• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Joeku

So, first time I'm preordering from Amazon, and the paid shipping options, they don't really do you any better over the free one, do they?

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
They announced the 20th anniversary DS4 for release in September. IT WILL BE MINE
if there is any money left in my budget by then :(

CHlzP6AWcAAeciY.jpg

IceIpor

So, first time I'm preordering from Amazon, and the paid shipping options, they don't really do you any better over the free one, do they?

Depends on where you live. If you live near one of their distribution centers, not really. I tend to get same day or 1-2 day releases even with the free delivery option (in Toronto.).

Stage On

Man I should have gotten in on that Chapters PS4 deal.

Ditto. I was hoping that they'd have a price drop or a better bundle announced at e3.

I'd love it to come with a larger hard drive given how you have to install everything to the system in order to play it. Plus I want a better game packaged with the system since I have absolutely no interest in Last of us.

zroid

Banned
Going to get a PS4 at Shoppers as was always the plan :)

I have about 60000 points now, should be able to get up to 95000 before the end of the year.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
They announced the 20th anniversary DS4 for release in September. IT WILL BE MINE
if there is any money left in my budget by then :(
Normal DS4s are $60 US and $75 CAD which means this one at $65 US will probably mean $80-85 CAD.

Quick

Banned
Normal DS4s are $60 US and $75 CAD which means this one at $65 US will probably mean $80-85 CAD.

On this note, white DS4 is currently priced at $62.99. Debating on getting it since battery fucking sucks and I need to keep charging my one DS4.

But that anniversary DS4 though. I could roll with three DS4s by its release, I guess. lol

Maximus.

... Fuck. God damn it. I'm not even sure if that $179 is a mistake or not. That's what the past year has done to me when it comes to prices. I'm just not certain anymore.

It is $150 USD, so $180 CAD makes sense. Expensive controller, but it is what it is. Sucks PS4 controllers are so expensive here, wanted to get the red one, but now aiming to get the PS1 themed controller. Sucks having to pay $80 for it :/ Stupid sticks crumbling!

ohlawd

... Fuck. God damn it. I'm not even sure if that $179 is a mistake or not. That's what the past year has done to me when it comes to prices.

was up for 90 on Amazon.ca
got taken down
Amazon.com had it for 150
factor in Harper tax and we get it back for 180

some people did get an order in for 90. I'm mad jelly. I had a chance too lol

was up for 90 on Amazon.ca
got taken down
Amazon.com had it for 150
factor in Harper tax and we get it back for 180

some people did get an order in for 90. I'm mad jelly. I had a chance too lol

Aw fuck I would have gotten it for $90 if I had the chance

Shit I missed out then.

Stage On

Going to get a PS4 at Shoppers as was always the plan :)

I have about 60000 points now, should be able to get up to 95000 before the end of the year.

How are you finding a shoppers that actually has one in stock? I'd consider have my mom buy one for me with the seniors discount if any of the stores in my town actually carried one.

zroid

Banned
How are you finding a shoppers that actually has one in stock? I'd consider have my mom buy one for me with the seniors discount if any of the stores in my town actually carried one.

I dunno, I just assume most of them around here have it? Well I'm not 100% sure but I know I've seen WiiUs and Xbones so there's probably PS4s too...

IndustryX

Ugh my list is just way to long now...

Uncharted Collection
MGS V
NHL 16
Madden 16
FIFA 16
Fallout 4
Star Wars Battlefront
Tearaway Unfolded
Black Ops III
Mirrors Edge Catalyst
Mass Effect Andromeda
For Honor
South Park Cracked but Whole
No Man's Sky
Horizon Zero Dawn
Uncharted 4

zroid

Banned
Already pre-ordered Uncharted 4 and Mirror's Edge last year thankfully. For $50 which I was complaining about at the time. :lol :lol

Quick

Banned
Pre-ordered:

Uncharted 4
Uncharted Collection
CODBLOPS3
NHL 16
AC Syndicate
Mass Effect
Battlefront
No Man's Sky
Horizon

kinger

I dunno, I just assume most of them around here have it? Well I'm not 100% sure but I know I've seen WiiUs and Xbones so there's probably PS4s too...

I've seen a couple of Shoppers with PS4s in stock every so often. Sometimes they keep unadvertised games in the back too, so you could possibly try calling some of the stores that carry games?

Madness

As soon as Battlefront gets one of those rolling price changes that keep happening and goes to $64.99 I'm doing the Amazon deals. Will probably do Destiny Taken King, Battlefront, Mass Effect and Gears of War 4.

SickBoy

Do people have any experience with cancelling stuff from Amazon that they picked up around E3? I'll be placing an order from Amazon, but I think I may be a little more apt to order from Best Buy for anything that I'm waffling on if cancellations are a problem at Amazon.

There were a few games last year (Evolve, NHL come to mind) that I preordered and then had a change of heart about, pre-release... don't want to get stuck with titles I wind up not wanting.

Ryne

Cancellations are much easier on Amazon than on BestBuy, especially when it comes to deals like the E3 ones.

For E3 and BestBuy, you would have to call in to cancel specific games if you want to keep the deal active. For Amazon, it's about 3 clicks to cancel and no human contact is needed.

curb

Banned
I was just perusing Amazon's E3 preorder section - No Man's Sky is a full priced physical game? I did not know that.

Doubtful. We'd see something by now.

PSN does have flash sales every month now, and we haven't had June's yet I think? Could still happen.

Do you guys think FFVIIR will pop up on Amazon for the preorder thing or no?

Waiting for it to finalize my order.

Most people seem to think the game is still in pre-production, plus Nomura is director and he has Kingdom Hearts III to finish, so it might not even be out until 2018. Highly unlikely Amazon's going to put up a pre-order for a game that's possibly four years out.

BadWolf

Most people seem to think the game is still in pre-production, plus Nomura is director and he has Kingdom Hearts III to finish, so it might not even be out until 2018. Highly unlikely Amazon's going to put up a pre-order for a game that's possibly four years out.

I can see them hitting the 20th anniversary mark in 2017 tbh.

But yeah, can always pre-order it at next year's E3 I guess but Best Buy did put it up for pre-order.

Top Bottom