• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
There probably won't be any Wii U deals until Black Friday at this point? The Splatoon is expensive af.

Star wars Battlefront is down to $64.96 for PS4 today. Id get Amazon to apply the new price to your order cuz it doesnt always happen automatically when it's these brief day or two price drops. They did it for me through their online chat, took 2 mins.

Achtius

Star wars Battlefront is down to $64.96 for PS4 today. Id get Amazon to apply the new price to your order cuz it doesnt always happen automatically when it's these brief day or two price drops. They did it for me through their online chat, took 2 mins.

thanks for the heads up, got it adjusted too .

Good to know ! Having said that, rare replay was reduced to $29 for me today, automatically, no chat needed. Looks like it took about three days for them to apply it.

UberTag

NHL 16 is also down to $64.96 today on PS4 for anyone that pre-ordered that one.
I almost feel like cancelling this instead of asking to have the price adjusted.
I mean, that new box art is just laughable. And can they really regroup from last year's 60 Metacritic score? That's Yuke's WWE territory.

I almost feel like cancelling this instead of asking to have the price adjusted.
I mean, that new box art is just laughable. And can they really regroup from last year's 60 Metacritic score? That's Yuke's WWE territory.

I think a lot of features are making their way back in.

I will give them a chance for their second year on next gen.

Edit: my price hasn't been adjusted. Best way to contact support to ensure it is done?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
People should create an account at CamelCamelCamel and create a watch list for all of their pre-orders and set the price for the watch at $0.01 below the current price. You'll be emailed about Amazon price drops for all the games you're watching. If Amazon doesn't automatically adjust the price within a few days you can contact them about it if you want.

N° 2048

People should create an account at CamelCamelCamel and create a watch list for all of their pre-orders and set the price for the watch at $0.01 below the current price. You'll be emailed about Amazon price drops for all the games you're watching. If Amazon doesn't automatically adjust the price within a few days you can contact them about it if you want.

Whoa, thanks!

I suggest getting them adjusted. In my experience with amazon pre-orders, any permanent price drops get applied correctly like the rare replay down to $29.99. Things like Star Wars being dropped to $64.96 for a few days only wont be adjusted and you have to ask.

Lexxism

I suggest getting them adjusted. In my experience with amazon pre-orders, any permanent price drops get applied correctly like the rare replay down to $29.99. Things like Star Wars being dropped to $64.96 for a few days only wont be adjusted and you have to ask.
It will be adjusted but it takes time (2-3 days I think). If you are being impatient and doesn't trust amazon that they will adjust it then yeah you can chat them to adjust.

Second person took the two seconds to make the adjustment.

I can sleep easy.

I really like this price protection over Best Buy.

It will be adjusted but it takes time (2-3 days I think). If you are being impatient and doesn't trust amazon that they will adjust it then yeah you can chat them to adjust.

Hmm, I havent had such luck in the past if it's only a temporary price drop for a couple days. Things like Rare Replay and Gears Ultimate adjust correctly though since they're permanent drops.

For the Amazon E3 orders, if a game that I pre-ordered for 79.99$ and it drops to 69.99$ and goes back to 79.99$, I know that I get the 69.99$ price with the lowest price guarantee. However, will I see the new price at 69.99$ under the price of the game when I click the order with the big list?

Edit: I see that it's the subject of the day!

Lexxism

Hmm, I havent had such luck in the past if it's only a temporary price drop for a couple days. Things like Rare Replay and Gears Ultimate adjust correctly though since they're permanent drops.
Ah, I see. That's why.

For the Amazon E3 orders, if a game that I pre-ordered for 79.99$ and it drops to 69.99$ and goes back to 79.99$, I know that I get the 69.99$ price with the lowest price guarantee. However, will I see the new price at 69.99$ under the price of the game when I click the order with the big list?
Yeah but it takes a while for them to adjust. Maybe 2-3 days? You can always give them a chat to adjust it manually to calm yourself haha

Ah, I see. That's why.

Yeah but it takes a while for them to adjust. Maybe 2-3 days? You can always give them a chat to adjust it manually to calm yourself haha

Thanks! I usually trust them on that but yea, it's never super quick. I just remember being able to look at my orders differently when it's a single item but maybe I misremember. I will just keep a screenshot and a link to camelcamelcamel and if the price does not adjust within 3-4 days I will chat with them for an adjustment and keep a better eye on price drops.

Exactly that!

Kiro

I got the price changed from the Amazon CS rep and asked her if I always need to contact them to change the price and she said this:

Deepika: Yes, whenever there is a drop in price you will need to contact us to let us know so that we shall check the same on the website item page and assist you with it.
You're welcome.

I got the price changed from the Amazon CS rep and asked her if I always need to contact them to change the price and she said this:

Deepika: Yes, whenever there is a drop in price you will need to contact us to let us know so that we shall check the same on the website item page and assist you with it.
You're welcome.

Well, that is wrong. Sword Art Online had its price changed automatically for me.

Any fellow Canadians want to add me on PSN and or XBOX live? Mostly casual gaming, always new releases but online no more than 1-2 hours a weekday. (Longer on weekends). Send me a message with your PSN or Xbox tag so you don't have to post it here publicly :)

the3ye

Sooo anyone from Canada got a working $5 voucher from E3 Experience?
Seems like we are getting US codes and we are screwed.
$5 is not much, but what about other codes?

terrible

Banned

They just gave me the old "it will automatically be adjusted" speech lol.

edit: I was promised that if it didn't adjust on its own in two days that I could contact them again and they'd do it manually even if the price has gone up since then.

Honestly, I'd just chill on the price adjustments. Certainly keep track of the prices on your pre-ordered games, but all my pre-orders from Amazon.ca last year got their prices adjusted automatically after a few days, even for price changes that happened months later (but still before release). You almost certainly don't have to stress yourselves out asking CSRs to do manual adjustments every time a game drops in price.

so they will drop the price that they will charge you, even if it comes out on november?

what if it gets back up between now and nov?

i don't get it.

so they will drop the price that they will charge you, even if it comes out on november?

what if it gets back up between now and nov?

i don't get it.

The pre-order price guarantee is that you pay the lowest price posted at any point between the time you place the order and when it ships. Some price drops only happen for a couple days and then go back to regular price and may not drop again. Star wars Battlefield is $64.96 today but it'll be going back up to $79.99 in a couple days and may just stay at full price until it ships. When it ships, it should be $64.96 charged.

Kalren

The pre-order price guarantee is that you pay the lowest price posted at any point between the time you place the order and when it ships. Some price drops only happen for a couple days and then go back to regular price and may not drop again. Star wars Battlefield is $64.96 today but it'll be going back up to $79.99 in a couple days and may just stay at full price until it ships. When it ships, it should be $64.96 charged.

I just talked to amazon support today and was told the same information. That they track the price points and the order will be adjusted manually just prior(48 hours) to the shipping process.

I can post the transcript if anyone likes.

I still feel I need to watch them like a hawk however...

Proc

Yeah my sdm didn't have it stocked unfortunately. I know it's a lot to ask but I still can't get my head around that $69 price tag. Oh well.

N° 2048

Yeah my sdm didn't have it stocked unfortunately. I know it's a lot to ask but I still can't get my head around that $69 price tag. Oh well.

A lot of content will be out by August/September so it might be a little easier to throw down the cash for it then.

I bought it Day 1 and it felt a bit bare bones but with all the free DLC that came out/is coming out...I feel it's justified now.

Plus it's one of those rare online games my girlfriend loves.

So something weird is going on with all of my e3 preorders from Amazon.ca. The games are listed, now without prices attached, and I am getting a message at the top of the page that states:

"There's a problem displaying some of your orders right now
If you don't see the order you're looking for, try refreshing this page, or click "View order details" for that order. "

If i click order details for my orders I get another message:

"Unable to find this order
The order you are trying to view appears to be invalid. Please check that you have a correct link and try again. "

Anyone know what might be going on here?

Edit: Amazon fixed it on their end.

This is what I'm getting from chat about the Battlefront price.

I have no problem in adjusting the price. But when I change the price of an item if there is any further change in price the order will still reflect the price of the item and we are strictly informed not to change the price or a pre order as it is being done automatically. If we change the price from our end it is affecting the automatic price change. our chat conversation is recorded for your reference and we can send you this details again via an e-mail if this doesn't happen you can request for a full refund for the order.

I guess she's saying that if she changes is then it stops the automatic price change, if it happens to drop lower...

Whatever, told her to send me a transcript so if they don't honor it i'll have back up.

N° 2048

That Amazon CSR inconsistency...

One rep told me no problem at all. Changed price within 20 seconds.

Another rep says no they cannot manually change the price, it will give you lowest price it hit since you ordered, two days before it ships.

Last rep says when the price drops it will automatically update within 24-48 hours.

:/

Top Bottom