• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Lexxism

PSN Deals
Sleeping Dogs PS4 is 19.99$
Wolfenstein PS4 29.99$
Thief PS4 29.99$
Murder Souls suspects PS4 29.99$
The Evil Within PS4 34.99$

I'm tempted for Sleeping Dogs.

With the move to digital photography and then to people just treating photos as disposable, this seemed inevitable. At some point you're catering to the high end DSLR crowd and how many cameras do these people buy?

Not even, because if you're into high-end DSLRs you're almost certainly going to an actual camera store or buying all your stuff online. Blacks' stock in trade was usually point-and-shoots, entry-level DSLRs and printing photos. All three are hurting these days.

I know it's hard to believe but new people are born every day.

You expect babies to buy games!?

Monster.

PSN Deals
Wolfenstein PS4 29.99$
Thief PS4 29.99$

I was tempted to grab the price error for Rainbow Six that was up for a few seconds. $89.99 for the game and season pass.

It's gone now.

PSN Deals
Wolfenstein PS4 29.99$
Thief PS4 29.99$

Isn't Sleepy Dawgs supposed to be $15.99 or is this the CAD biting us in the ass again?

Also ShippingGAF a miracle happened today. Operation Abyss was delivered to me by Canada Post... At 7AM in the morning today. No late delivery bullshit, no "We said we buzzed you but we didn't actually do it lol take this card come in tomorrow" shit either. A good, early delivery.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Isn't Sleepy Dawgs supposed to be $15.99 or is this the CAD biting us in the ass again?

Also ShippingGAF a miracle happened today. Operation Abyss was delivered to me by Canada Post... At 7AM in the morning today. No late delivery bullshit, no "We said we buzzed you but we didn't actually do it lol take this card come in tomorrow" shit either. A good, early delivery.
Seems like it's PSN now reflecting our dollar.

E4UKz5n.jpg

Ondore

I'm so glad my mailman stopped trying to fit stuff into the cube at my old apartment, and my new apartment has something wide enough to fit a game case.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Not even, because if you're into high-end DSLRs you're almost certainly going to an actual camera store or buying all your stuff online. Blacks' stock in trade was usually point-and-shoots, entry-level DSLRs and printing photos. All three are hurting these days.
Wow, yeah I don't see how they could have stayed in business for so long. I just discovered that Telus owned the company and I don't know what they were thinking when they bought it.

Lexxism

Someone from RFD mentioned that it's going to be 20% off (down from 30% last year) for E3 deals. It will start from June 15 to June 18. I don't see it on their site though.

63.99 for $79.99 games lol I guess I'm done pre-ordering

Someone from RFD mentioned that it's going to be 20% off (down from 30% last year) for E3 deals. It will start from June 15 to June 18. I don't see it on their site though.

Let's see of Amazon tries to out do them.

They have a prime subscription from me if they hit the 30% mark.

UberTag

That's fine. They won't get my money. Or your money. And hopefully nobody else's money.
I have a backlog to play.

Fuck, we live in an era where Dying Light - a game that shipped in January - getting marked down to $59.99 the week before E3 is considered a "deal".

Gritesh

Yeah as of right now, with these prices I won't be pre-ordering everything in sight unlike the last two E3's.

I'll buy one or two games to keep me busy, and I'll play through my backlog, but I won't be buying everything up that's for sure.

Shame really but we should have expected no less.

i-Jest

Lol fuck off Harper

I was thinking this as well but the dollar isn't in the best of shape we've seen.

It's a good thing I have past E3 orders still in effect. Not much I want this year anyway. I don't even think I can preorder Nintendo first party games with a discount like that and think I got a decent deal.

Are we seeing the end of an era?

Top Bottom