• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I am getting an error saying there is a problem displaying some of my orders right now. Maybe changes are happening.

edit: My Dark Souls III changed.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
I hope my Mass Effect, The Last Guardian, Rare Replay, Animal Crossing, will be updated too :)

Quick

Banned
Not sure if it's a price drop, but Horizon: Zero Dawn is at $71.99 right now. Pretty sure it was either $75 or $80 previously.

khaaan

Seems to be 2 out of 8 for me. Scalebound dropped $2.50 and Sword Art Online dropped $17! I wasn't sure about SAO before, but less than $50 after tax is pretty good. I wish all the titles dropped by 10%. It would've convinced me some more on games like Dragon Quest Heroes, Mario Tennis, and Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Wat, which one?
I have Lost Song pre-ordered on the Vita and it's sitting at $45.

My E3 orders have begun to auto-correct. My guess is they'll update as we pass some undefined time period after each price drop. Horizon was one of the first games to drop to $71.99 and that one, along with World of Final Fantasy PS4, have been corrected on my order. The later price drops aren't yet reflected on my order, but I'm guessing they'll all update in the next day or so.

See guys? No CSRs needed!

Sealtest

Those of you who have FS preorders going in to 2016 and beyond can finally rest easy! :smileyhappy:

Those orders will be transferred over to Best Buy and there will be a communication going out to your inboxes that will provide full detail and direction. @Juice0904gave some great advice – Keep track of those order numbers for your reference and thank you very much for your patience while this piece was sorted out!
BBYJuby

Thank god.

kaiyo

My E3 orders have begun to auto-correct. My guess is they'll update as we pass some undefined time period after each price drop. Horizon was one of the first games to drop to $71.99 and that one, along with World of Final Fantasy PS4, have been corrected on my order. The later price drops aren't yet reflected on my order, but I'm guessing they'll all update in the next day or so.

See guys? No CSRs needed!

Only Horizon updated for me so far. And TLG went back up to $79.9x.

Wat, which one?
I have Lost Song pre-ordered on the Vita and it's sitting at $45.

PS4 version from $79.99 to $62.99

Palehorse

DEAL

Far Cry 4 on PS4 is $24.99 at Bestbuy

Sale ends today, still 11 in stock online.

Edit: I looked, didn't see it listed here yet, so odd that the sale ends so soon??

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Oh man, I limited myself on the amount of preorders because of the ludicrous $80 prices, but now that they're dropping, I really regret not preordering more! D:

UberTag

And TLG went back up to $79.9x.
My Last Guardian price hasn't been adjusted yet but I'm still not panicking despite the price bump back to $79.96.
Mad Max has had TWO price drops since the E3 sale and when I checked earlier today, the first price drop adjustment had kicked in but the second one had not.

I hate that we have to micromanage this stuff and that adjustments appear to be random and out of sync for everyone.

Kiro

My Last Guardian price hasn't been adjusted yet but I'm still not panicking despite the price bump back to $79.96.
Mad Max has had TWO price drops since the E3 sale and when I checked earlier today, the first price drop adjustment had kicked in but the second one had not.

I hate that we have to micromanage this stuff and that adjustments appear to be random and out of sync for everyone.

If you use camelcamelcamel, even in several months you can go back and cross-reference the date your preordered and the lowest price that game has been since then. So even if it isn't updated, they record every price drop so you have that information readily available and contact CS with it. That's what I plan to do

Does anybody know which Canadian online sites I can pre-order the physical copy of Shovel Knight for Wii U? According to Yacht Club Games' website, pre-orders should be live, but I can't find one anywhere.

Any help is much appreciated!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Oh man, I limited myself on the amount of preorders because of the ludicrous $80 prices, but now that they're dropping, I really regret not preordering more! D:
It's always the same thing, we tell people not to worry about the price or whether they really want a game until right before release and they don't listen.

Palehorse

I think we mentioned it late last week.

Yup there it is, a few pages back.

Given that it's been on sale for a week and still copies available online I guess it's not that sought after. $25 is my breaking point for buying it given the fun I had with #3 balanced with the buzz that it's just more of the same.

I'm picking up a copy after work.

Lexxism

That's weird bacause I have some math problems with my order containing it and they said Ac was excluded from deal as it's marked as limited edition.
Get your order subtotal and multiply it to 0.30. If it's the same with your "E3 30% off promo" then all of your order got a 30% discount.

the3ye

Get your order subtotal and multiply it to 0.30. If it's the same with your "E3 30% off promo" then all of your order got a 30% discount.
Well it's not. That's what confuses me.
I think it's because of star wars deluxe, but they told me it's marked with 30% promo in my order. I'll talk to them again

Enilced2

Hm Ratchet and Clank is the only one that self adjusted so far. Transformers, Horizon, Scalebound and Rare haven't yet... Oh well give them a couple days before I question it haha

kevin1025

Banned
Dishonored: Definitive Edition was also adjusted from $54.99 to $49.49.

Well it's not. That's what confuses me.
I think it's because of star wars deluxe, but they told me it's marked with 30% promo in my order. I'll talk to them again

Battlefront Deluxe unfortunately didn't work. I had it in my original order and the 30% didn't apply, but then for the standard edition it was applied. Weird that it said it was but wasn't!

I honestly don't think you have to micromanage anything, everyone just seems oddly on edge about their orders not updating for some reason. Last year, Amazon dutifully updated pre-orders after random sales or price drops. They have a whole system built for this. It just takes time. If the prices don't drop on your order after a week, definitely complain to a CSR, but the orders don't update within hours and that's always been the case.

Part of me wishes I preordered Assassin's Creed Syndicate after seeing it fall to $64.99 but I refuse to buy Ubisoft games over $30. I just got Unity for $25 2 months ago and I think that'd the best price of an Assassin's Creed game personally.

Also none of my orders updated the price drops but I did talk to a CSR yesterday and she said to not worry. I will use camelcamelcamel right before the launch of each game and verify if I'm being scammed though.

Best wishes.

UberTag

Part of me wishes I preordered Assassin's Creed Syndicate after seeing it fall to $64.99 but I refuse to buy Ubisoft games over $30. I just got Unity for $25 2 months ago and I think that'd the best price of an Assassin's Creed game personally.
If there's one company whose games you should never have remorse about NOT pre-ordering, it's Ubisoft.
Some other companies have taken their sweet time reducing game prices but Ubisoft is still pretty reliable in that department.

the3ye

Dishonored: Definitive Edition was also adjusted from $54.99 to $49.49.

Battlefront Deluxe unfortunately didn't work. I had it in my original order and the 30% didn't apply, but then for the standard edition it was applied. Weird that it said it was but wasn't!
They matched my order with BB deal for deluxe. I told them the have it for deluxe and asked if I can have it from amazon. They reduced price manualy to 60 bucks to match 30% and told me if MSRP goes lower they will adjust it. Its for $80 atm.

Tuck

Bunch more got adjusted, though still more to come I think.

Last Gardian for 71.99 minus an additional 30% off baby.

vinnygambini

Why are strippers at the U.N. bad when they're great at strip clubs???
Ratchek & Clank got adjusted. Still missing a few such as Mass Effect, Animal Crossing & The Last Guardian.

Sealtest

I really really hope ebgames won't be getting exclusive content for cyber sleuth.

Since i'll be buying ps4 and vita versions i'd wanna save some money somehow.

kevin1025

Banned
They matched my order with BB deal for deluxe. I told them the have it for deluxe and asked if I can have it from amazon. They reduced price manualy to 60 bucks to match 30% and told me if MSRP goes lower they will adjust it. Its for $80 atm.

Ah, I see. Hopefully it doesn't become something you have to watch and deal with often in case fluctuations mess up the discount. That would be super annoying to deal with.

Top Bottom