• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

zeitgeist

Thanks for the heads up. Mine showed up as well.

Shame we've got to wait a couple months for the Red Hood levels to show up on PSN.
Retailer exclusive pre-order DLC shouldn't have trophies attached to them, damn it.
Ah well, the sacrifices we make to not pay full retail extortionate prices at EB Games.

I still haven't received my DLC code. Does it come in a special separate email?

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Heh, Amazon just gave me an estimated release date for FFVII. January 3rd 2017, just in time for the 20th anniversary, although the 31st would have been the exact 20th anniversary in North America. It's more thsn likely a placeholder date, but I fully expect it to come out Jan 2017 nonetheless.

@Wreck

Same here with the out of stock. Never again pre ordering at Best Buy.

i got two emails today:

best buy:
Thank you for placing your order on BestBuy.ca.

We strive to delight you by ensuring that if you've pre-ordered a product with us, you will have that product in your hands by the release date. From time to time we are unable to meet our goal due to unforeseen challenges.

Unfortunately, we are currently experiencing such a challenge and you have experienced a delay in receiving your Batman: Arkham Knight (PlayStation 4). We expect this to leave our warehouse no later than June 24th.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and/or frustration this may have caused. Thanks for your continued loyalty to BestBuy.ca.

If you have any further questions, please contact us directly.

Sincerely,

The BestBuy.ca Team

futureshop:

Order Shipped

Hi @Wreck,

The items listed below are on their way!

» Track shipment

Please note: Tracking may not be available for up to 24 hours after the item(s) are shipped.

This email is not a receipt.
View & print your receipt by visiting your My Orders page.

Item(s)shipped Quantity
Batman: Arkham Knight (PlayStation 4) 1

pretty weird

but i'll take it

RS4-

Anyone know the best place to sell my PS4? Kijiji apparently doesn't want it, since it's giving me errors every time i try to post an ad.

There are some key words on kijiji that block you from posting. (un) modded is definitely one of them. There are a few others, so it could be that.

Rfd (lol) is another place you can try.

Rare Replay dropped to $29.99 from $39.99 on Amazon.ca

I had them update the price on my order cuz I don't trust their Pre-order price guarantee being applied correctly if the item goes back up in price before it ships.

Rare Replay dropped to $29.99 from $39.99 on Amazon.ca

I had them update the price on my order cuz I don't trust their Pre-order price guarantee being applied correctly if the item goes back up in price before it ships.

I really want to go digital on it but that's a great price with the 30% off.

fooish101

Well I couldn't believe the PS4 pip-boy version is still available so I called. As of this post...it IS still available.

Wish some of those PS4 versions where PC, I would love to get a special edition to decorate my room but can't justify spending the cash for it and not getting a PC copy

FrsDvl

Anyone in Edmonton in the market for a Wii U? I'm trying to get rid of mine for $350.
25 games ie; Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, DK Tropical Freeze (including virtual console and indies) 5 Amiibo's, 2 wii remotes and 2 wii classic controllers.

kennah

Anyone in Edmonton in the market for a Wii U? I'm trying to get rid of mine for $350.
25 games ie; Splatoon, Smash Bros, Mario Kart, DK Tropical Freeze (including virtual console and indies) 5 Amiibo's, 2 wii remotes and 2 wii classic controllers.
Fuuuck. Would you ship :p

Dazzler

That is a hell of a deal

I'd be biting if I didn't already have a Wii U

DJ_Lae

Damn, I'd be all over that if I didn't already own a ton of WiiU stuff.

Are the controller motion plus?

Package deals are more difficult to sell because they require a lump sum.

That's a killer deal though: Splatoon, Smash, Mario Kart, and DK are basically $200 by themselves.

Neki

I'm totally up for this. Let's talk, especially because I do live in Edmonton

Madness

Is Superstore getting out of selling videogames?

Went to one last night and ended up picking Dragon Age, Dark Souls 2 and GTAV for the PS4 for about $90 total.

Went to another and there were a few games on sale but nothing too much.

St Anne's and bison have been picked clean.

Is this confirmed? Or a YMMV situation for only a few stores? I should go and check my local ones.

Mimosa97

Damn what a deal !

Can I ask you why you're getting rid of your amiibos ?

I thought Nintendo fans bought them because they love their Nintendo trinkets.

FrsDvl

Damn what a deal !

Can I ask you why you're getting rid of your amiibos ?

I thought Nintendo fans bought them because they love their Nintendo trinkets.

Don't have use for them without a Wii U! Never got into collecting them, since they were too hard to get.

SickBoy

Is this confirmed? Or a YMMV situation for only a few stores? I should go and check my local ones.

There's something on in Winnipeg where they're re-doing their electronics sections... I think there are a few random stores elsewhere, but it's mainly been there.

It doesn't sound like they're getting out of gaming, but I guess you never know. I hope not. That's my fear about them and Shoppers... between both I have a decent amount of store rewards I've got earmarked for gaming :)

Stage On

There's something on in Winnipeg where they're re-doing their electronics sections... I think there are a few random stores elsewhere, but it's mainly been there.

It doesn't sound like they're getting out of gaming, but I guess you never know. I hope not. That's my fear about them and Shoppers... between both I have a decent amount of store rewards I've got earmarked for gaming :)

They might as well be getting out of gaming at this point. I went to the local one in Oakville and they had changed the location of electronics since the last time I visited. Once I found it they had way way less stock then they used to because of how much they downsized.

MikeRahl

They might as well be getting out of gaming at this point. I went to the local one in Oakville and they had changed the location of electronics since the last time I visited. Once I found it they had way way less stock then they used to because of how much they downsized.

Based on RedFlagDeals this sounds like it is only Winnipeg.

And Superstore is really the worst for games the past 2 years or so for gaming, at least in Manitoba, despite me picking up probably half my PS4 library there cheap.

Most of the games I find there are the most expensive, except for 1 or 2 which end up just being stupid cheap (Last of Us Remastered for 25 on Black Friday as an example). The vast majority of games barely even have a price sticker. The one location I frequented for groceries would have a line of PS3 or Vita games spine up with no sticker... or there would be a bunch of stickers in their general location with tons of games that are nowhere near there. And even IF you wanted to know the price of a game despite knowing in your heart that it would be a terrible deal, you wouldn't be able to open the case because the corner of the store that electronics is stuck in is a barren wasteland devoid of any employees, and by the time you get to the front desk or the clothing department to find someone to call down to the department while you wait there for 10 minutes like a sap you wouldn't want to even bother buying it anymore.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
No sure it's the right place to ask, but what would be the cheapest/easiest way to unlock an old Koodo Samsung Galaxy Ace? I want to give it to a relative, but they're with Telus and it's asking for an unlock code...

So the PC version of Arkham Knight is fucked, and I'll be getting a refund from GMG as soon as it's available, but for now I want to play the PS4 version. Amazon 20% off the best deal right now? I have to order something else to qualify for the deal, is safe to just order something not coming out for a while to get the discount, then cancel that item once they ship Batman?

zroid

Banned
in case anyone was still wondering if their "Wii U X" pre-order from Future Shop way back when would still be good, I just got an email for it with the updated release date (Dec 4). So that'll do.

SickBoy

Yeah, I miss the separated electronics section... my store has been the same for a while -- a lot less stuff -- and now that it's just another aisle, getting help is a pain in the ass.

I was at the Regent location last night

I got the last GTAV at 35, but there was still a copy of Dark Souls and of Dragon Age at $25

There was plenty of Assassins Creed Unity, some EA Sports games and Battlefield Hardline there. MLB 15 was $35 as well.

Didn't look at Xbox One games and only game I really saw for the Wii U was the new Donkey Kong for $25,

There were a TON of $25 PS3 controllers though.

Cool, might swing by today. Thanks!

diaspora

$844.99
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=9765308&CatId=7387

Is this the card you want? Not sure if the price you have is inc tax and all that but I linked this one anyway in case you are interested

I was including tax. The $805 one is at least $909 after tax, and god forbid if I have to deal with environmental fees.

Top Bottom