• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Any deals on Battlefield Hardline out there? I missed getting a used one locally for $35.
EB Games has a trade 3 (worth $10 and up) for $70 but its only to preorder the new Batman or Elder Scrolls online. I still have a few sealed Target games that qualify too but don't want either of those two games.

I was just about to list my BF Hardline PS4 for $30. Are you in Toronto? Maybe we can make a deal.

Sealtest

If you guys are not happy about the non-deal we're getting this E3, you should post on their community forums like I did. RFD and GAF threads seem to be full of unhappy replies but Bestbuy's forums, that are more likely to be read by staff, are pretty barren.

That's mostly because the mods there don't like us bad talking best buy. I've had posts edit'd because I called them on something.

RE_Player

I think i'm going to scale way back on these day 1 purchases. These prices are getting fucking ridiculous. Wages aren't going up, yet game prices have shot up considerably in the last few years. Just can't justify dropping that much cash on a game unless its something I REALLY want.
I agree it's changed my buying habits. If I do end up buying a game day one I make sure to find some sort of deal or if I purchase digital get cards from stores at a discount and find a way to avoid tax.

I think I would like game sales to tank in Canada because it may help correct the crazy pricing but even then who knows if it would have any effect. I'm glad I have MGS and Halo from last E3 and will probably only get Fallout and one other this E3.

I understand why they can't/don't offer 30%off again this year but with prices as high as they are that was the only way I would be playing most games Day 1 this year. Just not worth it at 80 bucks a pop.

a916

I think I would like game sales to tank in Canada because it may help correct the crazy pricing but even then who knows if it would have any effect. I'm glad I have MGS and Halo from last E3 and will probably only get Fallout and one other this E3.

I understand why they can't/don't offer 30%off again this year but with prices as high as they are that was the only way I would be playing most games Day 1 this year. Just not worth it at 80 bucks a pop.

Um, the root cause is the American dollar, the Canadian dollar, and the exchange rate between the two. What does a handful of people not pre-ordering games going to do to affect the CAD?

I think i'm going to scale way back on these day 1 purchases. These prices are getting fucking ridiculous. Wages aren't going up, yet game prices have shot up considerably in the last few years. Just can't justify dropping that much cash on a game unless its something I REALLY want.

Because this isn't inflation... why would wages go up?

For those living in winnipeg there's a store on pembina called value lots thats selling new ps4,xbone, and wiiu games for 5-20$. Their selection varies from week to week, recently they have gotten a bunch of ps4 and xbone games. They also have a bunch of older titles as well. Snagged a copy of Wolfenstein For 20$. Also found a new copy of kirby dream collection and calling for wii.

MarkusRJR

For those living in winnipeg there's a store on pembina called value lots thats selling new ps4,xbone, and wiiu games for 5-20$. Their selection varies from week to week, recently they have gotten a bunch of ps4 and xbone games. They also have a bunch of older titles as well. Snagged a copy of Wolfenstein For 20$. Also found a new copy of kirby dream collection and calling for wii.
Oh thank you! If I have a chance I'll check it out tomorrow.

diaspora

$80 can suck my dick.

edit: Hm. Pay $73CAD for Amazon US Battlefront or pay $90.40CAD for Amazon Canada's Battlefront?

edit2: lmfao, that goes for Assassin's Creed Syndicate too. Cheaper to buy on Amazon US.

Returners

$80 can suck my dick.

edit: Hm. Pay $73CAD for Amazon US Battlefront or pay $90.40CAD for Amazon Canada's Battlefront?

edit2: lmfao, that goes for Assassin's Creed Syndicate too. Cheaper to buy on Amazon US.

But how are you getting it? Over the border shipping costs is crazy as it is.

SickBoy

PSN prices have changed before.

"At least for now."

I'm planning to preorder on Amazon like most. Figure if there's a price change or sale for the better between now and then, it'll get adjusted. And if there isn't, it's a pretty reasonable price for a new game (and heck, I can cancel if I have a change of heart)

Hmmm, that's tempting. I only have the original trilogy on DVD and I'd like to have the Blu-rays. Too low for free shipping on its own though...

Put in a preorder of a game and then cancel after the blu-rays ship. It's what I did (thank you mgs5). The whole set for the cost of one movie.

trixx

20% off for rewards club members, ehhh. So like $72 after tax for some of the new xbone/ps4 games and $63 for some of the new wii u game with this deal. Most likely will pass out on the deal and start chipping away on my backlog.

Still have xenoblade and zelda pre-ordered. Looking like the last two gaming purchases I make for a while. $40 for R&C looks phenomenal.

Enilced2

Well I'm holding out for 30% from Amazon but I guess if I have to do 67$ after tax with best buy it's better than nothing. As long as nothing huge is revealed I only have maybe 4 titles I want to preorder anyways

Well I'm holding out for 30% from Amazon but I guess if I have to do 67$ after tax with best buy it's better than nothing. As long as nothing huge is revealed I only have maybe 4 titles I want to preorder anyways

Most of my big titles for 2016 were preordered last year.

I don't have much unless there are big announcements. I may bite on one or two.

At $80 a game, there is no point in buying new games. Imagine paying 80 for battlefront before tax. That's like $10 a map since we know single player is non-existent.

kitzkozan

Yeah, I'm guessing most people already pre-ordered the big titles which have now been delayed to next year. Happy that I went all in last year with 9 games, of which I'm still waiting for MGSV. Although I skipped on games which I'm unsure about (FF XV, KH 3) or suspect an eventual game of the year version such as Arkham knight, Uncharted 4 (or the upcoming Fallout 4).

I'm buying SFV and Blazblue CP extend, even if it's only 20% off since the base price is fair to begin with (54.99 for BB and 59.99 for SFV). Ratchet & Clank please me at 39.99, so these are 3 games which will be pre-ordered. If the discount amount to 30%, I will consider the Uncharted trilogy.

khaaan

I have slight concern about shipping from Japan. On April 17th, I placed an order on Amazon from Sukiyaki JAPAN, and purchase Ouendan 2 (after viewing the Ouendan 2 thread around that time) and it promptly shipped at April 21st. There was no tracking number, however, it had a estimated date of arrival stated for March 20th to June 10th. Now seeing how today is June 10th and it is coming to a close, I am a bit concerned. I am still willing to be patient and continue waiting, however it is concerning. I just emailed them about this concern, however, I would to hear yours guys opinions and say on what I should do or if you had any similar experiences.

Just to note, this is first item I ordered coming from Japan.

Was it via Amazon itself or a third party seller? I don't have experience with ordering off of Amazon.jp but I've seen plenty of people order stuff off of the European branches without any issues outside of maybe import fees.

BadWolf

I'm buying SFV and Blazblue CP extend, even if it's only 20% off since the base price is fair to begin with (54.99 for BB and 59.99 for SFV). Ratchet & Clank please me at 39.99, so these are 3 games which will be pre-ordered. If the discount amount to 30%, I will consider the Uncharted trilogy.

Seems Capcom is being rather nice to Canada?

They priced SFV and DMC4SE the same in both regions ($59.99 and $24.99), with no adjustment for Canada.

I have slight concern about shipping from Japan. On April 17th, I placed an order on Amazon from Sukiyaki JAPAN, and purchase Ouendan 2 (after viewing the Ouendan 2 thread around that time) and it promptly shipped at April 21st. There was no tracking number, however, it had a estimated date of arrival stated for March 20th to June 10th. Now seeing how today is June 10th and it is coming to a close, I am a bit concerned. I am still willing to be patient and continue waiting, however it is concerning. I just emailed them about this concern, however, I would to hear yours guys opinions and say on what I should do or if you had any similar experiences.

Just to note, this is first item I ordered coming from Japan.

For import stuffs you should buy them from amazon itself. I imported XenoX OST (description said:Ships from and sold by Amazon.co.jp), paid ¥1,100 shipping (express with tracking # and it's the only shipping method) and around ¥500 for import fee. Item shipped on May 20, I got it on May 22.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Seems Capcom is being rather nice to Canada?

They priced SFV and DMC4SE the same in both regions ($59.99 and $24.99), with no adjustment for Canada.
Well, it's working. DMC4SE is the first game ever I've preordered on Steam.

BadWolf

Hoping a good PS3 controller deal pops up soon.

Mine has been dying for a while and today the Triangle button crapped out T-T

Luckily I'm into Virtua Fighter 5 at the moment and it needs only three face buttons so I can just remap for now.

Enilced2

Yea same mostly, I just forgot some big titles like MGSV which I was on the fence about. That and Persona 5 since it hadn't been announced for PS4 at that point yet. Unless we see anything huge I shouldn't need to add much to the pile.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Sooo... do you think FS will honor those old Last Guardian PS3 orders? I'd love to get the game for $40 (half price!), but I'm not too hopeful...

SirKhalid

Are there any better deals for Xbox Live than the 45$ at BestBuy starting Friday?
I saw on RFD that you buy it for 38.99$ on Costco.ca. The thread said that you need a membership and no tax. But if I recall correctly, you don't need a membership for online purchase.

Top Bottom