• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Dazzler

Myself and two other people I know got copyright notification emails from Shaw yesterday, looks like they're sending a bunch out right now

Be careful, friends

farisr

What's this for?

Probably some torrent being monitored by the copyright holder, notified Shaw of the IP address, Shaw required to send notification to person at said IP address and inform them of copyright notification. Sometimes they do this in batches. Right now, as far as I am aware nothing really serious comes from this, extremely rare, but yeah, seriously stop torrenting, this is probably the most common way people get in trouble.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
HBO is starting to use the whole "ISP contacts consumer" thing for people who torrent their shows. ISPs are not legally obligated to tell HBO who you are, but the ISPs will send a notice to you saying that HBO gave them your IP in an attempt to track you.

Well, or something like that anyway.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
I don't do anything illegal but I have paranoia and stuff like this terrifies me :(

Heck, I don't even have Shaw and now I'm worried they will contact me. I don't torrent or download or anything but what if they do contact me anyways?

thelatestmodel

Junior, please.
I don't do anything illegal but I have paranoia and stuff like this terrifies me :(

Heck, I don't even have Shaw and now I'm worried they will contact me. I don't torrent or download or anything but what if they do contact me anyways?

Don't do anything. Ignore it. Nothing will happen to you. Even by responding, that further confirms your identity etc, so just lay low and ignore them.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

You're going to prison for life.

what, shaw sent you a notice yet you're not their customer?

on top of that, you don't torrent or do anything illegal?

uhhhh...this confuses me.

That mail would have a one way trip to spam folder I were you.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Yes, to be clear I didn't get any notices. I worry. I have paranoia I can't help it

Myself and two other people I know got copyright notification emails from Shaw yesterday, looks like they're sending a bunch out right now

Be careful, friends

I dont work for Shaw but a competitor. These notices don't come in batches, they are usually delivered within 24 hours of you downloading something but we have seen them come within minutes. While Shaw may be sending the notices out to you in batches, telling people to be careful at this time does nothing.

zroid

Banned
So, I'm flipping through the Best Buy flier for next week. They confirm there will be an "EPIC E3 OFFER". What that is remains to be seen. Offer will be revealed on June 12th.

ohlawd

So, I'm flipping through the Best Buy flier for next week. They confirm there will be an "EPIC E3 OFFER". What that is remains to be seen. Offer will be revealed on June 12th.

BB's got most of the stuff I want up already and it's all handheld stuff. even 20% is aight. I'm ready brehs

20% off across the board would be fine.

I'm just completely spoiled by Amazon.ca's accidental 45% off of the American prices last year.

Sealtest

I wouldn't be suprised if its 5% off one game 10% off 2 and 15% off 3.

They have no real reason to give us the same offer anymore so I expect scraps.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
You people who would be happy with 20% off are crazy. I won't be happy with such a slight discount.

curb

Banned
Part of me is still holding out hope for a good E3 deal but part of me just doesn't care anymore. I am buying fewer and fewer games lately - mostly due to a lack of free time. At this rate, I think I'm more likely to continue to reduce spending and go all digital since I like having my games on my PS4 HDD.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
20% off across the board would be fine.

I'm just completely spoiled by Amazon.ca's accidental 45% off of the American prices last year.

Me too, though 33% is the norm not 20%.. Still got loads of E3 pre-orders between 34.99-39.99$. I'm good. Only games I will most likely pre-order at these prices are 3DS games from Nintendo.

I'll wait for price drops and keep buying amiibos lol

Valar Morghulis said:
Thanks Canada.

vYPTM2v.png
Yeah fuck this

zroid

Banned
Me too, though 33% is the norm not 20%.. Still got loads of E3 pre-orders between 34.99-39.99$. I'm good. Only games I will most likely pre-order at these prices are 3DS games from Nintendo.

I'll wait for price drops and keep buying amiibos lol

plz let there be an am**** deal

I want to round out some commons

Considering you could buy Witcher 1&2 on GOG for like $3... 74.99 is a pretty ridiculous starting price for an Uncharted bundle. Oh well, some people will buy it. Eventually the price will drop. Glad I don't have a PS4 yet, heh.

krae_man

Oh god, I'll be at E3 in two weeks and I'll be more concerned with constantly checking BB's website for the deals/price mistakes then actually playing the games there.

Thats some kind of irony.

"No sir I don't want to play Uncharted collection, BB accidentally put it up for $49.99, I gotta redo all my preorders again before they fix it"

Dazzler

That Uncharted price is offensive

I haven't played any of the Uncharted games (outside of the Vita one) and was hoping for something like this. Not at that price, tho

mdubs

Banned
Even at 33% off, I won't be preordering anything besides Persona 4 Dancing All Night, Danganronpa and Fire Emblem this year. I still have a number from last year kicking around, and paying $52.49 a game is just too much assuming its based on a $79.99 price.

Top Bottom