• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

i-Jest

Do you guys think we will see a price drop for the Nintendo Wii U?

I don't think Nintendo can afford it. I know that sales have risen here and there with big game releases. However, I don't think the install base is big enough, and the console profitable enough, to warrant a permanent price drop.

A Wii U price drop would be a verrry temporary sales boost, and one that would end up losing them money.

I am 99% certain that Nintendo has come to terms that the Wii U will never sell much more than it is already, and any games they release going forward is for sheer goodwill to their fan base. If it were any other company, I wouldn't begrudge them to just drop support now.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
My headphones just broke... Any deal on decent but cheap "button" headphones? I don't need super-high quality, as I mainly use them to play portable consoles during commute.

EDIT: I'm not sure if "button" is what I mean... I'm NOT talking about the ones you insert in your ear canals, I hate that...

BadWolf

A Wii U price drop would be a verrry temporary sales boost, and one that would end up losing them money.

I am 99% certain that Nintendo has come to terms that the Wii U will never sell much more than it is already, and any games they release going forward is for sheer goodwill to their fan base. If it were any other company, I wouldn't begrudge them to just drop support now.

Seems they learned their lesson with the Gamecube.

That thing dropped to $99 in no time but still sold like crap.

FrsDvl

I saw on RFD that you buy it for 38.99$ on Costco.ca. The thread said that you need a membership and no tax. But if I recall correctly, you don't need a membership for online purchase.

Its asking for a membership number while checking out unfortunately!

DJ_Lae

DEAL

Not game related but x-men blu-ray box set is on amazon.ca for 22 bucks and change.
http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/ref=pe_324750_140933560_pe_hero/?ASIN=B00QR80XVK

Good deal, although you can get the first four movies for $10.99:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00J09AM1E/

And the 3D combo set of Days of Future Past for $10.49:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KI2FYC4/

So you actually come out ahead in price, plus you get a bonus 3D disc of Days of Future Past and a digital one too (if that's any incentive).

edit - my bad, the non-3D version is actually $9.25 so it's even cheaper if you want.

Also keep in mind the extended version of Days of Future Past comes out next month.

Tapejara

Good deal, although you can get the first four movies for $10.99:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00J09AM1E/

And the 3D combo set of Days of Future Past for $10.49:

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B00KI2FYC4/

So you actually come out ahead in price, plus you get a bonus 3D disc of Days of Future Past and a digital one too (if that's any incentive).

edit - my bad, the non-3D version is actually $9.25 so it's even cheaper if you want.

Also keep in mind the extended version of Days of Future Past comes out next month.

Thanks for the heads up. Guess I'll hold out for the Extended Version.

-----

Deal-ish thing

This probably isn't worth posting with the potential E3 deals coming up, but Amazon has the PS4 and Xbox One versions of The Division for $69.99.

DJ_Lae

There's an extended version?

Apparently, I didn't actually notice until this morning!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00X40K846/

6RwnoFUm.jpg

Apparently adds 10 minutes of Rogue back in. Not sure if that's it.

Apparently, I didn't actually notice until this morning!

http://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B00X40K846/

6RwnoFUm.jpg

Apparently adds 10 minutes of Rogue back in. Not sure if that's it.

Yeah. They cut Rogue out of the movie for the theatrical release, for whatever reason. She's all over the extended version.

And this would be why I stopped buying movies. You can never tell when it's safe to buy one. There's always a better version being released it seems.

Lexxism

Legend of Legacy coming to 3DS this fall on NA for 49.99 CAD. I think I might bite with the 20% off from BB. Hopefully Amazon will have a much better deal than just matching BB E3 deal lol

frequency

When did Amazon.ca get this new design? Am I missing something or does the front page no longer show prices for anything? That's frustratingly stupid.

ohlawd

Legend of Legacy coming to 3DS this fall on NA for 49.99 CAD. I think I might bite with the 20% off from BB. Hopefully Amazon will have a much better deal than just matching BB E3 deal lol

looking forward to the day I read PR and won't see the following phrase, "X will be available for $39.99 / $49.99 CAD"

When did Amazon.ca get this new design? Am I missing something or does the front page no longer show prices for anything? That's frustratingly stupid.

Amazon's front page has always been the DUMBEST thing. I absolutely hate how they cater it to my browsing habits. I once clicked on the link to a watch accidentally, and now I get this obnoxious "top 5 most gifted watches" sidebar, and a whole section dedicated to watches! It's the worst. I would much rather them just show me the things that are on sale or promotion.

And yes, over the past few weeks they've been rolling out a redesign that's minimal in all the wrong ways. There's no information, and it all looks much too cluttered.

ohlawd

Is there really a video game titled "Legend of Legacy?"

yes

there are also other brilliantly titled (no sarcasm, I actually like these names) games such as Infinite Undiscovery, Bravely Default and Beyond the Beyond. And in that Legend of Legacy announcement thread, I legit found my new favorite video game title ever, Divine Divinity. it sounds super badass

SickBoy

Amazon's front page has always been the DUMBEST thing. I absolutely hate how they cater it to my browsing habits. I once clicked on the link to a watch accidentally, and now I get this obnoxious "top 5 most gifted watches" sidebar, and a whole section dedicated to watches! It's the worst. I would much rather them just show me the things that are on sale or promotion.

And yes, over the past few weeks they've been rolling out a redesign that's minimal in all the wrong ways. There's no information, and it all looks much too cluttered.

You can delete specific items from your browsing history, clear it or even just turn it off if you want.

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/history/

Roto13

Apparently my husband just managed to get Best Buy to price match an Xbox Live sale. Got Sunset Overdrive for $30 or whatever.

Don't try this at home.

Oh so it isn't just me. I thought it just broke and now it displays less info

Nope it really is their new redesign. It's so minimalist in the worst fucking way. It's just a bunch of product images and no other information plastered all over my browser window.

Harusame

Was it via Amazon itself or a third party seller? I don't have experience with ordering off of Amazon.jp but I've seen plenty of people order stuff off of the European branches without any issues outside of maybe import fees.

For import stuffs you should buy them from amazon itself. I imported XenoX OST (description said:Ships from and sold by Amazon.co.jp), paid ¥1,100 shipping (express with tracking # and it's the only shipping method) and around ¥500 for import fee. Item shipped on May 20, I got it on May 22.

The order was through Amazon, but the shipment was fulfilled by a third party (Sukiyaki Japan). I got in contacted with the seller, and they gave a full refund. I would like to try to buy Ouendan 2 again, but the listings available are through 3rd party sellers on Amazon, and not fulfilled by Amazon themselves.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Hard to believe the Wii U is gonna hold that $300 price point for the rest of year. Splatoon bundle is $330.

I bought the ZombiU bundle for $330 over 2 years ago which also included Nintendoland and a Pro controller.

MarkusRJR

Hard to believe the Wii U is gonna hold that $300 price point for the rest of year. Splatoon bundle is $330.

I bought the ZombiU bundle for $330 over 2 years ago which also included Nintendoland and a Pro controller.
Yeah I still can't believe they actually rose the price for the Splatoon bundle. The ZombiU bundle included tons of stuff and was a really good value back when it launched (included ZombiU, a Pro controller, and I think Nintendoland also).

the3ye

Just got newsletter from BB. Apparently you need unique codes from Reward Zone to get 20% off
BB said:
Offer valid for Reward Zone Gamers Club members only. A valid offer code must be used at the time of order. Offer cannot be combined with any other promotional offer. No dealers please. Best Buy reserves the right to cancel any orders that are fraudulent or do not comply with the terms of this offer. Excludes Skylanders, Disney Infinity & LEGO Dimensions plus any Collectors Editions of software titles.

Ondore

And it looks like they're not generating codes until Monday at the earliest, unless I put the wrong postal code on my request...

Top Bottom