• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Lizardus

EB Games Canada has opened in store pre-orders for all of Wave 3 Amiibos starting today!

I went in at 10am and pre-ordered all 7, was the 1st pre-order so unless they get ZERO of one of them I am all set.

Shulk pre-orders were canned at 5:30am EST. Apparently a company wide email was sent out and they were stopped early as they noticed a lot of scalpers, so pre-orders will be re-opened in waves and a possible sign up list for notifications.

Will online pre-orders be opened or just in-store?

Megasoum

Banned
Anybody knows any stores in Canada that carries the Comply headphone foam tips?

Only one I could find is Future Shop but there's no online ordering and it's out of stock for all the stores near me.

I could order them from the official website but with the holidays coming next week, I'd like to get them before January lol.

Jason

isny

napkin dispenser
Vita TV finally hit the point for a buy for me!

$99 for the bundle or $79 for the unit, PLUS a $20 gift card. This is at TRU.

No limitations on the GC, it's a normal TRU GC with a $20 value.

Not sure how long this deal is good for.

zroid

Banned

Good deal and I'd probably get that... just don't think I'd have any use for a PSTV tbh. Can't think of any reason not to just play the games on an actual PSV.

edit: I guess for some games it would be nice to have real analogue sticks, but idk that's not worth $60

isny

napkin dispenser
Good deal and I'd probably get that... just don't think I'd have any use for a PSTV tbh. Can't think of any reason not to just play the games on an actual PSV.

edit: I guess for some games it would be nice to have real analogue sticks, but idk that's not worth $60

Don't own a Vita or any PS console for that matter, so def works out for me :)

Also hoping to someday be able to stream Netflix over it...someday...

zroid

Banned
Don't own a Vita or any PS console for that matter, so def works out for me :)

Also hoping to someday be able to stream Netflix over it...someday...

Oh yeah, steal if you don't already have a Vita. :p

Heck if I didn't own one already I'd probably get the PSTV instead.

With the size of the box from Futureshop containing my Zelda Amiibo, I really wonder how they managed to bend the Amiibo box like crazy... What the hell...

Edit: What do you need to make a return in the store? I can't print my receipt here. Thanks!

With the size of the box from Futureshop containing my Zelda Amiibo, I really wonder how they managed to bend the Amiibo box like crazy... What the hell...

When I bought my Zelda Amiibo from EB Games last week I spent a good few minutes just staring at the box and thinking of all the potential ways these things could get fucked up. They just look kinda fragile. It's part of the reason why I didn't really want to buy them off Amazon and actually preferred to go into a B&M or EB Games to get them. The other reason was to check them in person first before buying them.

So I just decided to sign up for one of those Amazon.ca cards.

I don't know why but that $20 discount was just too tempting this time. No annual fee is fine and I am more than happy to earn points.

Did I make the right decision?

I always pay my credit cards off on time so I don't usually concern myself with the interest fee. It's a little high from my CIBC Visa.

The Amazon.ca Visa is pretty good. Straight 1% cashback on all purchases, 2% cashback on Amazon.ca, no foreign transaction fees (most other cards charge 2.5%), and the cashback is instantly applied to your statement once you meet a certain threshold (I think it's $20).

Edit: What do you need to make a return in the store? I can't print my receipt here. Thanks!

They can just look up your order number in their system.

No_Style

The Amazon.ca Visa is pretty good. Straight 1% cashback on all purchases, 2% cashback on Amazon.ca, no foreign transaction fees (most other cards charge 2.5%), and the cashback is instantly applied to your statement once you meet a certain threshold (I think it's $20).

Yeap! It's a great card for my U.S purchases. Tied it to my PayPal to avoid their 2.5% conversion rate.

Jinto

Thanks! Was gonna grab the bundle for my niece from FS for $99.99. This is a way better deal. The PSTV is pretty awesome.

So sad I missed out on the limited edition PS4. :(

Roto13

Is shulk that good? I mean I played as him once and was decent...

Well, it's not like how "good" a character is in Smash really factors into amiibos. :p I like Shulk from when I played Xenoblade, and I enjoy him in Smash Bros. because his stances are fun to play around with, so he's a character I'd like to "train." I'm pre-ordering him because that's the only way I'm going to get him. Other people have some weak desire to own a Shulk amiibo and know this is the only way they're going to get it so it's better to just buy it now rather than wait too long and have no way to get it for a reasonable price.

It's not like anyone's out there buying amiibo because they want to win tournaments with them.

Well I managed to pre order Toon Link at least. *sigh*

Funny enough I went to EB yesterday and they told me they weren't doing preorders, and then I go there at 1pm and Shulk's preorders were already canceled. =_= Yeesh. Thanks a lot, scalpers.

i am in talks with a seller on kijiji for a tlou ps4 bundle (digital) for 325 bucks, new and unopened.

the same product retails for 450 + tax.

should i go through with the deal?

how safe is it? we're meeting at a public place. box is unopened but of course i should open it to make sure, no?

i am in talks with a seller on kijiji for a tlou ps4 bundle (digital) for 325 bucks, new and unopened.

how safe is it? we're meeting at a public place. box is unopened but of course i should open it to make sure, no?

Does it come with the receipt?

RS4-

I wouldn't buy without receipt either. I didn't pick one up from a handful of sellers until one had a receipt.

Oh and make sure the serial numbers match if you do get a receipt.

iLLmAtlc

Sounds kinda scammish. Would he be against providing Id just in case? You can reason you would be dropping a lot of dough with no assurance

khaaan

he said he won it from their xmas party.

They gave away three PS4's at my works holiday part, I won none of them =(

It seems like a possibility but you'd probably have to meet and make a judgement call. If the seller isn't against meeting in a public place then at leas you know you'll be safe.

Unless it's a psycho who was already planning on shooting up a mall, but lets think positive.

ismk

I would suggest that you ask to try it out before purchasing it so either you have to go to the seller's home to try it or ask him to come to your home to try it.

Personally, I have done multiple console deals through Kijiji and buyers/sellers have entered my home and vice versa and nothing bad has ever happened. I would also suggest that someone be with you at your home if the seller arrives to your home or if you go to the seller's home.

BadWolf

I would suggest that you ask to try it out before purchasing it so either you have to go to the seller's home to try it or ask him to come to your home to try it.

Personally, I have done multiple console deals through Kijiji and buyers/sellers have entered my home and vice versa and nothing bad has ever happened. I would also suggest that someone be with you at your home if the seller arrives to your home or if you go to the seller's home.

I would not do this.

Roto13

I guess something has changed in the... two years? ... since I last tried to use my Visa debit card on the eShop, because it works now. Convenient.

Top Bottom