• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

those with Prime, is two day shipping legit? any instances where you got stuff earlier or later than that?
Calgary I get it in 2 days. Only one item has even been late due to canada post...so they gave me a free month (Three days). Most of my items used to ship from richmond but then it changed to Ontario as free shipping used to be 3 days for me then turned into around 5.

espher

I read the thread title and look at the past few pages and all the hope being placed on Amazon.ca. I just hope I'm not seeing the same people complaining about their shipping times. Because then I would hate you. A lot.

It's a cost-benefit thing. If the benefit is I save a boatload of money, the cost of waiting a week is tolerable. The wait is not tolerable when I'm paying the same price as I am for any of their competitors, or when I've now been waiting three months for them to ship a HOTAS I MEAN COME ON AMAZON GET IT TOGETHER. Edit: Thanks for the PSTV bundle link. Not sure if I'll use it but I know I can gift it if I don't. Though now I have an extra DualShock 3, ugh.

I have zero faith that their system will be competent at automatically applying this.

Yeah I won't believe it until I see it. Hearing how folk ended spending way too much time on the phone just to not get charged more than MSRP for Captain Toad showed how bad BestBuys perorder structure is.

Curious thought, but for all the shit we give these new prices I wonder if there will actually be some pushback at retail or of people will actually pay 79.99 for new games.

I want to believe...

Renewed

Just got back from Best Buy (Kitchener) and this was 49.99 there too. Also Blood Borne was 39.99 which I hadn't seen listed

Best Buy in St. Catharines is also on these prices, anyone wanting to get a PSTV for 50$ head to the nearest yellow sticker.

Oh that's good. I was about to get pissed if I missed this like I did the $100 Vita, although I still would prefer that. Now I need to see if any store near me has a PSTV...

Looks like I missed the boat on PSTV--Amazon and Best Buy are sold out, no stores near me seem to have them according to the stock indicator. Oh well.

Renewed

Looks like I missed the boat on PSTV--Amazon and Best Buy are sold out, no stores near me seem to have them according to the stock indicator. Oh well.

Try price matching with Walmart? All I can think of at the moment. Going to see if I can't today or after my shift tomorrow. If it's out of stock, then I'm stuck waiting or I'll have to bite on full price.

Xenoflare

Nope just the console, unless they changed something now.

I took it to the HQ at Virtual Way, their repair lab was there. You need RO anyway.

Update.

I called the 1-800 Nintendo service line and I have to say the call was a bit hectic. The poor guy over the phone is suffering from allergies and I can clearly hear the other reps giving instructions on their own phone calls.

Apparently you can do a walk-in repair in Vancouver but cannot do a walk-in pickup when it's finished.

I cannot verify my repair order because the email verification will not recognize my postal code. This is frustrating.

Can I actually submit another repair order on my own without canceling the first?

Made a thread for the E3 deals so we'll easily be able to keep track if games are added http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1062518

Whoops guess I didn't need to work on the thread then. If I send you over what I had done up for the specifics of ordering from BestBuy vs Amazon would you mind putting it in the OP? Wanted to have it written out to refer folk to rather than having to explain it everytime I tell someone over IM.

mdubs

Banned
Whoops guess I didn't need to work on the thread then. If I send you over what I had done up for the specifics of ordering from BestBuy vs Amazon would you mind putting it in the OP? Wanted to have it written out to refer folk to rather than having to explain it everytime I tell someone over IM.

Oops sorry didn't check the OT thread because I figured no one would be making one, yup sure send it over and I'll add it to the OP

Oops sorry didn't check the OT thread because I figured no one would be making one, yup sure send it over and I'll add it to the OP

No problem, OT thread doesn't get used to often for things like this so it's easy to miss. I'll send over the writeup now.

Thanks!

the3ye

Update.

I called the 1-800 Nintendo service line and I have to say the call was a bit hectic. The poor guy over the phone is suffering from allergies and I can clearly hear the other reps giving instructions on their own phone calls.

Apparently you can do a walk-in repair in Vancouver but cannot do a walk-in pickup when it's finished.

I cannot verify my repair order because the email verification will not recognize my postal code. This is frustrating.

Can I actually submit another repair order on my own without canceling the first?

So they won't fix it on-site? They have to send it back to you? Weird.

Sealtest

Will thesource ship an item from one store to another? I'm looking for wii sports club U and I actually had someone email me saying source had it in a different city and that I should go into a local store and ask them to send it to my local store

Quick

Banned
It says June 9 on my order. So, we are pretty much late but then again the E3 started June 11 (I think) last year.

Thanks. I'm just itching on some sales. But god damn, it was a year ago that games were still $59.99.

Yeah E3 is later this year compared to last. Hopefully we hear something from Amazon tomorrow.

And a Playstation Store sale would also be nice, though I haven't really taken advantage of the many PS Store sales this year.

Xenoflare

So they won't fix it on-site? They have to send it back to you? Weird.

Yeah this is weird. I'll have to call the Vancouver office on Monday to make sure of things.

My guess is that my 3ds would be in the back room in queue since they are getting a lot of repairs.

Can you please tell me your experience with it in a bit more detail? Thanks.

farisr

Thanks. I'm just itching on some sales. But god damn, it was a year ago that games were still $59.99.

Maybe an odd one here or there, games were mostly around 69.99 last year, hence why last year's preorder deals ended up coming out to 49.99 from FS.

Games were at 59.99 2 years ago. Still holding onto the MGS V and FF XV preorders at 39.99 from FS.

Quick

Banned
Maybe an odd one here or there, games were mostly around 69.99 last year, hence why last year's preorder deals ended up coming out to 49.99 from FS.

Games were at 59.99 2 years ago. Still holding onto the MGS V and FF XV preorders at 39.99 from FS.

Shiiiiiiiit. Two years now? Time flies.

the3ye

Yeah this is weird. I'll have to call the Vancouver office on Monday to make sure of things.

My guess is that my 3ds would be in the back room in queue since they are getting a lot of repairs.

Can you please tell me your experience with it in a bit more detail? Thanks.
I created RO on website, then contacted them via email about dropping it off at their HQ, they replied "sure no problem". Their office is on the ground floor, with a front desk where I told pretty lady that I have a 3DS to repair. Few minutes later a tech guy showed up, I explained what the problem was, showed dead pixels, etc. He took the console and said he'll be back in 30 minutes. He showed back 20 minutes later and told me they will replace my 3DS but they need to transfer everything from old one to the new one. I think the whole visit was like 50 minutes. In the meantime I was reading Nintendo Power sitting on a comfy couch.

Xenoflare

I created RO on website, then contacted them via email about dropping it off at their HQ, they replied "sure no problem". Their office is on the ground floor, with a front desk where I told pretty lady that I have a 3DS to repair. Few minutes later a tech guy showed up, I explained what the problem was, showed dead pixels, etc. He took the console and said he'll be back in 30 minutes. He showed back 20 minutes later and told me they will replace my 3DS but they need to transfer everything from old one to the new one. I think the whole visit was like 50 minutes. In the meantime I was reading Nintendo Power sitting on a comfy couch.

Wow that's pretty sweet. Hopefully I'm lucky.

My stuck pixel won't show up in well lit environments. Hopefully they'll take my word.

My greatest fear is to find more dead pixels if they replace it.

the3ye

Wow that's pretty sweet. Hopefully I'm lucky.

My stuck pixel won't show up in well lit environments. Hopefully they'll take my word.

My greatest fear is to find more dead pixels if they replace it.

I made a photoshop mockup with stuck pixels on top screen. It was supposed to be
A brief description of the problem you are having with your system.
Tu5stJy.png

and I took it with me.

Xenoflare

I made a photoshop mockup with stuck pixels on top screen. It was supposed to be and I took it with me there.

I'll just use my words haha, mine is on the bottom screen.

it's blue when displaying black or very dark colors. Hard to see if it's displaying bright colors.

I'm actually second guessing myself if a repair is really worth it. Since this particular N3DSXL has a solid hinge and the two screens are uniform in terms of color temperature. Decisions decisions decisions.

I'll dump my history with new 3ds xls.

1st red one: TN panel, solid hinge, top screen is way to yellow compared to the bottom

2nd black one: IPS, really loose hinge. Top screen is literally blue when displaying whites.

3rd black one : TN, solid hinge, uniform color temperature and stuck pixel on bottom screen.

I am almost convinced that no n3dsxls are perfect

the3ye

I'll just use my words haha, mine is on the bottom screen.

it's blue when displaying black or very dark colors. Hard to see if it's displaying bright colors.

I'm actually second guessing myself if a repair is really worth it. Since this particular N3DSXL has a solid hinge and the two screens are uniform in terms of color temperature. Decisions decisions decisions.

I'll dump my history with new 3ds xls.

1st red one: TN panel, solid hinge, top screen is way to yellow compared to the bottom

2nd black one: IPS, really loose hinge. Top screen is literally blue when displaying whites.

3rd black one : TN, solid hinge, uniform color temperature and stuck pixel on bottom screen.

I am almost convinced that no n3dsxls are perfect
Damn... good luck with the 4th try. I'm still waiting patiently for N3DS regular size.

Xenoflare

Damn... good luck with the 4th try. I'm still waiting patiently for N3DS regular size.

I was really bummed out by it at first. I'll see if I can deal with this stuck pixel for the next few days since a repair order is good for a while and I'm not using their shipping labels.

But seriously, my OG red 3ds was perfect in every way. This new XL is really a let down.

In retrospect I should have kept my first red nxl. But bah, what's done is done.

big_z

If the price of the game is reduced closer to release, what does this mean for my order?

You will receive 20% off the new lower price! That is, as long as your order and the games are all eligible for the promotional deal.

those fuckers have said that in previous years and the price never adjusts. futureshop would adjust for me but bestbuy has only done it once. usually they refused even when they charged me more than msrp claiming I already got a deal because it shows 30% off. :|

I was really bummed out by it at first. I'll see if I can deal with this stuck pixel for the next few days since a repair order is good for a while and I'm not using their shipping labels.

But seriously, my OG red 3ds was perfect in every way. This new XL is really a let down.

In retrospect I should have kept my first red nxl. But bah, what's done is done.

ive gone through 18 3dsxl/n3dsxls and only two have been close to ideal. so many have debris under the screen, stuck/dead pixels and/or off calibration that's its ridiculous. its the reason im still rocking the OG xl.... that and the awful pricing.

De_Legend

Banned
those fuckers have said that in previous years and the price never adjusts. futureshop would adjust for me but bestbuy has only done it once. usually they refused even when they charged me more than msrp claiming I already got a deal because it shows 30% off. :|

ive gone through 18 3dsxl/n3dsxls and only two have been close to ideal. so many have debris under the screen, stuck/dead pixels and/or off calibration that's its ridiculous. its the reason im still rocking the OG xl.... that and the awful pricing.

18!? What the flippin fuck??

Top Bottom