• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Lexxism

Really too bad Canadian-amiibo-GAF is still bitter.
Seriously look at the size of that thread... We would have been pushed to Thread 6 already.
Wow, you were right. 106 pages already (Mine is 100 posts per page). 56 pages more and they will surpass this thread.

Dazzler

If you've no interest in Amiibo then the Amiibo discussion was a little suffocating to the rest of the the thread

Branching it off was the right move for everyone

I see it like I do games. You mention availability and sales in this thread but keep it relatively clean because there are OTs for game discussion.

The difference is that, in the case of amiibo, availability and sales is literally, and i mean literally, 90% of the discussion. People raaaaarely ever talk about actually using the things.

Lothars

Seriously look at the size of that thread... We would have been pushed to Thread 6 already.

I like amiibos. I don't find a lot of value in much of the discussion personally though. But it sure is nice when people mention availability here once in a while like Conezays did.

I see it like I do games. You mention availability and sales in this thread but keep it relatively clean because there are OTs for game discussion. I don't participate in many OTs either because discussion doesn't really interest me most of the time. But I still appreciate anyone mentioning any deals/availability (if hard to find) in here.
I think how it's been handled after the initial thread has been good and it was worth it to move even though it sucks it's in community now but the initial handling of it is where the bitterness comes from at least how I see it.

i-Jest

I like amiibos. I don't find a lot of value in much of the discussion personally though. But it sure is nice when people mention availability here once in a while like Conezays did.

I see it like I do games. You mention availability and sales in this thread but keep it relatively clean because there are OTs for game discussion. I don't participate in many OTs either because discussion doesn't really interest me most of the time. But I still appreciate anyone mentioning any deals/availability (if hard to find) in here.

I'm apart of Canadian-amiibo-GAF and I'm not bitter. The split happened, we got our own thread, and I moved on. As far as community threads go we're not that big.

DEAL???

Daria is $23.99 on Amazon: http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B0019N8P2W/ref=ox_sc_imb_mini_detail?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A3DWYIK6Y9EEQB

I hear a couple good impressions about this Y-Cable when it comes to hooking up an external to your Wii U. Can Canuck GAF confirm? http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B003HHK576/ref=ox_sc_sfl_title_3?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A1HU0UETW2PFPN

krae_man

So I can leave Telus for Wind now instead of waiting until the end of when my contract would run out this winter?

If you've had it for more then 2 years yes. If you've had it less then two years, you have to wait until uyou hit the two year anniversary. At least that is my understanding.

If you've had it for more then 2 years yes. If you've had it less then two years, you have to wait until uyou hit the two year anniversary. At least that is my understanding.

Exactly. The government has basically forced the phone companies to tie your repayment of phone subsidies to a two year maximum, so that even if you had a "3 year" contract, there's no binding payment owed after the 2 year mark. You own the phone and can bail out if you wish.

The only catch is that Wind is not on a completely interoperable network to Telus/Rogers/Bell, so signal can be an issue (and some phones will just not be cross compatible)

UberTag

The only catch is that Wind is not on a completely interoperable network to Telus/Rogers/Bell, so signal can be an issue (and some phones will just not be cross compatible)
I'm going to laugh if I bring my OnePlus One over there and find out their network won't support it.

zroid

Banned
The list of Best Buy Canada stores which will be demoing Mario Maker during E3 has been posted: http://www.nintendo.com/en_CA/whatsnew/detail/ngB0IQbP70-Px2A8H3907NJmupZcygBv

Take the upcoming Mario Maker game for Wii U for a spin before it's released during this special demo event at Best Buy locations across North America. Plus, receive a free limited edition Super Mario Bros. 30th anniversary button while supplies last, just for playing! In Mario Maker, you get to create, play, and share levels in a variety of Super Mario Bros. styles.

These events take place on June 17 @ 4pm-9pm and June 20 @ 12pm-5pm, all in local time.

Address City Province Postal Code
5111 Northland Dr NW Calgary AB T2L 2J8
G8 - 8180 11th St SE Calgary AB T2H 3B5
13924 - 137th Ave NW Edmonton AB T5L 5H1
9931 - 19th Ave NW Edmonton AB T6N 1M4
32900 South Fraser Way Abbotsford BC V2S 5A1
4805 Kinsgway Burnaby BC V5H 4T6
2220 Cambie St Vancouver BC V5T 2T7
#10 - 1580 Regent Ave W Winnipeg MB R2C 2Y9
11 Washmill Lake Crt Halifax NS B3S 0A2
100 Mapleview Dr E, Unit 2 Barrie ON L4N 0L1
745 Kanata Ave Kanata ON K2T 1H9
770 Gardiners Rd Kingston ON K7M 3X9
215 Fairway Rd S Kitchener ON N2C 1X2
1080 Wellington Rd S London ON N6E 1M2
#1 - 6075 Mavis Rd Mississauga ON L5R 4G6
480 Progress Ave Scarborough ON M1P 5J1
65 Dundas St W Toronto ON M5G 2C3
7850 Weston Rd Vaughan ON L4L 4M9
401 Blvd. Des. Galeries Quebec City PQ G2K 1N4
790 Montee des Pionniers Lachenaie QC J6V 1N9
460 Rue St Catherine O Montreal QC H3B 1A6
8871 De L'Acadie Blvd Montreal QC H4N 3K1
6728 Trans-Canada Hwy Pointe-Claire QC H9R 5J2

Guess it will be Scarberia Town Centre for me

kitzkozan

Even at $20 off a preorder I may not bite, seeing as the newer games are 79.99.

52.99 or less or no deal. (Just under 33% off the 79.99 price).

The drop in game price is even bigger nowadays, just a couple of months and bloodbornes beeing showing up on sale for 39.99. I think I can wait a month or two for a better deal.

Curious to see what the E3 offer will be, but I'm not optimistic lol. Deals have been mediocre in the last few months so I bought Bloodborne for 36.99 by price matching amazon.ca. It still feel weird since I usually buy a game when it's less than $30, but I ran out of patience and I don't a significant price drop anytime soon.

As far as pre-ordering goes, I see that Blazblue CP extend is 59.99 so I'm expecting a decent price with a 30% rebate or more. I'll pre-order that along with SFV (also 59.99) and another game, but my mind is not made up yet. I just don't have it in me to pre-order a 79.99 game, no matter how good the discount is. XD

Funko pops > Amibo anyway

*ducks*

EB just tweeted that NHL 16, Madden 16 and FIFA 16 are available for pre-order but no mention of any deals.......and that is why I stopped shopping at EB

UberTag

Pretty sure the OPO works on Wind.
Don't worry about that. The OnePlus One has AWS support, so it should work on Wind.
Thanks for the confirmation. Hopped over to my local Wind store and have kicked off the transition. I'll be off the Telus grid in a matter of hours. Paying less for unlimited data is great. Don't think Telus was giving me 4G speed, either (as I was working on a grandfathered data plan for my old 2G phone).

flkraven

I'm with Fido, and I guess I'm able to bail on my 3yr contract starting today. It technically runs out in August, but I desperately need a new phone. I read a thing on RFD about negotiating a better contract, and apparently they have a promotional one that you need to mention by name or something. Has anyone ever tried this?

Sora_N

I'm with Fido, and I guess I'm able to bail on my 3yr contract starting today. It technically runs out in August, but I desperately need a new phone. I read a thing on RFD about negotiating a better contract, and apparently they have a promotional one that you need to mention by name or something. Has anyone ever tried this?

You mean calling and asking for retentions?

They have some set plans ready for people who try to negotiate and you may be able to change a few things.

Dazzler

You mean calling and asking for retentions?

They have some set plans ready for people who try to negotiate and you may be able to change a few things.

Fido retentions were awesome for me, managed to get 6gb of data out of them by threatening to leave for Wind. Including tax I pay about $60 a month

Lexxism

Fido retentions were awesome for me, managed to get 6gb of data out of them by threatening to leave for Wind. Including tax I pay about $60 a month
Wow. That's a pretty nice offer. I wonder if Bell will do the same for me next year when my contract is over. If not, I'll go with Rogers resellers and get 1GB for 36-40$.

DJ_Lae

kennah

I'm considering Wind as an option.

I have a 6GB data plan with Rogers, and they want me to switch to their Share Everything plan. lol

I switched from my 6gig plan to their 5gig plan. Came out 3$ a month cheaper plus I got voicemail that I didn't have before. I've only come close once, and that was when I accidentally left Steam running while I tethered to grab a file. Computer downloaded a gig in about 15 minutes :p

Just cancelled my pre-order for Metal Gear Solid V Phantom Pain - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition on amazon.ca. If anyone was looking for one, start stocking. I did notice though that amazon is selling their's $10 cheaper then BB. But in the end, I just didn't know what I'd do with a replica of a robotic arm.

Quick

Banned
I switched from my 6gig plan to their 5gig plan. Came out 3$ a month cheaper plus I got voicemail that I didn't have before. I've only come close once, and that was when I accidentally left Steam running while I tethered to grab a file. Computer downloaded a gig in about 15 minutes :p

5GB from Rogers?

I always think about switching to Wind, but their coverage is what makes me question their service.

Firestorm

Wind + Shaw Open is a pretty sweet combo. Though having Wind and travelling to Victoria was kind of a pain (then again basically all of Victoria seems to be covered in Shaw Open).

tiijj

the waves their phones work through don't have good concrete penetration.

signal is also spotty outside of main hubs (e.g. big metropolitan city)

first-hand experience

A year or so ago my friend had wind and he has spotty reception in downtown Toronto even inside eaton centre.

I wish they get better soon. Rogers is itching to increase my monthly payment.

frequency

No offence. But you're living in a bubble here. Who said anyone was bitter? The only time the split ever comes up, is in here. Seriously. Nobody in the amiibo thread is talking about it...at all. Like...ever.

*shakes head*

I was just going off what other people were saying and the jabs that occasionally pop up in here.

Maybe things are said jokingly. Hard to tell in text since there is no intonation.

Top Bottom