• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

ElNino

is that $75 PS4 controller for real? that must be cuz it's a special colour, rght?

I think the new X1 controller standalone comes out on July. gotta get a deeper discount than that if they wanna be rid of stock
I believe $75 is the new price for PS4 controllers now. That's why it was a relatively big deal a couple of months ago when places like NCIX and Walmart were selling them for ~$55.

i-Jest

ADVICE POST

Cross posting from BB 20% off thread:
Approach this with a rational mind, fellow Canadian gamers.

Kijiji is your friend if you can wait one week after game launch.

If you have a back catalogue and can wait, then Shoppers Drug Mart and other big box stores has those crazy deals as we approach October.

If you have a family member and an Xbox, then go digital and split the cost.

So anyone's Optimum points ready for redemption events? Mines not.

Outrun

ADVICE POST

Cross posting from BB 20% off thread:

So anyone's Optimum points ready for redemption events? Mines not.

I am at 110,000 pts, good for around $220. Hoping that the stars will align for some nice deals. Don't forget, the extra 20% for seniors on Tuesdays... Just bring a 65+ to enjoy a nice deal when cashing in those points.

Shoppers...what a bunch of trolls.

They've had a demo box of Pokemon Black 2 for like, a year or two on the racks. Last week, one of the demo boxes disappeared. So today I see the remaining one and I think, "Alright, whatever, I'll bite. I finally have enough Optimum points." I take it to the cashier and she looks inside the clear box where they keep all the portable games. It immediately dawns upon me that it isn't there.

Come on guys! Get rid of your damn demo boxes!

ohlawd

it's free to sign up. they're even doing you a favor. now you can't miss out on the 2x points if you haven't registered before

I believe $75 is the new price for PS4 controllers now. That's why it was a relatively big deal a couple of months ago when places like NCIX and Walmart were selling them for ~$55.

yuck. here's hoping MS keeps their prices the same. I need that new controller. on sale tho. $60 isn't great either but easier to stomach when it does go on sale

Magnus

Don't think it's strictly a Canadian deal, but just noticed in the BattleNet launcher that both Starcraft II and Heart of the Swarm are $9.99 apiece. First time they're that low, right?

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Don't think it's strictly a Canadian deal, but just noticed in the BattleNet launcher that both Starcraft II and Heart of the Swarm are $9.99 apiece. First time they're that low, right?
I bought HotS for that much last Black Friday, retail.

Davide

No, I have a copy of the English flyer:

whfLWhm.jpg
And with new games now being $80 that's still $64 without tax on each.

Last Day 1 purchase I made was the Witcher III on PSN for $62, doubt I'll be getting any more games day 1 in Canada. $90 is too ridiculous.

Futureshop
RIP
had them $9.99 each before. But still, great deal if you don't already have it.

SSReborn

At this point I'm pre-ordering stuff on reaction.

Somehow that $60 SFV at Amazon is looking like a steal right now.

Yeah I seen SFV on Amazon and I pre-ordered it quite some time ago just to lock in the price in case it goes up.

Can't trust the dollar at all.

daevv

Any deals on Battlefield Hardline out there? I missed getting a used one locally for $35.
EB Games has a trade 3 (worth $10 and up) for $70 but its only to preorder the new Batman or Elder Scrolls online. I still have a few sealed Target games that qualify too but don't want either of those two games.

therapist

Jesus fuck i just saw the new assassins creed is 79.99 Digital on Steam?

THE FUCK?!

I just looked at BB and a lot of new games are listed at 79.99

I will never buy a game at 79.99 , with QC tax thats like 95 fuckin dollars for ONE games. LOL.

I havent even bought a single game full price since they upped to 69.99 ugh this is depressing

60$ is a deal now i mean...lol...im out

Edit : 75$ for a ps4 remote...really. thats ridiculous

khaaan

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend is $55 @ Amazon which is only $5 more than the US price at the moment. I took a look through this thread and it seems like it was priced at $60 before.

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend is $55 @ Amazon which is only $5 more than the US price at the moment. I took a look through this thread and it seems like it was priced at $60 before.

Keep an eye on it. Maybe put a preorder down. It's possible it drops during E3 even if it is only coming out in a few weeks.

probably know this but boxed deals has buy 5x $10 psn cards for for 6.99 each, which totals 34.95 (no tax). couldnt resist

email codes sent too

http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/playstation-4/playstation-10-canadian-network-card-email-delivery.html

codes have to be redeemed before june 31st though

As much as I love this deal they do tend to get one or two codes wrong when you finally get them. I got one wrong today. They were good about fixing it last time. I should hopefully here back from them tomorrow with a correction.

UberTag

Anyone paying full price (i.e. $90 including tax before the inevitable season pass) for the next Assassin's Creed after the debacle that was Unity deserves to be mocked and shamed publicly.

Roto13

Anyone paying full price (i.e. $90 including tax before the inevitable season pass) for the next Assassin's Creed after the debacle that was Unity deserves to be mocked and shamed publicly.

Even if it turns out to be one of the ones that works ok out of the gate, Assassin's Creed games drop in price almost immediately. Perils of annualizing a series.

UberTag

Even if it turns out to be one of the ones that works ok out of the gate, Assassin's Creed games drop in price almost immediately. Perils of annualizing a series.
I would be legitimately shocked if it wasn't marked down to $39.99 in time for Boxing Day.

jholmes

THE FUCK?!

I just looked at BB and a lot of new games are listed at 79.99

I will never buy a game at 79.99 , with QC tax thats like 95 fuckin dollars for ONE games. LOL.

I havent even bought a single game full price since they upped to 69.99 ugh this is depressing

60$ is a deal now i mean...lol...im out

Edit : 75$ for a ps4 remote...really. thats ridiculous

I bought ACIV on Wii U something like six months after release for $10 at Target (RIP blessed Target) and even then I felt ripped off because I should've got it at Best Buy or Future Shop a couple weeks after launch for free.

So uhh buyer beware with Assassin's Creed specifically and Ubisoft in general. No need to buy a game Day 1 when it won't work properly for weeks anyway.

Harusame

I have slight concern about shipping from Japan. On April 17th, I placed an order on Amazon from Sukiyaki JAPAN, and purchase Ouendan 2 (after viewing the Ouendan 2 thread around that time) and it promptly shipped at April 21st. There was no tracking number, however, it had a estimated date of arrival stated for March 20th to June 10th. Now seeing how today is June 10th and it is coming to a close, I am a bit concerned. I am still willing to be patient and continue waiting, however it is concerning. I just emailed them about this concern, however, I would to hear yours guys opinions and say on what I should do or if you had any similar experiences.

Just to note, this is first item I ordered coming from Japan.

Ledhead

I think i'm going to scale way back on these day 1 purchases. These prices are getting fucking ridiculous. Wages aren't going up, yet game prices have shot up considerably in the last few years. Just can't justify dropping that much cash on a game unless its something I REALLY want.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
If you guys are not happy about the non-deal we're getting this E3, you should post on their community forums like I did. RFD and GAF threads seem to be full of unhappy replies but Bestbuy's forums, that are more likely to be read by staff, are pretty barren.

Top Bottom