• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

NCIX has ongoing sales on ADATA and other cards: about $12 for 32GB and $25 for 64GB. They also offer free shipping sometimes if you're too far away to do a local pickup. ADATA is actually a pretty good brand.

Oh god, if the Best Buy offer turns out to be points only and Amazon doesn't repeat their offer from last year, deals will truly be dead in Canada. Hopefully you're all wrong with your speculation!

Sealtest

like I keep saying they have no reason to even do anything for us so i'm expecting the bare minimum. $10-$15 off max which is very slim it'll happen. I feel it'll be 600 points per game,700 points for 2 and 800 for 3.

like I keep saying they have no reason to even do anything for us so i'm expecting the bare minimum. $10-$15 off max which is very slim it'll happen. I feel it'll be 600 points per game,700 points for 2 and 800 for 3.

those are too abstract amounts. they've only ever given points equivalent to $5 increments. 400,800,1600, etc

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I expect points, which would be kind of terrible since you're kind of trapped into spending more at the store. That's probably the one thing I'm sad about with the death of Futureshop.

Sealtest

those are too abstract amounts. they've only ever given points equivalent to $5 increments. 400,800,1600, etc

Ah okay I'm not used to these points because I always chose futureshop over Best buy.

I expect points, which would be kind of terrible since you're kind of trapped into spending more at the store. That's probably the one thing I'm sad about with the death of Futureshop.

Whats worse is you can't even use these online.

i-Jest

We might be looking at the end of an era with E3 sales Canuck GAF.

3747cc8e77636bd52b9e3ddc572c13a5bfc6810bcd1bb503d8cce478978e6899.jpg

EDIT:

Hopefully other retailers like WalMart joins the fray with some super saver E3 discounts. I wasn't expecting them to carry new wave of Amiibo a few months ago; not only did they stock wave 4, they were an exclusive retailer for one particular Amiibo. I know that's like comparing apples and oranges but I wanna keep some hope alive for us.

They didn't have reason to do anything before through Future Shop.

There will be competition for our money since it's a big preorder time. How good that competition is, well, we will just have to see.

I can't believe we went from "E3 deals are gonna happen but they'll be shit" to "well now they're just maybe not going to happen somehow."

Why this. What did we do to deserve this

Amazon save us please we'll speak more highly of your shipping from now on I promise

I think what we're seeing here is pessimism borne out of deals sucking for so long now

Hopefully we're all totally wrong

well it isn't like only video games have gone more expensive.

me and my family go grocery shopping for some beef and pork at superstore and the prices are insane.

Vamphuntr

I have a 500 e-giftcard for Best Buy and can't think of anything I want from Best Buy. :(

Wat Do?

There has to be something something you need or someone for your family needs in there. They don't only sell gaming items. Ask them first before giving to random people.

zroid

Banned
You can pay for a membership then cancel before the 1-year is up and you get a full refund.

A couple years ago I was contemplating getting one for myself (otherwise I just go with my parents when I need something), but was on the fence. As an incentive, they offered me a $25 costco gift card if I signed up. So I got the gift card, used it, and a few months later canceled my membership and got a full refund. :lol

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Maybe Best Buy will give free ground beef with preorders this year?

Yeah, I've noticed that too. A pack of ground beef was around 5 bucks a year or so ago, that same pack is now around 8-9$.

not to sound like a broken record in this thread, but for the second time today I have to mention Costco. Best prices on beef, amazing quality. I regularly eat steak now because of the fantastic price on rib steaks and strip loin.

i-Jest

A couple of things on clearance at Best Buy. They have some promotion going on to get up to 50% off of open box + demo items so maybe there's a deal somewhere in there as well. Clearance items were lumped in with that but I can't see any additional discounts.

http://www.bestbuy.ca/Search/SearchR...earance&page=1
Pokemon Art Academy $25 (retail $35)
NES Remix 3DS $20 (retail $35)
Arcana Heart 3: Love Max $35 (lol iunno)

Do these prices apply in store or just online?

Stage On

If Best buy just offers points for their rewards program in loo of a proper discount then they can fly a kite.

For one it's more expensive in the long run then simply getting money strait off because you end up paying more in taxes

More importantly you can only use their reward coupons in stores which is wack. What good is that supposed to do for people like me who's nearest best buy is far enough away as to be an huge pain in the ass to get to? It's simply too inconvenient to be practical

Top Bottom