• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Ahhh Amazon still doesn't have Persona 5 and Star Ocean.
Might just have to split the order up and atleast get SO5 on Bestbuy.

What an expensive month.... Half a G into Bloodstained and another half in E3 preorders...

bcn1138

Neo Member
I wish there was a mario maker event in my city... my boy would have gone nuts for the lanyard and pins. There seem to be plenty up on ebay though for $25+

Kalren

If anyone is looking for Dualshock 4, you can get two for $102 (ON tax) at shop.ca. Just use the promo code: RMN50OFF125JUNE

DS4 Blue
DS4 Camo

Example:
ON: 134.99 x 1.13 - $50 = $102.53. Basically $51 each after tax.

I tried this and received an error.
Code:
Error:The promo code entered cannot be applied to your cart right now because your cart has an item (PS4 Dualshock 4 Camo) not applicable to this promo code.
 Please remove the item and try again.
Has anyone else tried this promo code?

This is a double post from the other Canada E3 deals thread... Hoping to get a response from this thread possibly...

Does anyone from Edmonton have any experience with Amazon Prime? Do you get your orders 1-2 days after release? Any times that its delivered on release?

This is a double post from the other Canada E3 deals thread... Hoping to get a response from this thread possibly...

Does anyone from Edmonton have any experience with Amazon Prime? Do you get your orders 1-2 days after release? Any times that its delivered on release?

Amazon Prime offers 2 days shipping for free.

Most (not all) game have 'Release Day' delivery once you select 2 days delivery option.

"Want to receive this the day it comes out?
Select Two-Day Shipping shipping at checkout."

If they don't have the Release Day delivery, I usually receive them only 1 day later, and 90% of them have had Release Day delivery.

Lexxism

I tried this and received an error.
Code:
Error:The promo code entered cannot be applied to your cart right now because your cart has an item (PS4 Dualshock 4 Camo) not applicable to this promo code.
 Please remove the item and try again.
Has anyone else tried this promo code?
How about just order 2 Dualshock 4 Blue? I think that might work.

trebbble

Not sure if it's a sale under the radar, or a pricing error, but it looks like the Redline and Apex expansion packs for Driveclub are free on the PS store right now. Get it while it's hot.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/search/f=^driveclub|bucket~games

Also the game itself is $27 on Canadian PSN which isn't bad.

Thanks for the heads up! Just grabbed them, and it worked fine for me, no charge :)

LGom09

I emailed Future Shop/Best Buy to see if I could get my Last Guardian preorder switched to the PS4 version at the same price ($45), but they declined. After 3 years, it looks like that order is finally dead :(

Sealtest

I emailed Future Shop/Best Buy to see if I could get my Last Guardian preorder switched to the PS4 version at the same price ($45), but they declined. After 3 years, it looks like that order is finally dead :(

call and speak to a super, They will most likely do it for you.

cookie15

Neo Member
Still waiting for these:

Fatal Frame 5 Wii U
Persona 5 PS4
Digimon Cyber Sleuth Vita

And these to show up on Amazon:
SMT X FE Wii U
Superbeat: Xonic Vita

No_Style

As we wind down, I'd just like to thank Lexxus, Chrominance, mdubs and all the regulars who helped sort through this pre-ordering nonsense. It helped me & GameDealsCanada and I'm sure many others who had
repeated
questions and inquiries.

Thanks everyone!

Dazzler

If anyone's picking up an Xbone make sure and grab Massive Chalice off Games with Gold. It's been my favourite free GwG game so far

khaaan

Other M worth grabbing sealed for $9 from a bargain bin?

Hah, that's quite the divisive game and there are plenty of people who will cry out that they wouldn't take the game if they were paid to. I enjoyed my time with the game though, flaws and all.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.

Just play it and mute any cutscenes that come up. Make up your own story. It'll be better that way. The gameplay itself is not what I wanted, but it wasn't horrible. It's the butchering of Samus as a character (and I'm not talking about the 1'2" they took off her height even) that's the real tragedy. There are literally dozens of threads in GAF's history on the game, including a 'stand and be counted' thread, if you're looking for more indepth opinions.

jholmes

If you're looking for a bit of action and aren't going to bitch non-stop about Samus having an emotion, yeah go grab it.

That said there are serious issues. Maybe queue up a walkthrough for the pixel hunts in advance. Those are inexcusably poorly implemented.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you're looking for a bit of action and aren't going to bitch non-stop about Samus having an emotion, yeah go grab it.

That said there are serious issues. Maybe queue up a walkthrough for the pixel hunts in advance. Those are inexcusably poorly implemented.

Wait. Did Adam authorize the use of emotion?
( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Zeeman

I was intrigued by the TRU deal (Buy one Mario or Pokemon 3DS game, get the other 1/2 off), but the only Mario game I can find in stock on their website is Puzzle & Dragons. I would have bought that and Dream Team, but there's no stores around me with stock, so whatever.

I was intrigued by the TRU deal (Buy one Mario or Pokemon 3DS game, get the other 1/2 off), but the only Mario game I can find in stock on their website is Puzzle & Dragons. I would have bought that and Dream Team, but there's no stores around me with stock, so whatever.

Use the CINEPLEXFEB code on their website for $10 off $50 (works for in store pick up too).

For example, Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: $45 + $22.5 - $10 = $57.5, or $28.75 each (plus tax).

EDIT: Just tried the above on their site, it changed the second game to $25 instead of $22.5 so the total is $60 instead. Odd.

Sealtest

I got an email last night telling me mine was upgraded to release date delivery at no extra charge and for the last 2 weeks they've been unable to confirm a date .

sikkinixx

Their estimates are never on point.

They sometimes do ship late though. That's the downside with Amazon unless you have Prime.

I have prime and they are saying June 29th at the earliest.

Edit: sorry June 30th. Brutal really. Oh well. Im leaving for vacation so I'll have to play when I get back.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Their estimates are never on point.

They sometimes do ship late though. That's the downside with Amazon unless you have Prime.
Everyone was warned about shipping from Amazon for non-Prime accounts but we'll still be flooded with complaints in this thread. :(

Top Bottom