• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

People on ebay make me shake my head.

I bought a copy of shenmue which arrived today.

The ad said that the discs were in "great' condition. all the discs were scratched. and not light scratching either.

I email the dude to ask if he might have a second copy. He says no but starts off his email by saying that "By regular standards the discs are in good condition and fully functional." and ending with saying that i could request a return, but I'd have to pay for it.

For some reason, that annoyed me. I already knew about the return shipping (it was listed in his ad), but it still irked me a little.

I examined the discs under light to examine for disrot, and lo and behold, I find that the second disc has been damaged so deeply that there's a pin size hole that goes right through the data track.

I'm assuming that once you initiate return procedures, you can't leave feedback, right?

Sora_N

The ad said that the discs were in "great' condition. all the discs were scratched. and not light scratching either.

I email the dude to ask if he might have a second copy. He says no but starts off his email by saying that "By regular standards the discs are in good condition and fully functional." and ending with saying that i could request a return, but I'd have to pay for it.

For some reason, that annoyed me. I already knew about the return shipping (it was listed in his ad), but it still irked me a little.

I examined the discs under light to examine for disrot, and lo and behold, I find that the second disc has been damaged so deeply that there's a pin size hole that goes right through the data track.

I'm assuming that once you initiate return procedures, you can't leave feedback, right?

Yeah no fb.

Ugh, I guess I'll just stick with 970 lol Too bad I missed the $390 for Gigabyte G1 970.
Who was selling the G1 for $390?

So annoying. If I had any guess that the dollar was going to tank I would have bought a 970 last fall.

Now I dunno what to buy. Want a reasonably powerful Nvidia GPU without selling my car.

Lexxism

Who was selling the G1 for $390?

So annoying. If I had any guess that the dollar was going to tank I would have bought a 970 last fall.

Now I dunno what to buy. Want a reasonably powerful Nvidia GPU without selling my car.
My bad. It was actually $400 with $30 MIR at NCIX. It comes with Witcher 3 and Batman Arkham Knight. Dunno why I didn't ordered it lol

Yeah no fb.

figures.

he's saying he can't see any scratches from the photos I sent. how can he not see that?

qAOPEJn.jpg

kinger

File a complaint with ebay? He shouldn't be allowed to get away with misleading (or outright false) information.

Dear ShippingGAF,

In the past month I've ordered a bunch of game stuff on ebay, nearly all international. All but 4 items have arrived (no tracking #), and most of them have been a full month now. I assume they're stuck in customs, but I have no way of knowing if they're lost.

Has anyone with tracking on international items noticed an especially long delay at customs lately? I've never had anything sit for this long. We have a lot of stuff shipped from Japan and most of it doesn't get checked, and the only ones that have been went through in a few days.

Update on this. The last two items arrived today, more than two months after I ordered them. Doesn't even look like they were touched by customs, so I think it was all Canada Post processing being crazy slow.

Umm what scratches?

Edit: Oh i see it, right at the top where there is light coming through

That actually isn't the scratch I was originally complaining about. lol

there are a bunch more on the discs. none of them were as deep as that one though, but there were quite a number of them.

File a complaint with ebay? He shouldn't be allowed to get away with misleading (or outright false) information.

Well, he said to return it, and I just came back from mailing it back to him. Hopefully it doesn't get lost. I do have a tracking number in hand. I just hope that's enough.

Dazzler

Still no sign of E3 deals from BestBuy lol

weren't they only announced a few days before last year?

I'd almost expect the superior deal to come from Amazon this year. But fuck ordering from them given their shitty shipping experience if you don't have prime

I'd almost expect the superior deal to come from Amazon this year. But fuck ordering from them given their shitty shipping experience if you don't have prime

yuuuuup. I ended up completely regretting putting so many orders through with them last year, even if they were a couple bucks cheaper. If BB and Amazon have similar deals, i'm going BB all the way (and just praying they stay in business until the games are released :p )

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

The only reason I avoided Amazon last year was because I often change my mind about a game after already getting it and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it to them.

The only reason I avoided Amazon last year was because I often change my mind about a game after already getting it and I don't want to go through the hassle of returning it to them.

On the flipside, they are a dream if you want to cancel an item in an order before it ships.

farisr

$5 off a preorder!

Even at $20 off a preorder I may not bite, seeing as the newer games are 79.99.

52.99 or less or no deal. (Just under 33% off the 79.99 price).

The drop in game price is even bigger nowadays, just a couple of months and bloodbornes beeing showing up on sale for 39.99. I think I can wait a month or two for a better deal.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I think I still prefer Amazon when it comes down to it. Best Buy's (and formerly FS's) website is a nightmare for having to change an order in any way. They have the options to do it on there, but it never functions properly. Having FS / BB preorders a couple years ago when we moved was a very bad idea. And I've been lucky with Amazon preorders. They always fuck with the 'expected delivery date' on my free shipping items, but always end up delivery on time in the end. Until that changes, I'll prefer to stick with them.

Dazzler

The shitty dollar has made me a much more patient purchaser

I'm happy to sit out games now until they hit an agreeable price point. I'd have picked up Bloodborne Day 1 if it was 60 bucks.

Waited it out until it hit 40. Similar situation with Dying Light and Borderlands Collection. They're losing out on my day 1 purchase by jacking up the price

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I think I still prefer Amazon when it comes down to it. Best Buy's (and formerly FS's) website is a nightmare for having to change an order in any way. They have the options to do it on there, but it never functions properly. Having FS / BB preorders a couple years ago when we moved was a very bad idea. And I've been lucky with Amazon preorders. They always fuck with the 'expected delivery date' on my free shipping items, but always end up delivery on time in the end. Until that changes, I'll prefer to stick with them.

...Oh no. I'm moving at the end of the month, AND my credit card is about to expire. Updating all my FS and BB preorders is gonna be a nightmare.

I'm happy to sit out games now until they hit an agreeable price point. I'd have picked up Bloodborne Day 1 if it was 60 bucks.

Waited it out until it hit 40. Similar situation with Dying Light and Borderlands Collection. They're losing out on my day 1 purchase by jacking up the price

Ditto with the exception on Nintendo because of the limited prints they make of games.

Checked with a mod and posted in the OT thread but I just wanted to make sure no one else was planning on putting together a thread with all the info for the E3 preorder deals (if we even get them). Having one spot with all the information about when you are charged, what store X does better than Y and all the rest would, hopefully, cut down on the amount of questions that pop up repeatedly during the sale.

Same here. I haven't bought a new game since before Christmas. Where as spending $60 before was no problem, now $60 sales aren't good enough.

I wonder how it's affecting sales overall, I'm guessing not by much since we're seeing future releases with increased prices.

a916

Checked with a mod and posted in the OT thread but I just wanted to make sure no one else was planning on putting together a thread with all the info for the E3 preorder deals (if we even get them). Having one spot with all the information about when you are charged, what store X does better than Y and all the rest would, hopefully, cut down on the amount of questions that pop up repeatedly during the sale.

Curious, are we going to have a new thread for that? Or would it just add to this thread?

DVG

Any deals for an xbox one right now? Is kinect worth it? Should I wait till e3 if there are any good deals?

Curious, are we going to have a new thread for that? Or would it just add to this thread?

If we get the sale I'll post another it as another thread. The info usually gets buried in this thread and then folk end up asking a lot of the same questions which makes other sales/glitches harder to find. Figure I can stay on top of the thread and update the main post as things come up.

...Oh no. I'm moving at the end of the month, AND my credit card is about to expire. Updating all my FS and BB preorders is gonna be a nightmare.

Had the same situation a few months ago but was able to update info over the phone no problem. The very friendly CSR was able to change both FS and BB orders. Took like 10 mins to change 5 or 6 orders. Just have your order numbers ready when you call.

Top Bottom