• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Deal-ish.

Destiny: The Taken King upgrade DLC is $39.99 on PSN, which is actually the same as the US price. That's a deal since it means we are only spending $32.99 US on it.

Of course you still need to own the base game and first two expansion packs for it.

sikkinixx

Well some of you have gotten your emails from Amazon that they are getting ready to ship Batman right? I still have not and it's pissing me off that I go out of my way to pay extra to get faster shipping and I will have to wait (in Toronto no less). This thing better not come a week late as they want to claim.

Yeah I just got mine. Tracking says it's leaving the facility in Mississauga and due here Friday.

If that's the case I'm going to bitch since I have prime, shit should be here in two days.

Xenoflare

Yeah EB charges tax on all their prepaid cards, even though they're not supposed to.

Really? I never got charged for PSN cards, but I did got charged when MS points are still a thing, but best buy did that as well.

Funny how when future shop was still around I didn't get taxed for MS points, when I asked the lady at the counter she said taxes are applied to PSN cards and not MS points.

I was really confused, but I never once got charged tax when I bought PSN cards, and Sony stopped taxing me on the PSN store for as long as I could remember.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Deal-ish.

Destiny: The Taken King upgrade DLC is $39.99 on PSN, which is actually the same as the US price. That's a deal since it means we are only spending $32.99 US on it.

Of course you still need to own the base game and first two expansion packs for it.
The suffering discount.

Ryde3

On the train so sorry if this has been asked/answered but, Greenman Gaming is doing 40% off Batman, does anyone know what the price will come to after the discount+conversion to Canadian dollars?

Damn that xbone deal is hot, too bad there isn't really much to play on it yet if you've got a PS4 and a PC

Mighta jumped on it anyway if I hadnt just bought a DSLR

Just a PS4 (or that and a WiiU), then the One is a great deal. But a PC and ps4? Yeah, wait for a bit.

Having said that, the Xbox is my favourite system so far this gen.

sikkinixx

Well I'll see tomorrow but as of now my Batman amazon order is still sitting in Ontario with no delivery date. I'll be on their ass if it's not here in two days. Ain't payin for Prime for nothing.

@Wreck

q37wbXm.png

No movement on the FS site. I called Best Buy and they told me the game was gonna ship tomorrow, so not getting it on release.

same boat except mine says "Out of Stock

How does that work?

Is there a monthly payment? Does the money expire or stay on till used?

Yup you have a small monthly payment to keep your plan and number active, and then for outgoing talk minutes and data you buy prepaid boosters. All done online (including the porting). Really easy.

Only thing is you have to buy a prepaid SIM card from their store or online.

Gritesh

Talked to best buy about my future shop pre order and they told me that it's on backorder and they will contact me if it hasn't been shipped out in 7 days.

I have a pile of pre orders from futurshop from last year's e3 starting to get the feeling they are going to honor those ones last..

BadWolf

Yup you have a small monthly payment to keep your plan and number active, and then for outgoing talk minutes and data you buy prepaid boosters. All done online (including the porting). Really easy.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

I use the same thing, and it works perfectly fine for my usage. I don't use a lot of data and almost never make long calls, so on average a month costs me around $20-22.

GreyWind

Talked to best buy about my future shop pre order and they told me that it's on backorder and they will contact me if it hasn't been shipped out in 7 days.

I have a pile of pre orders from futurshop from last year's e3 starting to get the feeling they are going to honor those ones last..

The guy I spoke with told me that since FS closed they had to get some sort of authorization so they had to delay it. Maybe I should call again and see if they change the story.

sikkinixx

What's the best way to deal with Amazon CS? Phone chat or email? Im annoyed they didn't put my batman order on express shipping with my prime service.

sikkinixx

Did you get prime after ordering? You'd need to go in and change it yourself if that's the case.

No I've had it for months now. All the other games on that order were set to two-day shipping so Batman should be no different.

edit: so talking to Amazon they said two day shipping only applies to certain area codes, everywhere else is 2-4 business days. Considering I'm outside Vancouver and have gotten tons of items within 2 days before that shouldn't be the case. It's one thing if they didn't have stock so they didn't ship it, but they've already charged me and shipped it so it shouldn't take a week.

s3baman

Neo Member
Anyone else getting a bit irritated by these new PC prices on steam? All of Ubisoft's games (AC Syndicate, R6, etc) are listed at 80$

dwsn

Neo Member
What's the best way to deal with Amazon CS? Phone chat or email? Im annoyed they didn't put my batman order on express shipping with my prime service.

I'm not having the best luck with Amazon either. Prime member, express shipping - still says Batman is prepping to ship. :(

baconcow

On the train so sorry if this has been asked/answered but, Greenman Gaming is doing 40% off Batman, does anyone know what the price will come to after the discount+conversion to Canadian dollars?

The 60% is because you must pay for that portion of the game (after 40% off). Using an actual bank rate, you would pay about $45.50 CAD for the game, more if you have to pay credit card fees (usually about 2.5%, about $1.00 CAD, so $46.50 CAD).

sikkinixx, regarding Amazon customer support. Talk to their live chat representatives. Explain your concern and they are generally very good.

Anyone else getting a bit irritated by these new PC prices on steam? All of Ubisoft's games (AC Syndicate, R6, etc) are listed at 80$

Ubisoft, for whatever reason, have been quicker to hop on board the price-increase train than most. Fallout 4 went up on Steam at $69.99, for example.

Ubisoft, for whatever reason, have been quicker to hop on board the price-increase train than most. Fallout 4 went up on Steam at $69.99, for example.

Ubisoft was doing that when steam changed to CDN pricing from the get go iirc. I still use greenman where it is $59.99 USD. I recall though some games on GMG have US pricing and CDN pricing based on your location. Those were $59.99USD for the US and $69.99USD for CDN region. Most of the pricing on steam is US +~10% so you can tell who put regional pricing if it shows up at $70 or $80 instead of some weird amount.

Has anyone been looking into TVs at all lately? I was wanting to pick up a new TV and noticed that the pricing is about 40% higher than the US from the models I am looking at (Sony, samsung). Now I plan to wait as my jimmies are too rustled.

I use the same thing, and it works perfectly fine for my usage. I don't use a lot of data and almost never make long calls, so on average a month costs me around $20-22.

I use Rogers pre-paid. $0.45 (or is it $0.50 now) per minute, $0.01 evenings and weekends (I rarely call anyway). I pay $5/month for 250 outgoing texts and unlimited incoming. I top up with $100 once a year and I've always had balance left over (which is retained once I top up). I'll buy $1 for 10MB of data if I really need it (but with Wi-Fi and friends' phones I rarely do). $100 a year is about $9 a month.

7-11 Speakout is supposed to be even better for low-usage pre-paid (I think they use the Rogers network). Koodo pre-paid is also good if you use data.

Whichever provider you use, just remember to top-up to retain your balance.

s3baman

Neo Member
Have you not been paying attention for the last 2 months? Games have been rising in price and 80 is the new 60

To be fair, I haven't bought anything on steam in a while, neither have I checked the store. I got GTA V, W3, and Batman last year and that's it really. Last I knew most new games were hiked to 69.99, so this 80$ business is new to me.

BadHand

Especially when some games, assassin's creed for example, are developed in Canada... how do they make a case for the price increase when development costs are in CAD and not affected by the decline in value.

Roto13

Especially when some games, assassin's creed for example, are developed in Canada... how do they make a case for the price increase when development costs are in CAD and not affected by the decline in value.

Have you seen the credits for an Ubisoft game? :p

s3baman

Neo Member

Most of Ubis studios are outside of the US. Places like Bucharest, Casablanca, Shanghai etc can't be more expensive than Montreal to develop. Luckily, Anno 2205 is kept at 69.99 and Heroes VII is 59.99 iirc, both being PC exclusives.

Top Bottom