• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

kitzkozan

Oh god, I'll be at E3 in two weeks and I'll be more concerned with constantly checking BB's website for the deals/price mistakes then actually playing the games there.

Thats some kind of irony.

"No sir I don't want to play Uncharted collection, BB accidentally put it up for $49.99, I gotta redo all my preorders again before they fix it"

Lol, I'll probably be doing the same thing and I'm sure there will be mistakes. :p Given these price, 33% off would make me pre-order and I would be tempted by the Uncharted collection at 49.99. I would be okay with that game + Blazblue CPE and SFV which are both 59.99 right now.

i-Jest

This E3 I'm aiming for:

Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax
Rodea Sky Soldier
Mighty no.009
Bloodstained Ritual (if it shows up in time)
Bravely Second CE (if it shows up in time)

I think that's just about it unless I see something I can't pass up. GAWD, I hope the discounts are deeper this year. These $80 game prices are ridiculous.

explodet

I'm just keeping my fingers crossed that Street Fighter V is still $60 when and if the deals hit. Other than that the only musts are Fallout 4 and Fire Emblem.

BadHand

I'll probably still pre-order a few essentials for $60CAD. I know for a FACT Fallout 4 will be Day 1 for me, for example. May as well get 33% off.

A far cry from the 13+ games I'm used to buying though.

Mikey Jr.

I don't do anything illegal but I have paranoia and stuff like this terrifies me :(

Heck, I don't even have Shaw and now I'm worried they will contact me. I don't torrent or download or anything but what if they do contact me anyways?

What the fuck.....

MisterJoynt

Neo Member
Mikey, assure your dad he'll be okay

Perfect.

Regarding the Uncharted Collection, this will be purchased but I have no reason to buy it right away. Looking at the costs of every previous HD collection, this is ludicrously high. With that in mind and seeing how rapidly many games drop in value, within a few months this will start to appear on sale.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
So, I'm flipping through the Best Buy flier for next week. They confirm there will be an "EPIC E3 OFFER". What that is remains to be seen. Offer will be revealed on June 12th.
so this is bad news considering the word "epic" lost all meaning like 6 years ago, right

I mean at this point I'll take what I can get but even my plan of picking up things at a discount months later doesn't even seem as promising anymore.

KarmaCow

I stumbled upon EP's youtube page and was surprised there are still full 30min daily videos. The viewcount is depressing but I guess it's like Giantbomb where they robo upload it youtube even if no one is watching outside of the main site.

Luigi87

I stumbled upon EP's youtube page and was surprised there are still full 30min daily videos. The viewcount is depressing but I guess it's like Giantbomb where they robo upload it youtube even if no one is watching outside of the main site.

They also still air on television for people to watch.

Renewed

Ack, sucks that the CE is $10 higher than the American price, whereas the regular version is only $5.

I'll preorder just in case, but how easy is it to cancel EB Games orders?

You have to go in-store or talk to CS. I haven't ever been able to find out how to cancel an online order otherwise (did preorder pickup instore).

tiijj

Ack, sucks that the CE is $10 higher than the American price, whereas the regular version is only $5.

I'll preorder just in case, but how easy is it to cancel EB Games orders?

You can email them, that's how I canceled my order. I emailed them saying that I want to cancel order ###### and they replied saying that it was canceled.

i-Jest

I stopped watching YEARS ago. It just wasn't the same after Tommy left.

Wait $75 for the Nathan Drake Collection? Damn these remasters are getting ballsy from every angle now.
I agree with the guy who said it should be $40.

Speaking of remasters why is GTAV for XB1 and PS4 still $70.00? The game originally came out in 2013 and of course most of it sold on last gen consoles being released a good year before coming to current gen.

So why not drop the price to something more reasonable? Besides prettier graphics there's nothing different besides that first person perspective in the current gen versions, yet it's still priced comparable to newly released titles.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Wait $75 for the Nathan Drake Collection? Damn these remasters are getting ballsy from every angle now.
I agree with the guy who said it should be $40.

Speaking of remasters why is GTAV for XB1 and PS4 still $70.00? The game originally came out in 2013 and of course most of it sold on last gen consoles being released a good year before coming to current gen.

So why not drop the price to something more reasonable? Besides prettier graphics there's nothing different besides that first person perspective in the current gen versions, yet it's still priced comparable to newly released titles.
There's double the player count in multiplayer and new songs as well, but yeah, the price should be a bit lower. I'm curious as how the current versions are still doing in sales.

rawd

As someone who rarely buys the latest games, I'm really worried about the price tag for Fallout 4 CE. What are we going to be looking at, $150

zroid

Banned
uh oh, now Best Buy is saying you need to be a Gamers Club member to get access to their E3 offer

that sounds inauspicious

edit: Also

Starting June 17th, get a FREE 7-button Nintendo collector's edition set
when you pre-order Mario Maker plus 1 other game that is part of the line-up being announced by Nintendo at E3 on June 16th. While supplies last.

uh oh, now Best Buy is saying you need to be a Gamers Club member to get access to their E3 offer

that sounds inauspicious

They are probably pushing sign ups via the E3 promo.

It's free so it's nothing to fret about.

Besides, you would be crazy not to earn the points on the games you're order so that you can get a few bucks back.

zroid

Banned
They are probably pushing sign ups via the E3 promo.

It's free so it's nothing to fret about.

Besides, you would be crazy not to earn the points on the games you're order so that you can get a few bucks back.

No excuse for not signing up yeah, but the strange thing is because of how Gamers Club works -- it's literally just emails and 2x points. So maybe "access" is going to be a promo code they email you... which can only be used once? I dunno.

No excuse for not signing up yeah, but the strange thing is because of how Gamers Club works -- it's literally just emails and 2x points. So maybe "access" is going to be a promo code they email you... which can only be used once? I dunno.

Hmm.

That's true.

A special logon portal would be preferable.

tiijj

that sounds inauspicious

I remember a few months before the release of PS4, they were offering a "special shipment" of PS4 for the Gamers Club members. Quantities are limited! 24 hrs only! etc... LOL.

On the week the PS4 was release it was all BS. Some people who ordered a week before the release and wasn't even a gamers club member were able to get their console a few days or on the release day of the PS4. Some gamers club member got their console shipped the night of the release date or the following monday.

The only good thing about gamers club is the points. I wish we get at least the unlocked like the one in the US, that would've been better considering the falling dollar.

that sounds inauspicious

That almost guarantees that the deal will be in the form of points rebates, and not immediate discounts. Fuck.

Guess I'll wait and see what Amazon does too.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
That almost guarantees that the deal will be in the form of points rebates, and not immediate discounts. Fuck.

The only plus to the last time they did that was returning games after shipping didn't refund the bonus points if it was more than 35 days since you placed the pre-order. They probably fixed that though.

kitzkozan

That's a logical conclusion, especially since Best Buy ran that deal in 2013. Of course, most people opted for the Future Shop offer of an immediate discount of 33% by buying 3 games. Now, there's not much choice outside of Best Buy and Amazon.ca. It make Amazon.ca my default pick since you are protected if the price temporarily drop before the release date (although they usually have less games than Best Buy up for pre-order or a slower to update their selection as the E3 convention announce new title so it's a give and take situation).

I swear, if best buy's E3 off is 800 bonus points per game when you preorder three or more, I'm gonna be livid.

And I have an awful gut feeling that that's exactly what it is.

My money's on the points.

Having said that maybe competitors (amzn?) will match, with $.

I'm betting on points too, I just hope it's not 800 per game. $10 would literally not be enough to get me to preorder anything, especially since it's not an actual discount.

1600 points is a bit more acceptable, but it still doesn't do much. 2000 points ($25) per game wouldn't be too bad. That basically means every three games, you get one free one. Which is how the discounts have ended up working in the past.

Top Bottom