• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Lexxism

For some reason when I look at my order on Amazon for the E3 promo everything is full price but when I placed the order it definitely showed the discount. Is it like that for every one?
That's normal. Also, they have the pre-order price guarantee. This isn't like the Bestbuy when they already applied the 30% discount on the MSRP. There will be drops along the way. You will only see the 30% being applied when they ship the specific game.

does anyone the reason why for some psn games we get charged american prices : USF4/ DMC4 PS4/ GOW 3 PS4 but pay the "canadian "prices for games like Bloodbourne and Witcher 3? is it because its just remasters we only pay the original price?

Returners

does anyone the reason why for some psn games we get charged american prices : USF4/ DMC4 PS4/ GOW 3 PS4 but pay the "canadian "prices for games like Bloodbourne and Witcher 3? is it because its just remasters we only pay the original price?

Maybe they can eat the costs of exchange rate when it's lower in price but when it goes up to 59.99 they can't ignore it?

m23

Is the Xbox bundle with MCC and a free game available in Canada? And if so, participating retailers? Thanks in advance. Trying to help a friend out.

Madness

Is the Xbox bundle with MCC and a free game available in Canada? And if so, participating retailers? Thanks in advance. Trying to help a friend out.

Says select retailers in US on major Nelson site. Don't know if it will happen here. Maybe you could find a YMMV situation where you show the promo from Microsoft, but I'd doubt it.

Lexxism

Says select retailers in US on major Nelson site. Don't know if it will happen here. Maybe you could find a YMMV situation where you show the promo from Microsoft, but I'd doubt it.
It's not YMMV. We definitely have the deal here. It's 349.99 CAD http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/xbox-one-halo-the-master-chief-collection-bundle/6000191828640

Usually it's up to each individual publisher to tell the distributor to change the prices

m23

I think Wal-Mart has it.

Edit: I think they only had three games to choose from though.

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/xbox-one-halo-the-master-chief-collection-bundle/6000191828640

just Walmart right now

nvm yeah its selected in canada, bah

Thanks for the quick replies everyone, appreciate it. Unfortunately he only has credit with EB Games, so he might not be able to take advantage of the deal if it's WalMart only.

DVG

For the walmart deal with the free game does anybody know if we can get it at the store instead of ordering online? And if so than would I be able to pick it up today and then batman on tuesday?

Quick

Banned
Thanks for the quick replies everyone, appreciate it. Unfortunately he only has credit with EB Games, so he might not be able to take advantage of the deal if it's WalMart only.

He can use the credit to buy a Visa/Master Card gift card to use at Wal Mart.

23qwerty

Damn that xbone deal is hot, too bad there isn't really much to play on it yet if you've got a PS4 and a PC

Mighta jumped on it anyway if I hadnt just bought a DSLR

Luigi87

My Arkham Knight pre-order that I just put in Amazon last week, with Free Supersaver Shipping is preparing for shipment. Last week I got that July email as well.

So that should be hopeful for people who were wondering about ship estimates.

My Arkham Knight pre-order that I just put in Amazon last week, with Free Supersaver Shipping is preparing for shipment. Last week I got that July email as well.

So that should be hopeful for people who were wondering about ship estimates.

I didn't even get that email. I just got "it shipped!" for my Amazon Prime order. Estimate is tomorrow.

EDIT: All in price was $55.53. Though to be fair given I bought prime, spread across 20+ games, let's add $4

curb

Banned
Still no movement on my Batman from Best Buy. They really overestimate Canada Post's ability to get a package from Mississauga to London in 24 hours. I figure I've got a 50/50 chance of it showing up tomorrow which is fine since I won't have time for it until Wednesday night.

N° 2048

Preparing for shipment + charged but still July estimate.

Seems with E3 deal I got Arkham Knight (+Express shipping charge) for $59.09 all in. I'm happy with that.

Palehorse

Looks like this year was still a decent deal over last year, given the price hike in games. I preordered AK last E3 and was just charged $52 and change after tax. This year's E3 deal is $55? Not bad.

Shipping soon + Arrival date is tomorrow.

suikodan

Anyone has Amazon Prime here?

I'm wondering if I should get it with all the games that I pre-ordered. Is the shipping fast? Do you receive the game "on" release or at least the day after?

Thanks for your impressions.

Anyone has Amazon Prime here?

I'm wondering if I should get it with all the games that I pre-ordered. Is the shipping fast? Do you receive the game "on" release or at least the day after?

Thanks for your impressions.

I often receive game on release day or 1-3 days before release day.

I often receive game on release day or 1-3 days before release day.

Yeah. my sample size is pretty small right now but it would seem that Prime was worth it for the E3 orders plus other misc stuff. Batman is on-time and my other two misc orders came in 1 and 2 days, respectively. Projecting out how often you want to buy from Amazon can be tough but I must admit I'm much more likely to buy things from it now (for better or worse, heh)

Gogo_ZvC

I just got a 32GB Vita memory card for $40 by price-matching at Best Buy!

Here's how:

The Walmart in Kapuskasing in Northern Ontario has it on clearence for $40. To check go here:

http://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/32-gb-playstationvita-memory-card-ps-vita/6000031111092

Enter the postal code P5N 2X7 and it will show up underneath for $40.

Here's pic for proof:

jh6loca.jpg

Simply take that page on your phone to Best Buy and you should be able to price-match no problem :)

Signed up for the Amazon prime trial with my giant e3 order and the first game is Arkham. Canada Post has estimated delivery of 29th Amazon July 1st. Why the hell would I not cancel my trial? Seems like a shitty way to start things out.

And yes I've heard all the horror stories about Amazon shipping but I thought Prime was a get out of jail card on that.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I chose wisely and went to Best Buy.
I always spend my $20 RZ certificates on PSN cards. It's the only reason I have the threshold set so high.

Signed up for the Amazon prime trial with my giant e3 order and the first game is Arkham. Canada Post has estimated delivery of 29th Amazon July 1st. Why the hell would I not cancel my trial? Seems like a shitty way to start things out.

And yes I've heard all the horror stories about Amazon shipping but I thought Prime was a get out of jail card on that.

Amazon estimates tend to be wildly inaccurate.

ask customer service

But Canada Posts are fairly accurate. In my experience at least. I'm in BC and it's shipping from Ontario. It's not getting here tomorrow that's for certain and Friday seems like a 50/50 shot.

It's not the end of the world I can wait a week for a game just not willing to pay 80 bucks a year for late shipments.

farisr

q37wbXm.png

No movement on the FS site. I called Best Buy and they told me the game was gonna ship tomorrow, so not getting it on release.

I think all my FS preorders after FS shutdown have been shipping on release day instead of a day earlier like they used to, so now I don't expect them to arrive day 1 at all.

GreyWind

I think all my FS preorders after FS shutdown have been shipping on release day instead of a day earlier like they used to, so now I don't expect them to arrive day 1 at all.

I pre ordered 3 games MCC, Batman and The Division. Halo: MCC arrived before release date, it was kinda weird. Hopefully i won't have to wait a week to get the game. :(

Apathy

Well some of you have gotten your emails from Amazon that they are getting ready to ship Batman right? I still have not and it's pissing me off that I go out of my way to pay extra to get faster shipping and I will have to wait (in Toronto no less). This thing better not come a week late as they want to claim.

De_Legend

Banned
Well some of you have gotten your emails from Amazon that they are getting ready to ship Batman right? I still have not and it's pissing me off that I go out of my way to pay extra to get faster shipping and I will have to wait (in Toronto no less). This thing better not come a week late as they want to claim.

Just got it in the mail..

explodet

My CC got charged for Bamham Nights ($38.18+tax, thanks E3 2014 Amazon glitch pricing!) and I usually get shipping notification emails late night. Should arrive in the mail tomorrow.

Kieli

Yeah EB charges tax on all their prepaid cards, even though they're not supposed to.

How do they get away with it if they are not supposed to?

Because that means they could be pocketing the tax as their own since they didn't need to pay it to the government.

Top Bottom