• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

h3LN9Kt.jpg

Nothing goes over my head. My reflexes are too fast. I would catch it.

jholmes

Which reminds me that I have a code for Earthbound from last year that I never redeemed because I changed my mind about buying a Wii U. Would that code still work?

So you're both not playing a Wii U and not playing EarthBound?

Please at least tell me you've played EarthBound before. I can't bear this tale of woe.

Madness

Microsoft store has gears ultimate and gears 4 pre orders up and each come with a $10 gift card.

Also the french version of gears 4 is $5 cheaper than English version. I'm pretty sure it's just the boxart and manual that's french and the game is pure english

I used last week's trade in 5 games for $5 each towards pre-orders and got Gears Ultimate down to $24.99 plus at pickup I get a $10 store gift card, which I think I'll just keep to pick something else up at launch if prices move up or stay high. Online pre-order much better because you get XBL/MS credit it seems.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
What games on Amazon dropped in price? I was without computer for a few days and didn't follow the thread much :p
Then it's a good thing that posts aren't deleted from this thread and you can still go back and read them. ;)

Any that dropped will automatically be updated in your order within a couple of days of it dropping.

Then it's a good thing that posts aren't deleted from this thread and you can still go back and read them. ;)

Any that dropped will automatically be updated in your order within a couple of days of it dropping.

Oh right, I don't have to read 10 pages of amibos anymore :p

balohna

Does anyone know if MS store tests consoles you trade in? I have a PS3 that won't read BRDs anymore, and want an Xbox One before Halo 5 hits. It may save me money to trade the PS3 (for $100 toward an Xbone) and buy a new one vs. replacing the drive then also buying a One later. I also have a spare HDD I can pop in, so I can save my own and still have the console start up.

I figure I'm not really screwing them because I doubt they're reselling the PS3s they bring in.

Madness

Does anyone know if MS store tests consoles you trade in? I have a PS3 that won't read BRDs anymore, and want an Xbox One before Halo 5 hits. It may save me money to trade the PS3 (for $100 toward an Xbone) and buy a new one vs. replacing the drive then also buying a One later. I also have a spare HDD I can pop in, so I can save my own and still have the console start up.

I figure I'm not really screwing them because I doubt they're reselling the PS3s they bring in.

They never tested mine. Just made sure it wasn't broken or like smashed. I traded in my old Elite last year. Just took the cables, the controller and the console. Made me sign a bunch of stuff. I don't think they do anything with it besides recycle it.

Nicodemic

NEW DEAL

Hey guys! I just bought the limited edition of Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN for PS4 on Amazon.ca for 53$ + tx. It is the lowest price I've seen for the limited edition and is in fact lower than the standard edition (by 2$ mind you). Here are the links:

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Limited Edition PS4

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- PS4 - Standard Edition

Even for the standard edition, I think that's the lowest it's ever been but don't quote me on that. I think this game is going to be kind of rare in the future has it was never "officially" released in Canada (no english/french cover). I'm assuming it had a low print run so, I guess now is the time!

Anyway, there you go! Hope the post is what this thread is aboot! ;-)

DayEnder

Do PS+ cards still go on sale ever? My sub is running out soon.

I haven't seen it on sale in over a year. I bought mine from Amazon US when they had a sale a few years ago and the dollar wasn't trash...I should have bought more since I need to renew in November/December.

Zeeman

So is the only n3DS deal right now the Walmart one where you get Smash or Pokemon OR/AS free with it? I'm getting antsy to replace my current 3DS, the R button flat out does not work anymore.

i-Jest

NEW DEAL

Hey guys! I just bought the limited edition of Guilty Gear Xrd - SIGN for PS4 on Amazon.ca for 53$ + tx. It is the lowest price I've seen for the limited edition and is in fact lower than the standard edition (by 2$ mind you). Here are the links:

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- Limited Edition PS4

Guilty Gear Xrd -SIGN- PS4 - Standard Edition

Even for the standard edition, I think that's the lowest it's ever been but don't quote me on that. I think this game is going to be kind of rare in the future has it was never "officially" released in Canada (no english/french cover). I'm assuming it had a low print run so, I guess now is the time!

Anyway, there you go! Hope the post is what this thread is aboot! ;-)

Damn. I just bought something too.

Sajjaja

Shovel Knight coming to retail! 19.99 in USA. How much in Canada you ask? Let's see..how about 39.99.... THIRTY NINE NINETY NINE.

Bluenoser

I wish the Canadian PS store would fuck off with their pricing. $69.99 for Heavensward? What the hell Sony. You can get it at literally any retail store in Canada for $49.99. They did the same with FFX/X-2 remaster charging $59.99 where it was $49.99 everywhere else.

Do they just not give a shit about Canadian sales? Piece of pie is too small?

I bought Witcher 3 off the PS store because it was $81 with both expansions, and no tax, so it was a no brainer, but Amazon is pretty much my go to shopping for games. Shame because with everything needing installation on HDD, I wouldn't mind buying digital as much - if it were worth it.

@Wreck

has anybody had any experiance with used ps4(s)

from say amazon or eb?

i was thinking about one

let me know your experiences if you have time

I wish the Canadian PS store would fuck off with their pricing. $69.99 for Heavensward? What the hell Sony. You can get it at literally any retail store in Canada for $49.99. They did the same with FFX/X-2 remaster charging $59.99 where it was $49.99 everywhere else.

Do they just not give a shit about Canadian sales? Piece of pie is too small?

I bought Witcher 3 off the PS store because it was $81 with both expansions, and no tax, so it was a no brainer, but Amazon is pretty much my go to shopping for games. Shame because with everything needing installation on HDD, I wouldn't mind buying digital as much - if it were worth it.

Heavensward alone is $49.99. I know because I bought the expansion last week.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-standard-edition/cid=UP0082-CUSA00288_00-FFXIVEXPS400001A

If you want to buy it with A Realm Reborn included it's $69.99.

If you want to buy the Collector's Edition it is $69.99.

Same prices as on Amazon.

Bluenoser

Heavensward alone is $49.99. I know because I bought the expansion last week.

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ca/final-fantasy-xiv-heavensward-standard-edition/cid=UP0082-CUSA00288_00-FFXIVEXPS400001A

If you want to buy it with A Realm Reborn included it's $69.99.

If you want to buy the Collector's Edition it is $69.99.

Same prices as on Amazon.

Oh my fault - it only showed that version on the store home page, and I assumed that was the expansion only.

Still, their pricing is on the high side for many games considering they are digital distribution. I can't understand why it isn't an accepted practice to reduce the price by 10-15% due to no packaging/shipping/distribution/retail markups, etc.

Manual discounts on Amazon are super fun. A few games on my E3 order have a 10% discount right now, and I was going to cancel 2 of them but my previous CSR gave me a manual discount by taking a little off each order. So I contact them explaining the situation, and ended up getting ~$20 off total, by having the discount reapplied as 2 larger ones ($7 each), plus a previous $5 discount done the same way. I've taken off around $40 from this order at this point just by contacting Customer Service over this same manual discount.

Top Bottom