• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
ive gone through 18 3dsxl/n3dsxls and only two have been close to ideal. so many have debris under the screen, stuck/dead pixels and/or off calibration that's its ridiculous. its the reason im still rocking the OG xl.... that and the awful pricing.
18? What? WHAT?

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
ive gone through 18 3dsxl/n3dsxls and only two have been close to ideal. so many have debris under the screen, stuck/dead pixels and/or off calibration that's its ridiculous. its the reason im still rocking the OG xl.... that and the awful pricing.

I feel you. I went through multiple DS and multiple 3DS before I got one without defects. I went through 17 PSPs (but thankfully only 2 Vitas) before I found a good one.

Dead pixels, crooked screens, dirt under screens, yellow/reddish tints, ugh it's just too much. I'm also holding onto my regular 3DS XL. Not going through all the exchange/return nonsense again with the N3DS XL.

Xenoflare

I feel you. I went through multiple DS and multiple 3DS before I got one without defects. I went through 17 PSPs (but thankfully only 2 Vitas) before I found a good one.

Dead pixels, crooked screens, dirt under screens, yellow/reddish tints, ugh it's just too much. I'm also holding onto my regular 3DS XL. Not going through all the exchange/return nonsense again with the N3DS XL.

Oh Jesus Christ, what? I really don't know what to do anymore. For the record the New 3DS XL is really the first gaming device I am going through exchange roulette.

I was quite shocked by the screens of the first two nxls. The color difference is quite shocking. White texts are blue on the second one.

Goddamn now I really don't know if I want to send the one I have right now.

My Vitas are great. My Vita slim's screen is perfectly calibrated and no dead pixels.

Big Z how common was dead pixels during your exchange roulette?

http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=amb_link...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=2105475142&pf_rd_i=B00VU4J13W

Save 20% on 2, and 30% on 3 or more pre-order games, including those announced at E3.
This promotion is governed by the below terms and conditions:
You must have two qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must enter the promotion code E3SAVE20 at checkout to receive a 20% discount on two pre-order games.
You must have three or more qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must must enter the promotion code E3SAVE30 at checkout to receive a 30% discount on three or more pre-order games.
Promotions do not stack; you may only qualify for either a 20% discount or a 30% discount
Offer is only valid for orders placed between 12:00:00 AM PST June 14, 2015, and 11:59:59 PM June 18, 2015
Offer only valid on items listed on this page and excludes: All Skylanders, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions; all Collector’s Editions, Limited Editions, Gold Editions, Limited Collector’s Editions; all consoles and accessories.
You may purchase a maximum of 2 units of any one game.

Quick, find a loophole!

Diagol

http://www.amazon.ca/b/ref=amb_link...d_t=201&pf_rd_p=2105475142&pf_rd_i=B00VU4J13W

Save 20% on 2, and 30% on 3 or more pre-order games, including those announced at E3.
This promotion is governed by the below terms and conditions:
You must have two qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must enter the promotion code E3SAVE20 at checkout to receive a 20% discount on two pre-order games.
You must have three or more qualifying pre-order games in your cart and you must must enter the promotion code E3SAVE30 at checkout to receive a 30% discount on three or more pre-order games.
Promotions do not stack; you may only qualify for either a 20% discount or a 30% discount
Offer is only valid for orders placed between 12:00:00 AM PST June 14, 2015, and 11:59:59 PM June 18, 2015
Offer only valid on items listed on this page and excludes: All Skylanders, Disney Infinity, LEGO Dimensions; all Collector’s Editions, Limited Editions, Gold Editions, Limited Collector’s Editions; all consoles and accessories.
You may purchase a maximum of 2 units of any one game.

Awesome! I wonder if this works for Ratchet and Clank, and Tearaway Unfolded. I have them pre-ordered already, but I wonder if they get a further discount (as they're already $39.99 each).

big_z

yup it drives me nuts how poor quality control is. I only tried a few times with the new 3ds before giving up. I just couldn't bring myself to play the lottery again especially with the high price. Ive seen someone go through 30+ trying to get an flawless unit, some were fine but had the tn panel or a loose hinge and even then he ended up settling with a loose hinge if I remember correctly. Many were flawed with dead pixels and tint/calibration issues.

Oh Jesus Christ, what? I really don't know what to do anymore. For the record the New 3DS XL is really the first gaming device I am going through exchange roulette.

I was quite shocked by the screens of the first two nxls. The color difference is quite shocking. White texts are blue on the second one.

Goddamn now I really don't know if I want to send the one I have right now.

My Vitas are great. My Vita slim's screen is perfectly calibrated and no dead pixels.

youll never find one where both screens match, the best you can hope for is a close match.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Thank amazon. I already ordered 3 games just in case. Hopefully they're fast in expanding the list throughout E3.

FrsDvl

Since its not on consoles or accessories, should I assume Rock Band 4 won't count?

Oh, just noticed guitar hero on the list. Hopefully they're adding rock band

big_z

just wait a day or two into E3 when all the games are added then preorder.

the only thing I don't like about amazon is that the shipping is always slow and if you want to return a dud you get fucked. fingers crossed bestbuy wises up and matches this.

I got Fire Emblem, Ratchet & Clank, J-Stars, and One Piece PW3. I don't want the price of the last three to go up, so I ordered just to be safe. I am unsure on J-Stars and One Piece, though.

Hopefully they make every game eligible for this promo. It just started, so we should cut them some slack.

I have 3 eligible games in my cart but am being told "The promotional code you entered is invalid for your purchase". Anyone else getting the same thing?

chrono01

I cancelled my pre-orders for Senran Kagura 2 and Onechanbara Z, since these deals are better. I made two separate orders total, and I'll probably order another three if they add more. There's a few titles I already have pre-ordered from Amazon.ca that I'd love to cancel and re-order to get 30% off, such as Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, but they're not applicable yet. I'll keep checking back to see if the list is expanded.

I love going with Amazon.ca though, since cancellation is so easy. Does anyone know what will happen if you order three games, apply the 30% off deal, and then later cancel one of them pushing the total to 2? I'm guessing the entire thing will be voided and it won't just apply the 20% off deal. That's partially why I'm making separate orders, ones with titles I'm 100% purchasing and others I'm not so sure on.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I cancelled my pre-orders for Senran Kagura 2 and Onechanbara Z, since these deals are better. I made two separate orders total, and I'll probably order another three if they add more. There's a few titles I already have pre-ordered from Amazon.ca that I'd love to cancel and re-order to get 30% off, such as Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX, but they're not applicable yet. I'll keep checking back to see if the list is expanded.

I love going with Amazon.ca though, since cancellation is so easy. Does anyone know what will happen if you order three games, apply the 30% off deal, and then later cancel one of them pushing the total to 2? I'm guessing the entire thing will be voided and it won't just apply the 20% off deal. That's partially why I'm making separate orders, ones with titles I'm 100% purchasing and others I'm not so sure on.
If you're that worried why don't you just make 1 big order that way if you cancel a few games the order won't dip below 3 games?

chrono01

If you're that worried why don't you just make 1 big order that way if you cancel a few games the order won't dip below 3 games?
I could also do that. But I prefer to see the "Grand Total" in separate, smaller orders. That way it doesn't hit me all at once just how much I'm spending on games. >_<

Awesome! I wonder if this works for Ratchet and Clank, and Tearaway Unfolded. I have them pre-ordered already, but I wonder if they get a further discount (as they're already $39.99 each).

Ratchet and Clank, yes. Tearaway, no. I had Ratchet along with Mighty No. 9 pre-ordered separately but since they qualified I combined them together for the discount and cancelled the individual orders.

Xenoflare

yup it drives me nuts how poor quality control is. I only tried a few times with the new 3ds before giving up. I just couldn't bring myself to play the lottery again especially with the high price. Ive seen someone go through 30+ trying to get an flawless unit, some were fine but had the tn panel or a loose hinge and even then he ended up settling with a loose hinge if I remember correctly. Many were flawed with dead pixels and tint/calibration issues.

youll never find one where both screens match, the best you can hope for is a close match.

I want to know how common dead pixels are for the nxl. If it's too common I might just cancel the repair since I'll just live with it.

big_z

do they only charge for the games that ship?
can you go in an manually remove single items from your order list? can you still do this after the first game ships?

I want to know how common dead pixels are for the nxl. If it's too common I might just cancel the repair since I'll just live with it.

if you also include dust under the screen which gives the same illusion as a stuck or dead pixel Its about 25%. if you can still do a return/exchange on the unit you have now I would recommend that instead of a repair.
Nintendo doesn't repair units btw. they send you a refurbished unit.

Reich

Hey guys, I need a new gaming routeur! Any deals? I am going with a 30mo/sec connexion. Need something fast with a long range.

Lexxism

Hey guys, I need a new gaming routeur! Any deals? I am going with a 30mo/sec connexion. Need something fast with a long range.
Is this good for you? TP-Link ARCHERC7 Gigabit Router. You can get it below $100 ($97 after tax for ON residents) if you use their $50 off for orders above $125.
RMN50OFF125JUNE

edit: If you are wondering about their shipping speed, I ordered the router on Friday and I'll get it on Monday.

Zing

Banned
A stuck lit pixel on bottom screen doesn't seem worth the effort to me. 3DS games are mainly played on the top screen anyway. This is the same reason why color temp between the two screens is less significant an issue than with the DS. It is rare that you will be playing a game with content spread across both. An IPS panel will look different than the bottom TN panel regardless.

Kiro

My current list... for now.

Uncharted NDC
Until Dawn
Just Cause 3
Fallout 4
Battlefront
FFXV
R&C
Zelda U
Xenoblade X
Star Fox U
Wooly World
MGSV
Tearaway
Uncharted 4

Luigi87

Lots of games missing, but that 30% is major, and it allowed me to pre-order Arkham Knight and Danganronpa AE, so I'm happy. Also FEif.
Edit: Remembered there's another thread for this.

Top Bottom