• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

sikkinixx

I'm not having the best luck with Amazon either. Prime member, express shipping - still says Batman is prepping to ship. :(

They told ended up telling me because they are so busy with orders, the two-day shipping is null if you live outside "delivery zone" and service is bumped from two-day to two-to-four day. It still makes no sense at all, since my order has actually shipped but they didn't get it on a fast enough service. But I wasted too much time dealing with it for a game I won't even play until July so I stopped arguing.

Deadly

I use Rogers pre-paid. $0.45 (or is it $0.50 now) per minute, $0.01 evenings and weekends (I rarely call anyway). I pay $5/month for 250 outgoing texts and unlimited incoming. I top up with $100 once a year and I've always had balance left over (which is retained once I top up). I'll buy $1 for 10MB of data if I really need it (but with Wi-Fi and friends' phones I rarely do). $100 a year is about $9 a month.
It seems that prepaid plan isn't even offered anymore. I use the 0.35$ for 5 minutes and then 0.15$ for the rest and since they keep raising the initial price, you got me interested since they're practically at the same price now but that plan isn't even on the website anymore

Ok, so I am not usually one to preorder from Amazon in bulk or whatnot, but the 20 percent off thing is kind of good for stuff I was gonna day one anyway.

Am I missing something or is there a way to get the discount and have these things ship and be charged to my card separately?

Basically I'm looking to keep the super saver shipping, the 20% discount code, and have them ship as they come out.

Is there a way to do this?

Ok, so I am not usually one to preorder from Amazon in bulk or whatnot, but the 20 percent off thing is kind of good for stuff I was gonna day one anyway.

Am I missing something or is there a way to get the discount and have these things ship and be charged to my card separately?

Basically I'm looking to keep the super saver shipping, the 20% discount code, and have them ship as they come out.

Is there a way to do this?

They charge you and ship things as they come out, don't worry

Palehorse

Amazon upgraded my Batman preorder to Priority a few months ago when another game failed to arrive for launch day. Their predicted delivery date has been sitting at June 23 for weeks now. So when I finally got the ship notice last night at 7:30 I was happy...until I saw the UPS tracking page.

Expected delivery: Wednesday, June 24, 2015, by 8:00pm Ugh..

I guess it makes sense as it is going from Mississauga to Victoria.

Now I check the tracking page and it's out for delivery as of 8:30 this morning. If it does get dropped off today that will be excellent service...but the expected delivery is still set for tomorrow.

terrible

Banned
I expected Amazon to be slow shipping Batman but I did not expect that they'd charge me for the game two days before release anyway. What brats, at least wait until you're going to ship it.

FrsDvl

Anyone know the best place to sell my PS4? Kijiji apparently doesn't want it, since it's giving me errors every time i try to post an ad.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Got both my copies of Batman from BB (I wanted to cancel but didn't want to call to do so) and Amazon. I'll return the BB copy later this week. They knew not to delay it for me so I wouldn't go to town on them with a crowbar. :D

frequency

7-11 Speakout is supposed to be even better for low-usage pre-paid (I think they use the Rogers network). Koodo pre-paid is also good if you use data.

I'm on Speakout with Data.

It's $25 minimum top up for a year.

$0.25 a minute of talk
$0.15 per outgoing text. Free incoming.

$10 for 100 MB a month. $0.10 per 1 MB overage fee (same cost as $10 for 100 MB)

That's what I use. There are other plans and add ons for like unlimited text and stuff I think but I don't use them.

Usually around Christmas time they have a buy $100 and get $25 free top up deal thing.

And yes, it uses Rogers network.

Edit: Oh, they also charge a monthly $1.25 or something "911 fee"

It seems that prepaid plan isn't even offered anymore. I use the 0.35$ for 5 minutes and then 0.15$ for the rest and since they keep raising the initial price, you got me interested since they're practically at the same price now but that plan isn't even on the website anymore

You're right.

http://www.rogers.com/web/content/w...ss-_-pay_as_you_go-_-plans_banner#,Tabset1--3,,,,

It was the "$0.01 evenings and weekends" plan when I signed up over 5 years ago. There also was a "$0.25 anytime" plan which is also gone. They're obviously trying to push people to sign up on a monthly plan by steadily increasing the costs and removing plans.

Koodo's options aren't bad but require $15 monthly:

https://www.koodomobile.com/prepaid-plans

Unlimited texting is included though, along with voicemail and international text. An initial $25 for 500 minutes and $30 for 1GB should go a long way and don't expire. If all that lasts you a year it's less than $20 for 41 minutes, 83 MB, and unlimited texting per month.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I just popped Batman in.

3.6GB Update file
1.2GB Harley Quinn Story Pack
1.0GB PS Exclusive Scarecrow Mission
121MB PS Exclusive Skins
112MB New 52 Skins Pack

At least it's a lot easier to enter PSN codes for those stuff since you can just scan them with your phone through the PSN app.

curb

Banned
I just popped Batman in.

3.6GB Update file
1.2GB Harley Quinn Story Pack
1.0GB PS Exclusive Scarecrow Mission
121MB PS Exclusive Skins
112MB New 52 Skins Pack

At least it's a lot easier to enter PSN codes for those stuff since you can just scan them with your phone through the PSN app.

I forgot about the extra content. Thanks for the heads up - downloading now.

UberTag

Arkham Knight arrived without issue from Best Buy for me.
Except for the fact that those retailer-exclusive Waynetech Booster Pack goodies are nowhere to be seen. Even scoured my spam folder for them.

@Wreck

Really? It shows sold out for me, and I'm set to receive email notifications when it becomes available and haven't got anything

wow i must have been quick

sorry

Placed on Tuesday, June 23, 2015
Fallout 4 - PlayStation 4 Collector's Edition
Video Game
Sold by Amazon.com.ca, Inc.
Facebook Twitter Pinterest CDN$ 159.99
Item Subtotal: CDN$ 159.99
Shipping & Handling: CDN$ 0.00
Estimated Tax (GST/HST): CDN$ 20.80
Estimated Tax (PST/QST): CDN$ 0.00
Order Total: CDN$ 180.79

Maximus.

Got two copies of Arkham Knight for me and a friend and both games were loose in the box. This isn't the first time where a disc has been loose. Wonder what causes it to pop out :/

curb

Banned
Arkham Knight arrived without issue from Best Buy for me.
Except for the fact that those retailer-exclusive Waynetech Booster Pack goodies are nowhere to be seen. Even scoured my spam folder for them.

My Best Buy pre-order bonus code email showed up less than an hour ago. They must be slow today.

Palehorse

Really? It shows sold out for me, and I'm set to receive email notifications when it becomes available and haven't got anything

I don't trust the email notification. I've tried using it twice on separate games and never got a darn thing. The last try was for the Pip Boy edition and I also just kept checking it now and then. I found it up and preordered but never got an email saying it was up. (This was on the first offering, not a restock)

Sora_N

Anyone need ps4 batman? I have an extra copy at $56 total.

Gvr

Wonder how much I could sell this for on Craigslist if no one else wants it here.

jholmes

Sad day today: I went into Walmart and saw Other M on sale for $20. The end of an era.

Sin and Punishment 2 was also on for $20 which actually isn't an awful price. Also on Wii were about 400 copies of Epic Mickey 2.

UberTag

My Best Buy pre-order bonus code email showed up less than an hour ago. They must be slow today.
Thanks for the heads up. Mine showed up as well.

Shame we've got to wait a couple months for the Red Hood levels to show up on PSN.
Retailer exclusive pre-order DLC shouldn't have trophies attached to them, damn it.
Ah well, the sacrifices we make to not pay full retail extortionate prices at EB Games.

i-Jest

Sad day today: I went into Walmart and saw Other M on sale for $20. The end of an era.

Sin and Punishment 2 was also on for $20 which actually isn't an awful price. Also on Wii were about 400 copies of Epic Mickey 2.

I'll have to check my Local Walmart for Sin and Punishment 2 then.

MikeRahl

Is Superstore getting out of selling videogames?

Went to one last night and ended up picking Dragon Age, Dark Souls 2 and GTAV for the PS4 for about $90 total.

Went to another and there were a few games on sale but nothing too much.

Is Superstore getting out of selling videogames?

Went to one last night and ended up picking Dragon Age, Dark Souls 2 and GTAV for the PS4 for about $90 total.

Went to another and there were a few games on sale but nothing too much.

Hmm... I should check my local Superstore. If any Winnipeggers out there notice anything, let me know!

Vinc

Currently on vacation in the south until early july and I see Batman was successfully delivered by canada post. My mailbox is too small to hold it and I'm not there to receive it. Has that happened to anyone here before? Hope everything is ok.

Apathy

Well I didn't think Canada Post could screw me any more, but apparently my copy of Batman is being sent back to Amazon for refusal of delivery, even though I've been awake and at home all day and no one has come to the door.

No_Style

Well I didn't think Canada Post could screw me any more, but apparently my copy of Batman is being sent back to Amazon for refusal of delivery, even though I've been awake and at home all day and no one has come to the door.

This is super weird. Unless they went to the wrong door and the person refused it?

MikeRahl

St Anne's and bison have been picked clean.

I was at the Regent location last night

I got the last GTAV at 35, but there was still a copy of Dark Souls and of Dragon Age at $25

There was plenty of Assassins Creed Unity, some EA Sports games and Battlefield Hardline there. MLB 15 was $35 as well.

Didn't look at Xbox One games and only game I really saw for the Wii U was the new Donkey Kong for $25,

There were a TON of $25 PS3 controllers though.

LordAmused

So, Fallout 4 Pip-boy edition went instock at Ebgames.ca...Obviously, their website crashed. Had it in my cart, but when I went ahead to purchase, it said out of stock...

BUT. A few minutes later, it went instock at Amazon.com. Hopefully it will go live at .ca too.

Top Bottom