• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

i-Jest

I was at work when preorders went live. I checked my phone to see if there was any news on the thread. This was 8 minutes before my shift. You can imagine my surprise. Had to work fast to get that order in.

RE_Player

Has PSN changed to having different prices for Canada? On the PlayStation Blog they have a sale advertised and I'm seeing a couple different prices. Terraria on PS4 being $6 instead of $4.50, Sleeping Dogs Defintive Editon being $35 instead of $30.

lfc11

Neo Member
Has PSN changed to having different prices for Canada? On the PlayStation Blog they have a sale advertised and I'm seeing a couple different prices. Terraria on PS4 being $6 instead of $4.50, Sleeping Dogs Defintive Editon being $35 instead of $30.
Do you have PS plus? The lower sale prices are for people with PS plus. If you do, PSN is always a little glitchy when sale first go live. Wait a little while and it'll display the proper sale prices for you.

Roto13

Yeah. It happened a while ago and it sucks.

Lexxism

Yeah. I remember seeing this last Black Friday sale.

RE_Player

Do you have PS plus? The lower sale prices are for people with PS plus. If you do, PSN is always a little glitchy when sale first go live. Wait a little while and it'll display the proper sale prices for you.
I am Plus. Those are the prices being displayed as Plus for me.

wow what in the flying fuck waited during psx it was stay tuned. waited the whole weekend only to be met with stay tuned. waites for the whole week and into last weekend and it was all stay tuned.

then you drop it during a workday.

fuck off, ps canada.

Damn it! I was in a meeting while the LE PS4 dropped :(

I guess if I want a grey PS4 I'll have to import the Dragon Quest metal slime edition...

...Thinking about it...

iphys

My guess with the store-exclusive amiibo is they want us to actually go to the store on release day to get one and do some shopping while we are there, so they're probably making the pre-orders super difficult to help create hype to go shopping there on release day, and then they'll probably actually be well-stocked with them to keep everyone coming to the store. It's ridiculous how they're monopolizing on the situation and stringing people along with 500 pre-orders here and there: they wouldn't be doing that if there were competition out there for pre-orders.

Gravidee

So it would seem that the buy 3 for $30 amiibo deal at TRU ends this thursday. Has anyone seen the second half of wave 2 in stores yet? I'm of course referring to Capt. Falcon, Pit and Luigi.

the3ye

So it would seem that the buy 3 for $30 amiibo deal at TRU ends this thursday. Has anyone seen the second half of wave 2 in stores yet? I'm of course referring to Capt. Falcon, Pit and Luigi.
Some BestBuy lady @ plug-in forum said "not before christmas". But she also said Marth will be back in stock before the end of past week...so I'm not sure whether to trust her or not.

EB removed lil Mac and DK from their webstite.....damn.
I should stop searching for these stupid toys. It's making my BP too high

wow what in the flying fuck waited during psx it was stay tuned. waited the whole weekend only to be met with stay tuned. waites for the whole week and into last weekend and it was all stay tuned.

then you drop it during a workday.

fuck off, ps canada.

Damn it! I was in a meeting while the LE PS4 dropped :(

I guess if I want a grey PS4 I'll have to import the Dragon Quest metal slime edition...

...Thinking about it...
Those fuckers..... I was waiting all last week and had given up hope..... Then BAM in the middle of the workday.

Sora_N

Some BestBuy lady @ plug-in forum said "not before christmas". But she also said Marth will be back in stock before the end of past week...so I'm not sure whether to trust her or not.

Well Best Buy fucking lied

orochi91

I'm so lost at the moment.

I have a PS4, but I'm seriously thinking about selling it, probably get around $300 for it.

But then I'd have to pay an additional $370 out of my own pockets to get the DQ LE PS4.

Financial irresponsibility overload D:

Hello from Amazon.ca.

We now have delivery date(s) for the order you placed on November 21, 2014 (Order# 702-3872054-5613819). We've listed the item(s) listed below with the expected delivery date(s):

"Super Smash Bros. GameCube Adapter for Wii U"
Estimated arrival date: January 15, 2015 - January 23, 2015

For more details, please visit the "Your Account" section of our web site (http://www.amazon.ca/your-account).

Thank you for shopping with Amazon.ca.

Awesome news.

I just posted above that I walked into a Wal-Mart and found Diddy and Little Mac on the shelf in Toronto. Today.

Stores are still getting their initial shipments of Wave 2 in.

5D501CFE-3372-43ED-B620-DE450BF3ACA5_zpswesdw43m.jpg

Yeah, I have a second there. It's either going to a friend or I am just going to end up opening it. Fox is staying sealed.

ahdurian

I'm so lost at the moment.

I have a PS4, but I'm seriously thinking about selling it, probably get around $300 for it.

But then I'd have to pay an additional $370 out of my own pockets to get the DQ LE PS4.

Financial irresponsibility overload D:

also this is HELLA tempting

I know games aren't region locked, but would i have to use JPN PSN store to buy digital?

Ugh, all this retailer exclusive Amiibo stuff is garbage. I have Wave 3 pre-orders spread across multiple sites, from three damn countries. I just want to buy them in Canada dammit. >_<

And we still don't know the deal on Lucario and Rosalina. This is too stressful. I hope Wave 4 doesn't have any of this mess.

Sora_N

Ugh, all this retailer exclusive Amiibo stuff is garbage. I have Wave 3 pre-orders spread across multiple sites, from three damn countries. I just want to buy them in Canada dammit. >_<

And we still don't know the deal on Lucario and Rosalina. This is too stressful. I hope Wave 4 doesn't have any of this mess.

It's like 95% chance Lucario is coming here as the same thing (TRU exclusive). I used to work at one, we got the same exclusives for other toys. (Also Skylanders)

Tapejara

I still can't believe EB hasn't fixed their website. It's still riddled with "Image/product not found" messages, strange redirects (why does clicking on Vita's best sellers take me to general new releases?), an unintuitive interface and the inability to cancel pick-up in store pre-orders online. I spent two weeks trying to cancel a pick-up in store pre-order because I couldn't do it online and none of the store employees knew how to do it.

Yeah, fuck this. I just want Meta Knight :(.

Looks like Cineplex delisted the Cowboy Bebop I ordered from them before release. Now I have a pending charge of $48.58 sitting their with two scene passes. Need to shoot them an email to confirm cancellation. Glad they let me preorder for a product they never were going to get.

Sealtest

Any canadians ever import from amazon.fr? Would love to know beforehand how they ship since i slept through targets rosalina preorder i'm forced to have a backup just incase target.com never gets more and target canada screws me.

So I just decided to sign up for one of those Amazon.ca cards.

I don't know why but that $20 discount was just too tempting this time. No annual fee is fine and I am more than happy to earn points.

Did I make the right decision?

I always pay my credit cards off on time so I don't usually concern myself with the interest fee. It's a little high from my CIBC Visa.

Any canadians ever import from amazon.fr? Would love to know beforehand how they ship since i slept through targets rosalina preorder i'm forced to have a backup just incase target.com never gets more and target canada screws me.

Can we order from Target.com?

explodet

This was back in 2010, but I got some Wakfu books from Amazon.fr. They used DHL (more specifically Deutsche Post DHL). It got here, eventually.

I'm actually using amazon.de this time around to get a Rosalina amiibo. I also added Little Mac and Captain Falcon to make shipping more worth it, which I don't think I need anymore, but I'm too chicken to change the order and potentially screw things up.

EB Games Canada has opened in store pre-orders for all of Wave 3 Amiibos starting today!

I went in at 10am and pre-ordered all 7, was the 1st pre-order so unless they get ZERO of one of them I am all set.

Shulk pre-orders were canned at 5:30am EST. Apparently a company wide email was sent out and they were stopped early as they noticed a lot of scalpers, so pre-orders will be re-opened in waves and a possible sign up list for notifications.

EB Games Canada has opened in store pre-orders for all of Wave 3 Amiibos starting today!

I went in at 10am and pre-ordered all 7, was the 1st pre-order so unless they get ZERO of one of them I am all set.

Shulk pre-orders were canned at 5:30am EST. Apparently a company wide email was sent out and they were stopped early as they noticed a lot of scalpers, so pre-orders will be re-opened in waves and a possible sign up list for notifications.

Maybe they should just limit it to one of each amiibo per person?

Top Bottom