• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

is it as good as Tharja's?

Tharja's is a lot more expensive, and I think it's a scale figure as well. I'm not a big fan of figma's, but Lucina's figma looks pretty good. I've always tended to avoid figmas because I didn't like the way they looked, but always thought the customization aspect was really cool.

That being said, still hoping to get approved for that Amazon.ca Visa card so I can change my Ami Ami payment in time by January. I'm also lamenting the fact that a lot of stuff I want comes out in May, the same time as Anime North, and I'm not cool with spending 500+ dollars in one month just on figures. It's gonna come down to the Neno Senbonzakura Miku, and Sakura Saber most likely. Sorry Neno Marika.

theRizzle

Is the Assasssin's Creed Xbone the only bundle they're selling right now? I guess those Call of Duty ones were super limited?

I was thinking about getting one for my dad but he would not be interested in Assassin's Creed AT ALL so it would be kind of a waste.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
No one? ;.;
Last week at BB.ca. I ordered 2 to get free shipping but will unload one of them at cost to a Toronto-GAFer when I get it. It would be perfect if it was a straight trade for Shulk though because I missed the EB.ca preorder on that.

I would love one honestly I don't want to pay $10 more on amazon UK but I feel even if You did preorder eb will fuck up. I still am bitter about MGS3 LE.

Okay I will PM you if/when I get them in February or so.

Is the Assasssin's Creed Xbone the only bundle they're selling right now? I guess those Call of Duty ones were super limited?

I was thinking about getting one for my dad but he would not be interested in Assassin's Creed AT ALL so it would be kind of a waste.

There might be some Call of Duty ones still around but they're a $100 more. Sunset Overdrive bundles were limited but you might luck out and find one for $400.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Last week at BB.ca. I ordered 2 to get free shipping but will unload one of them at cost to a Toronto-GAFer when I get it. It would be perfect if it was a straight trade for Shulk though because I missed the EB.ca preorder on that.

I just saw the link! :(

Why didn't I visit the website when it was up for pre-order? I didn't even know they had announced it yet :(

Now I'm sad. I'm sure it's going to be super limited tooo euhhh

I-hate-u

Sorry to divert from the amiibo talk. EB currently has a buy a ps4 bundle deal (gta/tlou) and receive a free digital copy of select titles.

Should I bite the bullet, or wait for a possible better deal close to Boxing Day?

Sorry to divert from the amiibo talk. EB currently has a buy a ps4 bundle deal (gta/tlou) and receive a free digital copy of select titles.

Should I bite the bullet, or wait for a possible better deal close to Boxing Day?

At this point there's no harm in waiting. You'll certainly be able to find a deal at least on par with that.

Jinto

I would probably wait, but it depends on if you were planning to get TLOU and GTAV anyway. A PS4 and 3 games you actually want for $450 isn't a bad deal at all. Plus, it comes with thumb grips!

Sora_N

Okay I will PM you if/when I get them in February or so.

There might be some Call of Duty ones still around but they're a $100 more. Sunset Overdrive bundles were limited but you might luck out and find one for $400.

Thanks man! I appreciate it. I'll let you know if I get hold of one first too.

Really annoyed I managed to miss both Meta Knight AND Shulk. The BestBuy forum states that all of their pre-orders for Meta Knight are gone, which makes no sense. It also claims there will be more exclusives... not quite sure what that means.

Also noticed Fox is gone from both BestBuy and Futureshop's websites. Might be good to grab him if you really want him.

I still don't know why so many of you are chasing down Amibos, they look pretty meh

While some of them are quite plain, some have incredible detail to them (both DKs, Fox) and are great not only for their functionality, but they are nice display pieces. It also appeals to hardcore Nintendo fans and casual fans alike, collectors, and the idea of getting figures of characters who otherwise would never get any (Shulk, Little Mac, Wii Fit Trainer, Fire Emblem).

I honestly believe that this rush and demand wouldn't be happening if the availability situation wasn't as hectic. I personally was planning on getting them all eventually, but was going to buy them slowly over time. But when I walked into BestBuy and EBGames the morning of release, and noticed not a single one of the so called Rare Trinity, I knew collecting would be a problem. Everyone feels they need to get these figures ASAP in fear of missing out entirely.

I-hate-u

At this point there's no harm in waiting. You'll certainly be able to find a deal at least on par with that.

I would probably wait, but it depends on if you were planning to get TLOU and GTAV anyway. A PS4 and 3 games you actually want for $450 isn't a bad deal at all. Plus, it comes with thumb grips!

I guess I'll wait, though I have low expectations that a better deal will come out soon.

I got just got an e-mail from amazon.ca saying they are having trouble trying to obtain the King Dedede amiibo that I pre-order along with Ike a couple weeks ago, but their website still has King Dedede available for pre-order. I'm confused.

Really annoyed I managed to miss both Meta Knight AND Shulk. The BestBuy forum states that all of their pre-orders for Meta Knight are gone, which makes no sense. It also claims there will be more exclusives... not quite sure what that means.

Also noticed Fox is gone from both BestBuy and Futureshop's websites. Might be good to grab him if you really want him.

I've seen a lot of Fox around still but it does seem like he's going.

Glad I nabbed one last week and also managed to find a Little Mac and Diddy Kong at Wal-Mart.

You guys should Consider making a thread called AMIIBO (CANADA) because thats all i read in here. I come in here hoping for deals and stuff but simply find tons posts about AMIIBOS =/

Just saying don't hate me

You guys should Consider making a AMIIBO (CANADA) lol because thats all i read in here. I come in here hoping for deals and stuff but simply come to see posts about AMIIBOS =/

Deals are being posted but the discussion right now is Amiibo.

Things should shift to Boxing Day deals soon. I hope BB and FS flyers get posted on Friday. I also want to get a new monitor. I'm hoping for a UHD 27" monitor for a good price.

You guys should Consider making a AMIIBO (CANADA) lol because thats all i read in here. I come in here hoping for deals and stuff but simply come to see posts about AMIIBOS =/

Just saying don't hate me

Thanks for using the suggestions box. We are aware of the issue about the many shipping Amiibo posts. We'll make sure to put it in the next thread title.

No hating, I understand that it's a problem for some. However, i think that hot items discussions are as inevitable as shipping posts.

explodet

We can talk about deals, but they can only be deals that are already over and RFD'ers have taken massive advantage of.

That or shipping, natch.

Speaking of Boxing Day, I've actually got the itch to go out there and grab some deals in person instead of buying everything online.
At least up here we don't get trampling deaths.

We can talk about deals, but they can only be deals that are already over and RFD'ers have taken massive advantage of.

That or shipping, natch.

Canada Post is late delivering those Amiibo I ordered after missing that other deal because of all the greedy people over at RFD.

Speaking of Boxing Day, I've actually got the itch to go out there and grab some deals in person instead of buying everything online.

Yea! Very curious about Target and Target means walking in anyway. Boxing Day deal + 5% Red Card + that 5% storewide coupon they sent in the mail might be good!

mdubs

Banned

That or shipping, natch.

Let's be real though, if you're using this thread as a tool to find the really hot deals you're kidding yourself. RFD is always going to be faster because the people there are obsessed and will be faster than us here.. This thread functions as a good place for discussion so I see no problem with the shipping and amiibo talk.

That or shipping, natch.

LMAO, i know. I once celebrated xmas in New York at my uncles, and we went to boxing day. OH BOY.

It reminded me of the Spain bull runs, i almost had climb on something to not get trampled to death o_O.

Heres hoping that we do have good deals this year, i found last years boxing day kinda lacked good deals. What are some of your MUST GO TO places during boxing day?

suikodan

Wow guys, regular people in this thread know that trends come and go here.

Pillows, E3 deals, Quebec bashing and shipping woes are all trends that come and go. Currently it's Amiibo talk.

Chill out ;)

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
What are you guys hoping for as far as Boxing Day deals go?

I'm hoping for Far Cry 4 and Hyrule Warriors drop to $40.

Yeah, I am waiting on Hyrule Warriors at $39.99.

I will fight you for it. If I come out of it with that and a UHD monitor I will be good.

explodet

Let's be real though, if you're using this thread as a tool to find the really hot deals you're kidding yourself. RFD is always going to be faster because the people there are obsessed and will be faster than us here.. This thread functions as a good place for discussion so I see no problem with the shipping and amiibo talk.
Oh I totally agree. I've contributed to the amiibo talk myself, and I only call RFD'ers mutants in a (mostly) affectionate manner.

I'd be looking for a home theater system, I'm pretty good for games at this time.

suikodan

I anticipate a repeat of the Black Friday deals.

Which will be good to pick up the new Skylander game for 45$, it's a yearly ritual now.

i-Jest

Apparel sales. 40-50% off store wide. I think I'm good for games (minus PSN deals going on now and next week). Hoping GAP and Banana Republic have some good sales. Wanna get me some more cable knit shawl cardigans. May get a jacket and some new jeans as well.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hoping that GTA or DA:I drop to 40 as well. Hoping more to get a decent gaming headset for less than 50$. I need one big time.
I get the feeling Inquisition will drop real quick, seeing as it failed to light up the NPD charts.

If you're interested, I have the Sony Pulse Elite which I can ship for $30. I used them for a week or two when my surround system was being repaired but they've been sitting in the box ever since.

Top Bottom