• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Posted in the other thread but it should be posted here also.

oPyCDAJ.png

Reveirg

Everyone was warned about shipping from Amazon for non-Prime accounts but we'll still be flooded with complaints in this thread. :(

Does Prime really make a difference?

It's really annoying because I know the cheapest shipping option they can use will still get the item to my house in 24 hours.

They just withhold shipping the item for some days after release sometime, for no apparent reason at all.

Anth0ny

Everyone was warned about shipping from Amazon for non-Prime accounts but we'll still be flooded with complaints in this thread. :(

Yeah luckily I'm not super hyped about any of the games I pre-ordered this week so I'm okay with waiting for Amazon's shitty, slow delivery.

I mean, I waited this long for The Last Guardian...

Stage On

The reason is to encourage people to sign up for Prime.

Their free shipping was so good they had to artifically gimp it when they introduced Prime because otherwise nobody would bother paying for Prime otherwise.

Prime is a scam. A super exenspive one at that. $80 a year and for what? The same level of service I used to get for free? Maybe if it had more features like the Us prime they could have justified it a bit more but it's bare bones in comparison.

marcellok

Their free shipping was so good they had to artifically gimp it when they introduced Prime because otherwise nobody would bother paying for Prime otherwise.

Prime is a scam. A super exenspive one at that. $80 a year and for what? The same level of service I used to get for free? Maybe if it had more features like the Us prime they could have justified it a bit more but it's bare bones in comparison.

Yeah, it`s ridiculous that we don`t get any of the extra features here. There are actually pretty good now, with both the Video and Kindle stuff. I only have it cause as a student I get it for $30 a year.

Isocr4cy

Does anyone know if Best Buy emails out codes when buying Xbox Live gift cards, or do they ship them? I have a Best Buy gift card and want to pick up the Storm Island DLC that's on sale but am wondering if I should just go and pick one up in person.

Stage On

Does anyone know if Best Buy emails out codes when buying Xbox Live gift cards, or do they ship them? I have a Best Buy gift card and want to pick up the Storm Island DLC that's on sale but am wondering if I should just go and pick one up in person.

They ship them so you'd have to pick it up in person if you need it fast.

Madness

Yeah, it`s ridiculous that we don`t get any of the extra features here. There are actually pretty good now, with both the Video and Kindle stuff. I only have it cause as a student I get it for $30 a year.

In the states, to entice more users for Prime, they've started to limit a ton of great deals for only prime users. So what would've been good sales for all people is now prime reserved.

I didn't sign up for Canadian prime. I don't use amazon much here, and I'm willing to wait upwards of a week for delivery. It's why because I want to play halo 5 on launch I didn't order on amazon. It's crazy how subpar the shipping/transport infrastructure is in this country.

MarkusRJR

Found some actual decent sales at the Source. Got Tearaway for $20 (nothing too special, but I missed the $15 BB clearout), The Last of Us (PS3) for $16, and Hitman HD for $16.

They also have Little Big Planet Karting for like $11.

Posted in the other thread but it should be posted here also.

oPyCDAJ.png
If they add Persona 5, Fatal Frame, or Bravely Second I'm down.

Sealtest

amazon just updated batman arkham knight page with release day available on PS4, prolly a good time to switch your speed in the hopes yours isn't delayed.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Anyone manage to get the new Xbox One controllers with 3.5mm jack? I sold my only controller because Amazon said it would release on June 16, then they delayed to July 7. Xbox.com/en-ca says June 9 release... ughh

amazon just updated batman arkham knight page with release day available on PS4, prolly a good time to switch your speed in the hopes yours isn't delayed.

Yeah, the .ca page straight up says "Want it on release day? Use 1-day shipping!" Of course, not that I've seen a way to change shipping speed on individual items within an order...

SickBoy

I seriously thought about it because they offer that photo backup service -- and then Google unleashed Google Photo... so now, I guess not.

If they offered instant video and jacked up the price by $20, I'd get Prime. But I don't think it's going to come anytime soon... they signed content deals with one of the other streaming services here... so I think it's gonna be a while.

Not sure if anyone still cares, but that box set of Zelda strategy guides is down to $75 in store at Chapters/Indigo. I've been waiting for this to get cheaper for a while now, it went down to $100 a while ago but that was still kind of a lot. Was originally $200.

Stage On

I seriously thought about it because they offer that photo backup service -- and then Google unleashed Google Photo... so now, I guess not.

If they offered instant video and jacked up the price by $20, I'd get Prime. But I don't think it's going to come anytime soon... they signed content deals with one of the other streaming services here... so I think it's gonna be a while.

Wait you want them to make Prime even MORE expensive? Are you mad man?

SickBoy

Wait you want them to make Prime even MORE expensive? Are you mad man?

No, I don't want it to be more expensive, but if they actually offered some of the value that U.S. customers receive, I would buy it even if it cost more.

In the States it's $100 US and that does include more than Prime Video, photo storage and fast shipping (most notably Prime Music -- I have no idea if it's any good). But the video piece alone is a pretty worthwhile value to me.

(EDIT: I guess what I'm saying is right now, $80 is a bit rich for my blood. But $100 with video included would be something I'd be willing to pay.)

I mean, it's no Future Shop BF4/Ghosts/AC4 trade-in promo, but on the other hand Future Shop is out of business, so maybe this isn't so bad. That said, I'm not sure I need to get rid of my used games THAT badly.

EDIT: Wait, can you put the credit from five games towards a single pre-order? That would improve things significantly. I'm sure lots of people have five clunkers floating around.

Oh mine says June 30 - July 1st, and I have Prime, so who knows...

Mine says June 30th - July 15th.

I've never had issues with Amazon shipping like others have. Even if I pick free shipping I get it the day the game releases.

But, I've always gotten a delivery estimate the same as release date. Never had this happen before.

Top Bottom