• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Luigi87

I am making a stand, as someone who has every released amiibo in Canada at the moment... I will not pre-order the exclusives!

Lexxism

I haven't even buy an amiibo but thanks to them my urge to buy nendo and likes is getting stronger and stronger and I might cost more money on this than buying all of amiibo.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
x2cB9TC.png

http://www.futureshop.ca/en-CA/prod...spx?path=804fac90b1db30297c9a75cec01371c0en02

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=d1856bdd695f9ce2c9f8528d69f3d3bcen02
I could French you right now.

My pre-order for 2 Meta Knight amiibo was just confirmed. Hopefully I can sell the second for $30 to cover my costs (sorry!) or trade it for another amiibo.

Harusame

Successfully pre-ordered the Meta-knight amiibo from Future Shop.

Secondly, the Roselina amiibo will definitely be a hassle trying to obtain from Target. Without being able to pre-order online and within store, when Nintendo shipments arrive at the stores, it is more or less first come, first served. Even though I work at one of the Targets by Vancouver, we can't really know when we do receive shipments from Nintendo.

Magnus

Finally got a look at amiibos in person today. So wow. Are they ever cheap-looking and unremarkable. I mean, for $15 I don't know what I was expecting I fuess.

I'm kind of glad to avoid the slippery slope here of getting addicted to them.

erpg

GAF parliamentarian
Finally got a look at amiibos in person today. So wow. Are they ever cheap-looking and unremarkable. I mean, for $15 I don't know what I was expecting I fuess.

I'm kind of glad to avoid the slippery slope here of getting addicted to them.
In the same boat. They're somehow even worse than the Wind Waker CE's Ganondorf figure.

But I guess Smash's in-game models for Zelda characters aren't good anyway.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Wow, Purolator was used to ship my ToysRus order, and since I wasn't here today, they sent the package to their center, far away from public transportations...

Does anyone know if I can call to re-schedule a shipping to my house, or ask them to send the package to another pickup location? If not, that's really bullshit...

the3ye

Wow, Purolator was used to ship my ToysRus order, and since I wasn't here today, they sent the package to their center, far away from public transportations...

Does anyone know if I can call to re-schedule a shipping to my house, or ask them to send the package to another pickup location? If not, that's really bullshit...

Just call them, they will arrange new delivery attempt.

Mimosa97

This happened to me with my TV.

I called them and they re-scheduled a new delivery for the next morning.

bkw

And to add to the other answers, I had them transfer a package to another pickup location once. So both options should be available.

Teletraan1

Banned

Have them transfer it to another pickup location that is convenient. If you try to re arrange delivery they might do what they always do to me....ninja up to the door, not knock and leave another door hanger that I missed them while I was sitting there all day waiting for my package. I have put in multiple complaints about their drivers doing this in my area, especially around the holidays. I usually pay extra if I have to so it wont be shipped by Pickituplater.

What's with all the last-minute deals. Ghosts and Black Flag (all consoles) $10 at Wal-Mart, Wii U deals, etc.

Amazon.ca price-matched all the Target deals this week.

So has anyone in Canada spotted Luigi, Captain Falcon or Pit?

Plenty of sightings now in the USA from the Amiibo Discussion Thread...nothing here in Canada...fuck!

Tapejara

Shame that South Park deal doesn't include the PC version. Though I suppose it'll be a daily/flash deal in the Steam sale at some point.

explodet

Assassins Creed IV Black Flag $10.00 (!!!): http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00DNVDJGA/
This looks like it's the PS4 version only - the PS3 version is $15 and the Xbone version is over $30 still.

So has anyone in Canada spotted Luigi, Captain Falcon or Pit?

Plenty of sightings now in the USA from the Amiibo Discussion Thread...nothing here in Canada...fuck!
I'll probably be getting the Captain Falcon I ordered from Amazon Germany first before my Future Shop order kicks in.

ultra7k

Didn't see it posted here unless I missed it, but it looks like Futureshop and Best Buy have dropped the price for FFX/FFX-2 HD for Vita/PS3 to 19.99, which is a pretty great deal IMO.

zroid

Banned
Did you guys know Best Buy has an amiibo deal right now? It's not as good as 3/$30 but eh...

Buy 4 amiibo, get $10 off.

farisr

Didn't see it posted here unless I missed it, but it looks like Futureshop and Best Buy have dropped the price for FFX/FFX-2 HD for Vita/PS3 to 19.99, which is a pretty great deal IMO.

Yeah, had to happen after it being announced for the ps4 as well.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Did you guys know Best Buy has an amiibo deal right now? It's not as good as 3/$30 but eh...

Buy 4 amiibo, get $10 off.

Nice deal if it works for preorders.

stn

CoD: Ghosts is $10 on Amazon. Xbone and PS4. I'd buy it if I didn't have a backlog already, it looks cool.

Top Bottom