• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

curb

Banned
What are you guys hoping for as far as Boxing Day deals go?

I'm hoping for Far Cry 4 and Hyrule Warriors drop to $40.

I'm hoping for FC4 as well and maybe Drive Club but only if it dips to $30 or below so I'm not holding my breath on that one. I'd like a deal on PS+ subs like last year but I'm not too concerned about that since I'm good until January 2016.

isny

napkin dispenser
Wow guys, regular people in this thread know that trends come and go here.

Pillows, E3 deals, Quebec bashing and shipping woes are all trends that come and go. Currently it's Amiibo talk.

Chill out ;)

Did somebody say pillows? =D

I'll try to find some good boxing day pillow deals for ya'll, don't worry :)

Is there any place where I can buy a digital PS4 game code that works on the Canadian psn accounts? I want to buy a Far Cry 4 digital code for my brother.

any info would be appreciated, thanks!

i-Jest

I try not to bleed Amiibo discussion into the deals thread but I was reading this Toys R Us Lucario Amiibo Reddit and found this:

http://www.reddit.com/r/amiibo/comments/2pde6a/ama_toysrus_tru_manager_and_fellow_amiibo/

I reached out to the Toys R Us Canada account on Twitter a few days ago (December 12th, to be exact). They said that Lucario amiibo pre-orders would go online and in-store for Canadian customers "within the next 7 - 10 days". So, anytime from now, until next Monday, any Canadian users can expect Lucario to pop up on Toys R Us' Canadian site.

So, you're right about it not being available, but only because it hasn't been made available for us Canucks quite yet! =)

By the time of this post, the entry was 42 minutes ago. Take it with a measure s salt if you will.

Oneself

To those looking for Driveclub & Sunset, watch for Future Shop's "VIP events"... One took place in the evening right before black friday and both games were 29.99$, also other games were actually priced lower than at the BF (Infamous, MLB, Forza, Killzone, Watchdogs were all @ 20$).

I'm all set with games for a long time. If there's a deal on Mario Kart 8 or a Pro Controller I might jump on that though.

I'd like a $500 3D printer so I can make my own Amiibos.

What are you guys hoping for as far as Boxing Day deals go?

I'm hoping for Far Cry 4 and Hyrule Warriors drop to $40.

Drive Club, Forza Horizon 2 and Diablo 3 PS4 to drop to $30. Tales of Xillia 2 to drop to $20. That's seriously all I can think of right now. Maybe a good Xbox One deal with Halo MCC dropping to $40

a week till christmas, and no boxing day flyers up yet :0

little bit concerned, but i'll be grabbing a ps4 hopefully :/ damn you 449 pricetag!

Tapejara

I'm hoping Lords of the Fallen will finally get a deep discount. I saw it drop to around $50 on Amazon, but I'm hoping for $40 or lower.

Sora_N

Tried to Price Match my Pit Amiibo for kicks online lol. Didn't expect it to work but that's OK lol.

Thank you for your email inquiry regarding a credit under our Price Beat Promise.

Our Price Beat Promise indicates that:

"The product must be the exact same brand name and model # as it appears on FutureShop.ca".

Upon looking at the item offered by ToysRUs.ca it is not the same offer, therefore we are not able to approve this request.

Please visit our Customer Support pages on Futureshop.ca for further information on our Price Beat Promise.

Thank you for choosing Futureshop.ca.

Sincerely,

Maricel
Futureshop.ca

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
x2cB9TC.png

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=804fac90b1db30297c9a75cec01371c0en02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=d1856bdd695f9ce2c9f8528d69f3d3bcen02

isny

napkin dispenser
I just saw the link! :(

Why didn't I visit the website when it was up for pre-order? I didn't even know they had announced it yet :(

Now I'm sad. I'm sure it's going to be super limited tooo euhhh

Someone PM Vinny, lol

Also, I feel we need to change the thread's title taking into account all of this Amiibo talk.

"Marth ado aboot nothing" would be more appropriate, given our collective Amiibo moaning, lol

Well, I finally transitioned from only buying amiibos for characters I like to buying ones that might be hard to get. It feels both exhilarating and awful lol.

Gravidee

I'm going to take my chances and just wait to get Metaknight instore. Not too big of a deal if I miss him, there are other ones I'm prioritizing.

stn

Depending on my mood I MIGHT buy Call of Duty, Halo: MCC, or Lords Of The Fallen if there's a good deal.

Meta Knight actually looks like a good quality amiibo. But the shipping kills it for me, so maybe I will order two and return/sell one to reduce my costs xD

zroid

Banned
Well, I finally transitioned from only buying amiibos for characters I like to buying ones that might be hard to get. It feels both exhilarating and awful lol.

Only one I've done this with so far is Shulk, but it's definitely a slippery slope, lol

Not to say I don't like Shulk, it's just not one of the amiibo I had originally planned on getting. Then all the stuff about GameStop exclusivity and only having enough to meet pre-order demand hit the rumour mill, and I panicked. :p

kennah

That's why I'm not bothering with any. The one I really want is stupid rare (villager) so figured to not bother at all.

Top Bottom