• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

farisr

First of the Amazon E3 preorders (using free shipping) arrived day 1 even though canadapost updated the tracking saying it'll arrive tomorrow. Awesome.

CKB3375

Any thoughts on Borderlands the Handsome Collection for either the XB1 or PS4? Is it a big step up from the last gen versions and worth $39.99?

mdubs

Banned
Good news, Amazon is matching a lot of the 10% off pricing at Best But right now, so if you ordered during the 30% off deal your price will drop even further

Lexxism

Good news, Amazon is matching a lot of the 10% off pricing at Best But right now, so if you ordered during the 30% off deal your price will drop even further
Yeah, I got an email from Camel regarding the drop. So far it's only 2 and it happens to be "not my 100% buy" games :(

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???

Doesnt seem like it as one has to enter a promotional code. It's not automatic.

terrible

Banned
Might as well be Toronto. Pickering.

Usually amazon shipments I end up receiving 1 or 2 days after release date, which is why I was surprised.

I got Batman a couple days after release and I was actually happy about that lol. I was expecting way worse.

Sora_N

Transformers Devastation - PlayStation 4
by Activision Blizzard
Platform : PlayStation 4
|
Rated: Rating Pending
List Price: CDN$ 64.99
Price: CDN$ 58.49 & FREE Shipping. Details

Roll over image to zoom in

Yoshi's Woolly World - Wii U
by Nintendo of Canada
Platform : Nintendo Wii U
|
Rated: Rating Pending
List Price: CDN$ 69.99
Price: CDN$ 62.99 & FREE Shipping. Details
You Save: CDN$ 7.00 (10%)
--------

Wonder if I should email them about this.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Inexplicably, it doesn't come with BL1. Also, probably not a deal breaker, but saves are only compatible on the same platform.

vinnygambini

The price is dropping off each item so no code needed. Bunch of mine have gone down 10%.

Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Mario Maker, among others, still full price.

So no not really. The only one I see is Ratchet.

Sealtest

Fire Emblem, Final Fantasy, Mario Maker, among others, still full price.

So no not really. The only one I see is Ratchet.

None of the Nintendos have been hit yet, Nier 2, Ratchet and Clank, Project X Zone 2, The Last Guadian. Nier just updated a few minutes ago so I expect more to pop up shortly.

vinnygambini

Yoshi, persona dancing, dark souls iii, transformers, last guardian have all dropped for me.
None of the Nintendos have been hit yet, Nier 2, Ratchet and Clank, Project X Zone 2, The Last Guadian. Nier just updated a few minutes ago so I expect more to pop up shortly.

Alrighty.

Does Amazon update automatically? I have the Last Guardian from your list.

UberTag

Yoshi, persona dancing, dark souls iii, transformers, last guardian have all dropped for me.
I see plenty of dropped prices but are these drops being auto-applied against your orders already or are you guys just assuming they will?

For instance, my Transformers: Devastation pre-order continues to hold at $64.99 even though the list price is now $58.49. Why would they reflect the price drop for some pre-orders but not others?

I see plenty of dropped prices but are these drops being auto-applied against your orders already or are you guys just assuming they will?

For instance, my Transformers: Devastation pre-order continues to hold at $64.99 even though the list price is now $58.49. Why would they reflect the price drop for some pre-orders but not others?

99.9% sure everyone's just assuming. Amazon doesn't normally do the price adjustments this quickly on orders. That said, I have faith the adjustments will come based on past experience.

Sealtest

No orders have been updated unless you contacted amazon CS, But they will.

Even if a price drops by 10% for a day or even a few hours and you have it preordered yours WILL update it just takes time.

explodet

The Last Guardian I can understand for a price drop, but why NieR 2? We ain't seeing that game for YEARS.

I'm not complaining, mind you.

UberTag

That's fine. Just wanted to verify that automatic price reductions hadn't already kicked in for some people that missed my own orders for some reason.

So long as we're all waiting we should all know when the discounts automatically kick in on our E3 orders.

mdubs

Banned
You can submit a link to best buy for each game on the amazon page to tell them about a lower price, not a bad idea if you want to help!

Sora_N

Suganya: Thanks for confirming.
Whenever you pre-order an item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.ca between the time you placed your order and the price the item sells for when it's released.
If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account within 24-48 hours of the price change. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24-48 hours of the release date.

I'm saving a copy of the transcript anyways, so if the prices don't change within 48 hours I will just refer to the chat.

suikodan

They were OOS the time I arrived to order one so I chose the ISPU option instead.

However, it says that they keep the orders for 24h and they're closed tomorrow, should I expect them to hold it until Thursday? I tried calling but nobody took the phone.

If I understand right, the price should (or will) drop automatically or should I contact a CSR? Yeah, I admit that I'm on that boat that wishes to see the prices drop further. :)

Sealtest

They were OOS the time I arrived to order one so I chose the ISPU option instead.

However, it says that they keep the orders for 24h and they're closed tomorrow, should I expect them to hold it until Thursday? I tried calling but nobody took the phone.

My local store says 24 hr but depending on the people working at closing if you didn't pick up the item before they close it gets moved back to the floor.

So if it wasnt put back after closing I don't see them putting it back during a holiday.

If I understand right, the price should (or will) drop automatically or should I contact a CSR? Yeah, I admit that I'm on that boat that wishes to see the prices drop further. :)

Re: BB, if the store is closed tomorrow I think you'll be okay. That said, some Best Buy stores may be open--Toronto Eaton Centre, for example.

Re: Amazon, price should drop automatically within a day or two. No need to contact a CSR.

Just talked to a amazon CSR, it was hilarious.

For some reasons I didn't get the chat log but basically the CSR refused to adjust price, said it was against the policy. Then he tried to copy/paste a whole bunch of non related stuffs and while I was trying to read everything, he said I was inactive for 2 minutes and disconnected me from the chat before I could type anything lol

rinse82

They never tested mine. Just made sure it wasn't broken or like smashed. I traded in my old Elite last year. Just took the cables, the controller and the console. Made me sign a bunch of stuff. I don't think they do anything with it besides recycle it.

They donate to children's hospitals

Oneself

It's $699 on their site now. There is a newer model that has AndroidTV and is supposedly better at smart features, but how do you think this will hold up? This years KDL50W800C is $1199.99 so I'm just curious.

If used mostly for games, I'd go with last year's model because the input lag went up from 24.3ms on the 800b to 37.4ms on the 800c, screen quality and color accuracy are similar.
And well, for the same amount of money you can get more games ;)
3D is better on the newer model though, so it's interesting if you're into 3D movies.
The Android OS is fairly new, it's not a game changer for now, there aren't many apps available.

Fallout 4 on Xbox One is marked as $71.99 right now. I guess they forgot to make the 10% only applicable through the promo code for that one. If you have it pre-ordered from the e3 promo, have them adjust it manually.

ohlawd

Fallout 4 on Xbox One is marked as $71.99 right now. I guess they forgot to make the 10% only applicable through the promo code for that one. If you have it pre-ordered from the e3 promo, have them adjust it manually.
nah, you don't have to tell them

hell, I'll let it happen naturally. I am willing to lose an 8 dollar saving just to prove this. feel free to laugh at me when nothing happens after the 24-48 hours is up ;_;

nah, you don't have to tell them

hell, I'll let it happen naturally. I am willing to lose an 8 dollar saving just to prove this. feel free to laugh at me when nothing happens after the 24-48 hours is up ;_;

Lol, you're probably right that it will happen automatically but I'm too impatient to wait days too see if it will update and then having to argue with them if they dont update automatically.

I just had them update 7 game prices for me and 3 a few days ago.

kinger

Xenoblade Chronicles X & Devil's Third have been reduced to $62.99, and AC: Happy Home Designer is now $40.49.

Also, Legend of Legacy's now $45, but no extra 10% off

I think they're asking how to apply the 10% off on open orders.

Aha, thanks. Knew I was misunderstanding the question.

Top Bottom