:30am EST. Apparently a company wide email was sent out and they were stopped early as they noticed a lot of scalpers, so pre-orders will be re-opened in waves and a possible sign up list for notifications.

I wish I saw this but I was too pissed off. I have a gift card to use for preorder so I can cancel some amazon ones. Oh well.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
Someone preordered all 20 at the Metrotown EB in BC. I don't know why the girl had to tell me that but it made me really pissed off.

I got the exact same bs on 'oh we can't preorder' so I get your frustration level. That one location is a strange place...

Roto13

That's why I don't shop at the Metrotown store

I once went to the Pacific Centre EB Games and tried to buy Parappa the Rapper for PSP, but they didn't have it, so they called Metrotown to see if they had it in stick and the guy at Metrotown just refused to check.

Sora_N

I once went to the Pacific Centre EB Games and tried to buy Parappa the Rapper for PSP, but they didn't have it, so they called Metrotown to see if they had it in stick and the guy at Metrotown just refused to check.

The staff turnover is super high at that store. Same goes with most stores at Metrotown.

Google

Working retail anywhere (esp Vancouver) is soul destroying, people act so entitled

No it's not. When I was a kid bumming around the world travelling I was working retail in Vancouver and it was fine.

It's not entitled people spoiling retail.

Sora_N

Good Afternoon,

Thank you for contacting EBGames.ca!

We have forwarded your information to the district manager of the location where you purchased this product. You should be receiving a call in 24 - 48 hours.

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused.

Ryde3

seeing Diddy Kong Amiibos for 40$ + on kijiji is making me so upset, I knew I should have went to the store the morning of launch, he's the only one I want aside from Toon Link coming up.

iphys

So according to toyrus.ca you shouldn't buy the Samus or Peach amiibo for a boy and you shouldn't buy the Kirby, Yoshi, Pikachu, Mario, DK, Fox, or Link amiibo for a girl, lol. They must hire some really backwards people to decide what toys are for girls and boys.

Sora_N

I pre-ordered two Shulk yesterday. Assuming I get them, I'll let one go at cost.

(Or trade it for a ZSS/Lucina one if they get released.)

I would love one honestly I don't want to pay $10 more on amazon UK but I feel even if You did preorder eb will fuck up. I still am bitter about MGS3 LE.

ahdurian

Did they change the dates for the Wave 3 Amiibos?
My order on Amazon.ca now says theyre releasing January 30, 2015.....wasn't it February before?

Capture_zps14c38864.jpg

iphys

I pre-ordered 2 amiibo on Nov 20th, and one shipped, and it shows me as having 13 gamers zone RZ points + 583 RZ points pending for the transaction. They weren't awarding bonus points for pre-ordering amiibo were they?

Chilikar

Hey guys, so I received P4A Ultimax today from Amazon :), I can officially confirm it does come with the Preorder bonuses (tarot card and teddie bag)

Jinto

Lol ToysRus sold me a previously opened Playstation TV bundle. I knew the seal looked like it had been opened when I got it, but the dude promised me it hadn't, and since it was the last one I bought it anyway. I unboxed it right when I got home and the PS TV has scratches all over it. Plus, the code for the Lego Movie Videogame had already been redeemed. Just got off the phone with Sony and they said it was redeemed on October 27th.

Gonna go return it now. They better let me keep the $20 gift card.

Edit: They took back the gift card! LOL At least they apologized profusely. :/

Roto13

it's...their job?

What you're saying is the opposite of what a zillion Gamestop and EB Games employees have complained about on the internet.

Why would they tell me lies to try to scam me into buying protection plans every time I go in there if they have no stock in it?

Top Bottom