• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Walpurgis

Banned
traded away all my crap games waaay back for Forza Horizon 2 from the MS store

what was it? AssCreed 3, Playstation All Stars, Gran Turismo 5, Demon's Souls, forgot the 5th game

image.png

Sucks that the games I want won't ship to Québec :(

There's actually away to by pass that. Haven't placed any orders this year or in awhile, so I kinda forgot how.

As far as I remember, you basically place the order with your credit card and in the final page you hit edit credit card or something and without making any changes to your payment you hit the confirm order icon.

Hopefully someone can explain it better or in detailed.

Quick

Banned
My PS+ subscription is almost up.

Are there any deals for a one-year membership anywhere? I don't think I've ever really seen much of a discount on them, but I thought I'd ask anyway. If not this, I could just buy it off the PS Store and another $50 item to get $15 back.

iLLmAtlc

Are there any deals for a one-year membership anywhere? I don't think I've ever really seen much of a discount on them, but I thought I'd ask anyway. If not this, I could just buy it off the PS Store and another $50 item to get $15 back.

Saw at rfd that superstore has it for 42 but ymmv

c-murph

Yeah used to be $10 minimum.

Shoppers has $60 DS4's starting tomorrow. 18,500 points on $75 purchase on Sunday.

I don't know if there 75$ worth of stuff I need at Shoppers. I'm sitting at like 86,000 points. Would like to eventually get it to 95,000 for the big 170$ payout.

Returners

if you can find something else (or buy 2) you can use the spend 100 get 15 back on the PSN store.

Renewed

Not gonna go all the way out to Dundas for a lanyard. Don't wanna spend the energy.

Thinking of biting on the refurb 160GB PS3 at EB Games, only to use it to play a few games and imports. Or could I do better?

Roto13

Well I played it and it doesn't look like a console game to me.
Maybe Mario nostalgia doesn't work on me.

So do you not know what mobile games are like, then? Because there's definitely some kind of weird misunderstanding on your part if you think Mario Maker is like a mobile game.

Fularu

Banned
There's actually away to by pass that. Haven't placed any orders this year or in awhile, so I kinda forgot how.

As far as I remember, you basically place the order with your credit card and in the final page you hit edit credit card or something and without making any changes to your payment you hit the confirm order icon.

Hopefully someone can explain it better or in detailed.
When I tried, it would say that they can't ship the game.

I'll try again, you never know

Fularu

Banned
When I tried, it would say that they can't ship the game.

I'll try again, you never know

Nope not working, once it starts processing the order, I'm back on the order page with "unable to ship to Québec".

This sucks hardcore :( I have, for now, no other ways of getting Trails in the Cold for Vita and PS3

the3ye

needs more microtransactions to be a proper console game ;)

It has amiibo wall. At least what the rep said. No amiibo, no custom characters (like wii fit trainer)
Edit. Looks like he was wrong. You can unlock them playing user created levels. Nevermind.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
SDM 20x points ends up beating everything with few exception. Which SDM carry what varies though and if you're in a city like Toronto, you'll have better luck find one with a good game selection.

An alternative (even though they've raised the prices a bit) are refurbed Wii Us via Nintendo's online store.
I've always being intrigued on how do the Optimum points work. AFAIK people just rack up points during the year and on bonus redemption days they get very discounts, right? Tomorrow there's a deal for 18,500 bonus points for $75+ purchases, would it be a good time to buy a Wii U or should I wait for a better deal?

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
I see difference between traditional Mario game and this gimmicky Level Creator. Sorry for having opinion

Opinions are fine, you insinuated anyone who is looking forward to the game is only blinded by nostalgia. If that wasn't your intent then it's all good, I personally can't wait because of all the potential it has. It's even introducing new elements and powerups to the Mario formula, so it's more than just a simple level creator imo.

the3ye

Opinions are fine, you insinuated anyone who is looking forward to the game is only blinded by nostalgia. If that wasn't your intent then it's all good, I personally can't wait because of all the potential it has. It's even introducing new elements and powerups to the Mario formula, so it's more than just a simple level creator imo.
It wasn't.
That was just my opinion and my impression, I'll shut up now.
if people like it, that's fine. I don't mind. At least someone will buy it.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I've always being intrigued on how do the Optimum points work. AFAIK people just rack up points during the year and on bonus redemption days they get very discounts, right? Tomorrow there's a deal for 18,500 bonus points for $75+ purchases, would it be a good time to buy a Wii U or should I wait for a better deal?

Ideally you'd want to wait for a 20x points day, because something like Wii U for 299.99 will give you 60,000 (10p per dollar x 20) points by itself; Far more than 18,500 you'd be limited to with the other deal.

And then, yep, you've got you; to maximize your points you'll want to wait and redeem on a bonus redemption day. Normally 95000 points would net you $170 worth of goods, but a bonus day will push it to $200, or above. The other redemption tier is 50000 points for $85 on normal days, upwards of $100 on bonus days.

The lanyard is really nice. I thought about going back but they'd likely recognize me haha.

The level I played wasn't great but I can definitely see the potential. So many options.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
The lanyard is really nice. I thought about going back but they'd likely recognize me haha.

The level I played wasn't great but I can definitely see the potential. So many options.
The people at my BB recognized a guy who was there on Wednesday. :lol

Banned
Hey guys, quick question. I've ordered from Amazon in the past and I know they don't charge your credit card until they ship. But with this E3 deal they had, with each game being released at different times, will they charge my credit card at the promo price (30% off) or will they charge me the entire order price with the discount applied (which is like $400) when the first game of the giant order is shipped?

Lexxism

Hey guys, quick question. I've ordered from Amazon in the past and I know they don't charge your credit card until they ship. But with this E3 deal they had, with each game being released at different times, will they charge my credit card at the promo price (30% off) or will they charge me the entire order price with the discount applied (which is like $400) when the first game of the giant order is shipped?
They only charge what they ship at that time. So if it's one game then the price of the game and then the 30% off.

the3ye

One by one, with discount.

Madness

Wasn't there a previous deal where it was minimum $10?

I traded in a bunch of my shit games, and bought like $2 games from a local game store and just traded those in. Got KI and the charging kit for my XBOne back then. Don't think I'll capitalize on this one.

I capitalized on it. Had some junk games like fifa 06, John woo stranglehold, fight night Round 3, NBA 2k8 etc. Ended up getting $25 off Gears Ultimate which brought price down to $24.99 plus I'll get a $10 gift card when I pick up when game launches.

kennah

I capitalized on it. Had some junk games like fifa 06, John woo stranglehold, fight night Round 3, NBA 2k8 etc. Ended up getting $25 off Gears Ultimate which brought price down to $24.99 plus I'll get a $10 gift card when I pick up when game launches.

Wish there was a MS store in town, I'd capitolize on this for sure.

Did my part and traded in 6 games to seemingly payoff Rare Replay, due to 1; price-matching with Best Buy, and 2; there was a mix up where the thing was processed before things were clear about which 5 of those 6 I wanted to get the $5 each for, so after a bit of back and forth, they let me give all 6 for $5 each totaling $30.

And I don't even have an XBO yet, it'll likely be soon if the right deals come together (was hoping this promo would allow me to trade in a shit ton towards an XBO instead).

What's funny though, is that they wouldn't let me pay off Rare Replay right away, they put $10 towards it, and gave me the other $20 in gift cards to use when it releases, and will give me that $10 bonus card upon pick-up.

I am so close to buying an XBO just for Rare Replay. Been hankering for Blast Corps for years.

The game is pretty much single-handily becoming the system seller for me, especially as I have Gold games and Forza Horizon 2 that I bought for cheap as I mentioned before.

No one noticed my post mentioning FH2 before, wow...

Madness

Wish there was a MS store in town, I'd capitolize on this for sure.

Yeah I'm lucky that it's not too far, the drive is a bit killer due to shitty roads with left turners who clog up traffic and the fact the mall is massive and always packed. But last year I got my white Sunset Xbox one for dirt cheap due to MS Store sales. $50 price drop, $100 Xbox 360 elite trade in, etc.

Did my part and traded in 6 games to seemingly payoff Rare Replay, due to 1; price-matching with Best Buy, and 2; there was a mix up where the thing was processed before things were clear about which 5 of those 6 I wanted to get the $5 each for, so after a bit of back and forth, they let me give all 6 for $5 each totaling $30.

And I don't even have an XBO yet, it'll likely be soon if the right deals come together (was hoping this promo would allow me to trade in a shit ton towards an XBO instead).

What's funny though, is that they wouldn't let me pay off Rare Replay right away, they put $10 towards it, and gave me the other $20 in gift cards to use when it releases, and will give me that $10 bonus card upon pick-up.

Same. Could only do $10 and then $15 in gift cards. They thought I was trying to scam them though by saying it's $49.99, they were like no way is a Gears game that cheap, I'm like it's a remaster of a 9 year old game etc. It wasn't even in their system beyond a listing yet, I had to show them their online site. The US had it for $39.99, Canada is $49.99

I would've done rare replay but honestly I figured I played the hell out of those games so much on SNES, N64, and then I even had the Banjo and Perfect Dark games on XBL. Figured I wouldn't want to run through again yet. Maybe I'll pick it up later. It's solid collection though.

Tik-Tok

For some reason when I look at my order on Amazon for the E3 promo everything is full price but when I placed the order it definitely showed the discount. Is it like that for every one?

Top Bottom