• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

How do we apply the extra 10%?

The PREORDER10 code applies to a bunch of games, some of which are already discounted by 10%. So if you've already used the code on an order for that game, you either already get the extra 10% off Amazon list price or you don't. There's nothing additional you need to do (or can do).

Fallout 4 on Xbox One is marked as $71.99 right now. I guess they forgot to make the 10% only applicable through the promo code for that one. If you have it pre-ordered from the e3 promo, have them adjust it manually.

*checks PC version*
*still $79.99*
*weeps*

rare replay now 26.99 on amazon
yall be crazy not to get this even if you dont have a xb1 at the moment

I was really planning on going to digital with this but the physical price is kind of ridiculous to pass up.

Xenoblade Chronicles X & Devil's Third have been reduced to $62.99, and AC: Happy Home Designer is now $40.49.

Also, Legend of Legacy's now $45, but no extra 10% off

Aha, thanks. Knew I was misunderstanding the question.

I kind of wish I had moved some of my Best Buy orders from previous years, the Amazon discounts with 30%+ are getting deep.

Returners

I was really planning on going to digital with this but the physical price is kind of ridiculous to pass up.

I kind of wish I had moved some of my Best Buy orders from previous years, the Amazon discounts with 30%+ are getting deep.

yeah if they continues to honor the lowest price guarantee, we're in for a good year actually.

EDIT: Did anyone's order auto update already? My uncharted, tearaway, ratchet and clank which are 10% off the listed price hasn't changed.

jholmes

With the pre-order deals and a retail release of Shovel Knight just announced I figured I'd go online and pre-order it.

Only bestbuy.ca has it, no Wii U version and they're charging $40 instead of $20 U.S. MSRP. Great.

NEW DEAL

If anyone is interested in the Disney Infinity sale at BestBuy and has a Wii U there's a pretty good deal going on right now.

If you buy the 2.0 Marvel Starter Pack for $19.99: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...39f5e11175e5955e66e2939en02&SearchPageIndex=1

You can use the portal that comes with that game for 1.0 which is a free download on the Wii U eshop. With that in mind you can purchase the 3DS version to get the 3 characters and the game cube that gives you everything the Wii U starter pack comes with for only 9.99. (Note, you can also use the 3 characters in the 2.0 game toy box mode)

3DS Version: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...01e92477a1a42fe3ba59c48en02&SearchPageIndex=1
(In store pickup it, there's a ton of them at locations all near me)

So you pretty much get 2 full Disney Infinity Starter Packs for 29.98. For the kid in you or your actual kids these games are pretty fun and you get a HECK OF ALOT of content doing this deal.

Kiro

Getting 40 to 50 dollar games day 1 versus my brother who is getting 70 to 80 dollar games plus tax feels nice. Real nice.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
If I contact amazon about the PREORDER10 thing for an existing order will they apply it?

If I contact amazon about the PREORDER10 thing for an existing order will they apply it?

I would not risk the new code removing the E3 30% promo, IMO, since I ~think~ you can only have one 'coupon' code on each order.

Edit: And also most game are at 10% off right now, so you will get that automatically adjusted (Price protection!)

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
Ah sorry, I didn't mean on top of the 30% off e3 stuff, I meant an old preorder for something else (P4 dancing all night disco but I got it when it was like $15 cheaper as soon as they put it up)
But just saw it doesn't work on collector editions so I guess it wont work regardless

only paying $21 inc taxes on amazon because of that 30% e3 deal plus the price drop :)

Ah sorry, I didn't mean on top of the 30% off e3 stuff, I meant an old preorder for something else (P4 dancing all night disco but I got it when it was like $15 cheaper as soon as they put it up)
But just saw it doesn't work on collector editions so I guess it wont work regardless

I'm not sure if this is too late and if still works, but if you have an old pre-order with a lower price, during the E3 30% discount time you could have asked a CSR to move it to your (big) order with the 30% discount and to keep the same price, which would get your 30% off on the lower price.

EX: If you had an order of X game for 39.99$ and it was selling now for 44.99$( and in the -30% promo), you could ask them to transfer the game from the 39.99$ order to e3 promo order and get it at 39.99$-30%.

Worth a try imo!

Madness

rare replay now 26.99 on amazon
yall be crazy not to get this even if you dont have a xb1 at the moment

I didn't add it. Does this mean anyone who did it on the 30% promo will get 30% off of $26.99? What a steal. I might just end up doing the 10% promo now. Literally the price of a pizza for such classic and great games now.

UberTag

EDIT: Did anyone's order auto update already? My uncharted, tearaway, ratchet and clank which are 10% off the listed price hasn't changed.
Nobody's orders have updated yet. This thread will light up once all of the discounts have been auto-applied... or it will light up when they don't auto-apply and the prices get increased and we all collectively flip out on Amazon CSRs (that are presently refusing to manually apply adjustments) to honor their lowest price guarantee.

kinger

‎
If you wanted to test it, you could try the promo code at checkout with the game you have ordered.
 If it works, order it with the promo code and then have CS "combine the order." (have CS adjust the price on the new order and then cancel the old one)‎

Ugh, should had ordered this one on Amazon instead of keeping my BB order.

I didn't add it. Does this mean anyone who did it on the 30% promo will get 30% off of $26.99? What a steal. I might just end up doing the 10% promo now. Literally the price of a pizza for such classic and great games now.

Yep, that is why Amazon is better than BestBuy on this (also much easier to cancel and to get support)!

Amazon is doing a really good job this year of making me regret not pre-ordering games for consoles I don't have yet‎
‎

Getting 40 to 50 dollar games day 1 versus my brother who is getting 70 to 80 dollar games plus tax feels nice. Real nice.

Ah, sibling rivalry at it's finest
jk haha

Hey, happy Canada day guys :p

Happy Canada Day!
Celebrate with gaming deals haha
‎

Sora_N

NEW DEAL

If anyone is interested in the Disney Infinity sale at BestBuy and has a Wii U there's a pretty good deal going on right now.

If you buy the 2.0 Marvel Starter Pack for $19.99: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...39f5e11175e5955e66e2939en02&SearchPageIndex=1

You can use the portal that comes with that game for 1.0 which is a free download on the Wii U eshop. With that in mind you can purchase the 3DS version to get the 3 characters and the game cube that gives you everything the Wii U starter pack comes with for only 9.99. (Note, you can also use the 3 characters in the 2.0 game toy box mode)

3DS Version: http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...01e92477a1a42fe3ba59c48en02&SearchPageIndex=1
(In store pickup it, there's a ton of them at locations all near me)

So you pretty much get 2 full Disney Infinity Starter Packs for 29.98. For the kid in you or your actual kids these games are pretty fun and you get a HECK OF ALOT of content doing this deal.

I assume the portal for the 3DS version is not compatible with WiiU right? So it looks like I have to spend $30.

i-Jest

Xenoblade Chronicles X & Devil's Third have been reduced to $62.99, and AC: Happy Home Designer is now $40.49.

Xenoblade Chronicles X would be $44 and cjange with the 30% off discount applied then. ffffaaaaaacckkkk

My crazy ass was convinced they wouldn't drop the price. Damn it! To damn late to add it to my preorder group and still get the 30% off. *sighs*

Xenoblade Chronicles X would be $44 and cjange with the 30% off discount applied then. ffffaaaaaacckkkk

My crazy ass was convinced they wouldn't drop the price. Damn it! To damn late to add it to my preorder group and still get the 30% off. *sighs*

$45.49 with BB from last year, not a huge loss if the price does not drop lower. Still, it must be the only game from past year BB that I forgot to also get on Amazon...

Madness

Price drops on Halo 5, Gears Ultimate and Gears 4 showing. Gears 4 down to $67, Gears Ultimate to $44, Halo 5 back to $64. Amazon has just been solid, I mean if you did this, you get 30% off these games.

I did get a CS to price adjust Battlefront, kind of want to do it for these games too, but Gears 4 had automatically adjusted to $74 a while back, here's hoping it adjusts to $67 as well.

Hey guys I have a couple of preorders from E3 and I saw that the Uncharted Collection dropped to $67. Will this be reflected on my preorder price or do I have to contact them?

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes.

Edit: Spoke to an Amazon CSR, quick response and yeah the lowest price will be assured.

Ventara

Hey guys I have a couple of preorders from E3 and I saw that the Uncharted Collection dropped to $67. Will this be reflected on my preorder price or do I have to contact them?

Thanks in advance,

Best wishes.

Nope. Price is locked in. Sorry. :(

It'll change by tomorrow. Contact them if you want it changed immediately, though.

Nope. Price is locked in. Sorry. :(

It'll change by tomorrow. Contact them if you want it changed immediately, though.

Just spoke with an agent and she said the lowest price will be considered when the item is being shipped and the 30% discount from E3 will be applied to it. All possible price drops are in the system apparently. Hopefully anyway.

Thanks though, I'll probably just contact them one before they ship just in case. I've saved the conversation.

Best wishes.

Sora_N

Correct. The game pieces are the only thing you need from this pack in order to play the downloaded 1.0 on Wii U with the 2.0 portal.

I ended up ordering the PS4 version, if the game sucks I got 3 cool toys and I can use the portal to play DI 1.0 on WiiU heh.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Any good deals on cell phones lately?

My parents are looking to buy my younger brother a phone after graduating, and I've been looking at phones with them and all of the prices seem ridiculous now. The Moto G was $150 unlocked a year ago, and now it's $249.

The only other unlocked phones I'm seeing are the cheap sounding ones, are any of them decent?

Any good deals on cell phones lately?

My parents are looking to buy my younger brother a phone after graduating, and I've been looking at phones with them and all of the prices seem ridiculous now. The Moto G was $150 unlocked a year ago, and now it's $249.

The only other unlocked phones I'm seeing are the cheap sounding ones, are any of them decent?

ZenFone 2. Retailers like NCIX carry them.

Sealtest

It will definitely work out. It's just people were being impatient.

My only concern now, Some of my items that were priced down before anything else havn't been updated but went back to original price. I know amazon is great with this but I really hope I won't need to contact CSM to fix it.

Hey dudes,

Playstation TV is $29.99 on bestbuy.ca til July 2, but sold out online and in many stores.

I just went to the source and they price matched it for me.

Huh? I see it as $59.99 for the bundle and $79.99 for the standard model, you sure you weren't mistaken?

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/playstation-playstation-tv-bundle-3000469/10246629.aspx
http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product/playstation-playstation-tv-3000414/10241635.aspx

Edit: Okay Google Cache shows the standard model at $29.99, but yeah it's back to normal, weird as it should still be on sale.

Beats

Only one of my eight or nine have auto-fixed so far.

Seems to be 2 out of 8 for me. Scalebound dropped $2.50 and Sword Art Online dropped $17! I wasn't sure about SAO before, but less than $50 after tax is pretty good. I wish all the titles dropped by 10%. It would've convinced me some more on games like Dragon Quest Heroes, Mario Tennis, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Top Bottom