• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

curb

Banned
Well, I think that cements it for me. I'm buying less games for now and I'm going all digital since I don't have as much gaming time anyway and I'm too lazy to swap discs. At least Teksavvy has a good sized bandwidth cap.

As an aside.

Fuck Cineplex's app.

It has been sitting on this "please stand by..." screen for five minutes. It tells me not to hit back or close the browser.

:/

Edit: Closing the app and reopening fixed the problem.

Now the ticket will not add to passbook. Ah, modern technology.

i-Jest

DEAL!!!!

Fret not my fellow Canadians! Skullgirls 2nd Encore preorders are up. You can get the game for $24.99 and $19.99 (PS+ members). Also there are two bonuses if you preorder. You get a very charming PS4 theme and qualify for a limited time cross-buy with the Vita version.

PSN page: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/games/skullgirls-2nd-encore/cid=UP2032-CUSA01606_00-SG2NDENCORE00000

Details about the game and deal: http://skullgirls.com/2015/06/skullgirls-2nd-encore-pre-orders-are-live/

firehawk12

Subete no aware
DEAL!!!!

Fret not my fellow Canadians! Skullgirls 2nd Encore preorders are up. You can get the game for $24.99 and $19.99 (PS+ members). Also there are two bonuses if you preorder. You get a very charming PS4 theme and qualify for a limited time cross-buy with the Vita version.

PSN page: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-...2NDENCORE00000

Details about the game and deal: http://skullgirls.com/2015/06/skullg...ders-are-live/
Even though SF4 is completely broken, which means I haven't really had a reason to use my PS3 stick on my PS4, I almost feel obligated to buy the game to pay them back for the driver. Even though I already have three versions of the game. lol

It's not the shitty discount that annoys me, it's the shitty discount coupled with drastically more expensive games. The discount won't even bring me back to the $59 glory days.

Anth0ny

aaaaaaaaaand the death of Canadian gaming deals is confirmed.

Interest in video games in general is at an all time low. Time to get a new hobby.

Like collecting old video games for cheap.

Vibranium

Banned
I'm not pre-ordering anything for E3. I'll wait forever for the dollar to rebound if I have to. And I'll try to trade some stuff in I guess.

probably know this but boxed deals has buy 5x $10 psn cards for for 6.99 each, which totals 34.95. couldnt resist

email codes sent too

http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/playstation-4/playstation-10-canadian-network-card-email-delivery.html

codes have to be redeemed before june 31st though

Wow. They just went back in stock. I posted this a couple of hours ago and they were out.

It's about $43 Canadian with exchange. Not great but not bad if your card doesn't charge you extra for exchanging currencies.

The codes will take about 24 hours to be sent to you.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
The even more insulting thing is it looks like you'll have to pre-order more than two games at once for the deal. Give us a fucking break.

No_Style

I really wonder if this will affect BestBuy's pre-order numbers. Why would the reduce the discount unless they believe they can get away with it.

FrsDvl

s0YD3QI.png

It ain't much, but i guess something is coming.

Dazzler

Purely anecdotal here and a guess plucked from my butt - with that in mind, wouldn't the kind of person who actually preorders be the kind of person who is likely to be on the internet complaining about this right now?

I think it will hugely affect their numbers

SickBoy

#sadtrombone

So I know there was discussion of it earlier, but I'm wondering if there was any consensus reached about E3 deals moving into their own thread. I don't think I get the point of that (IMO E3 deals are Canadian Gaming Deals personified), but just want to know whether to look out for such a thread...

I really wonder if this will affect BestBuy's pre-order numbers. Why would the reduce the discount unless they believe they can get away with it.

Videogames have minuscule markup, and Best Buy ain't doing too good these days. Even at 20% off, they'll probably be selling games at a loss.

That's what made the 30% off deal so incredible in the first place.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Hey guys, what if it's 20% off for normal people and 30% off for RZ members?

This deal sucks. :(

I swore I'd go Best Buy over Amazon for E3 this year, but if Amazon can give me my precious 30% off, I'm in.

Hey guys, what if it's 20% off for normal people and 30% off for RZ members?

This deal sucks. :(

Actually, does anyone know if the flyer mentions anything about needing to be a Gamers Club member to get the deal? Because if they didn't maybe it is something along these lines. 20% for everyone, 30% for Gamers Club.

I can hope!

I swore I'd go Best Buy over Amazon for E3 this year, but if Amazon can give me my precious 30% off, I'm in.

Actually, does anyone know if the flyer mentions anything about needing to be a Gamers Club member to get the deal? Because if they didn't maybe it is something along these lines. 20% for everyone, 30% for Gamers Club.

I can hope!

It does appear to mention Gamers Club, yes. "Club de joueurs" is the magic phrase. So probably no 30% for club members.

dream

I can hope!

No, I have a copy of the English flyer:

whfLWhm.jpg

ohlawd

is that $75 PS4 controller for real? that must be cuz it's a special colour, rght?

I think the new X1 controller standalone comes out on July. gotta get a deeper discount than that if they wanna be rid of stock

I guess I'll be OK not adding to the long list of games I already have pre-ordered since I still have to finish Bloodborne and that will take at least another year to do lol

Top Bottom