• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

explodet

This thread will be a clusterfuck in a few days.
It will be GLORIOUS.

I'm wondering if Amazon will have their shit together for this E3 - last year there were prices and discounts all over the place. I ended up getting Destiny for under forty bucks. There was also that Xbone sku with that massive discount that I passed on.

This thread will be a clusterfuck in a few days.
It will be GLORIOUS.

I'm wondering if Amazon will have their shit together for this E3 - last year there were prices and discounts all over the place. I ended up getting Destiny for under forty bucks. There was also that Xbone sku with that massive discount that I passed on.

Hopefully their shit is not together.

FrsDvl

What are the chances BestBuy would price match Costco's online store? I'd like to get in on the cheap(er) XBL that Costco has compared to the 45 at bestbuy.

Magnus

...some of these are already discounted. What's Amazon's angle here???

Discounted? Where?

They all look full price to me....

I've gotta say though, it's nice seeing all the 'budget' titles (the ones that are $39 or $49 US in the States) retain that pricing here in Canada ($39 or $49 CDN) despite the dollar being shit. I actually feel like I'm getting a deal...lol

diaspora

Discounted? Where?

They all look full price to me....

I've gotta say though, it's nice seeing all the 'budget' titles (the ones that are $39 or $49 US in the States) retain that pricing here in Canada ($39 or $49 CDN) despite the dollar being shit. I actually feel like I'm getting a deal...lol

Rainbow Six Siege is 10% off.

tiijj

Prime is a joke in Canada. When you compare the value to what the US gets, it's hilarious that it costs more than $40 per year.

At least it wasn't a slap in the face where the price between Canada Price and US Price are the same.

Also nooooo! the standard edition of sc2 legacy of the void is $80 at BB, I hope that's a filler price. :(

jzbluz

I got my codes after a bit if trial and error; I had to use my member id # instead of my email. I don't think I'll be buying anything but maybe there will be a price error or two that I can take advantage.

I'm hoping that Amazon comes through so I don't have to use that pitiful 20% Best Buy coupon jazz. Also, to all those who think that Prime is "a joke" in Canada, I've easily saved double the amount of Prime's membership in gas alone not having to shop around town for the dozens of purchases that I made last year. Let alone the bundle of cash that I saved on daily and weekly deals. Prime in Canada may not be up to snuff with it's American counterpart but it's still one of the best consumer options out there.

Q

qizah

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know if this is a good price for an entry level camera? It's $99 off right now so I thought I'd ask here if anyone else thinks it's a good deal.

Nikon D3300

$10 cheaper on Amazon so I may be able to price match as well.

I'm a beginner so I'm wondering if ideal for me, considering the price as well.

Thanks!

Roto13

I'm not familiar with this. Would you mind elaborating?

It's super weird. But basically you can recreate every random encounter and drop by just doing the same thing every time. If you fight a boss and use the same commands every time you fight it, it will react the exact same way every time. Stuff that should be random just isn't.

UberTag

I'm not familiar with this. Would you mind elaborating?
Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster on PS4 looks better than ever, but has major problems - Destructoid.com

People even more keen than myself on FFX have noticed the RNG system is completely broken in the PS4 version. Random encounters and events are supposed to be, well, random. However, this is no longer the case in this version. Encounters always occur when they are supposed to, they will always have the same enemies, and the battles will always play out exactly the same way. No matter how many times the game is reset, the occurrence and outcome of encounters or events that involve the RNG system are set in stone.

This has a drastic affect in key aspects of the game. Say you're having trouble on a specific boss, and if you could just land that twenty-second hit it would change the tide of battle for you. Well, the bad news is on the PS4 version you're always going to miss that twenty-second hit as it stands. Additionally, this changes ribbon farming, blitzball, and likely everything else that involves RNG. I couldn't test every aspect of this, but I could easily predict down to the second when my first battle against two Chimera would occur during one of my saves in the Calm Lands. I could have tracked this up to as many subsequent "random" encounters as I wished. I checked the exact same save file on PS3, and encounters were always random. FFX-2 does not appear to have this problem.

Xenoflare

Anyone knows where Nintendo ship 3DS to repair for Canadian stores?

The new XL is really one of the worst device I owned in terms of quality assurance, exchanged 3 times due to problems and the most recent one has a stuck pixel.

There is a Nintendo of Canada in Vancouver, but I don't know if they do repairs there.

Anyone knows where Nintendo ship 3DS to repair for Canadian stores?

The new XL is really one of the worst device I owned in terms of quality assurance, exchanged 3 times due to problems and the most recent one has a stuck pixel.

There is a Nintendo of Canada in Vancouver, but I don't know if they do repairs there.

They ship to Vancouver.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
...even Mario Maker is $75 at Best Buy. Unbelievable.

Top Bottom