• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Have people had any luck getting The Last Guardian PS3 preorders changed to PS4? Sitting on a $40 preorder from Futureshop.

baconcow

Nice, Horizon, Dark Souls 3, and Person 4 Dancing lowered. I wish I had pre-ordered more.

Have people had any luck getting The Last Guardian PS3 preorders changed to PS4? Sitting on a $40 preorder from Futureshop.

No, I am still sitting on my PS3 Person 5 ($35) and PS3 The Last Guardian ($40).

Far Cry 4 for 24.99. Add a penny for free shipping? Really, Best Buy?

Well The Last Guardian finally got adjusted for me but I'm still waiting on Ratchet, both Uncharted's, Horizon and Deus Ex. At least now I know it'll happen overtime.

the3ye

Ah, I see. Hopefully it doesn't become something you have to watch and deal with often in case fluctuations mess up the discount. That would be super annoying to deal with.
Ahm, uhm I ended up with Battlefront Deluxe for $42 before tax and additional %30 off for Assassin's....
And I just wanted a $5 adjustment.

And a bonus for all impatient
Please disregard the price that is mentioned in your order, XXX . Whenever you pre-order an item, the price we charge when we ship it to you will be the lowest price offered by Amazon.ca between the time you placed your order and the price the item sells for when it's released.If the price changes before the item ships, you'll see the updated price in Your Account within 24-48 hours of the price change. If the price changes after your shipment is already being prepared, you'll receive a refund within 24-48 hours of the release date

jholmes

Does anybody know which Canadian online sites I can pre-order the physical copy of Shovel Knight for Wii U? According to Yacht Club Games' website, pre-orders should be live, but I can't find one anywhere.

Any help is much appreciated!

Only bestbuy.ca has Shovel Knight pre-orders, but they're double the MSRP and they don't have Wii U so don't bother there.

I asked them on Kickstarter what the deal was with that and they said they're looking into it.

zroid

Banned
Pizza Hut's $10 daily specials are pretty good. Got a Large Supreme pizza tonight for $10.

yes I like Pizza Hut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ usually it's too overpriced though

the3ye

What. I... teach me your ways!

I just wanted to have it adjusted from $80.99. They said they will honor my order price $60 ( manualy deducted 30% off 89.99) as a base for %30 discount + they were sorry for misunderstanding about them saying AC is not eligible for E3 promo and they will add additional 30%

Ventara

Pizza Hut's $10 daily specials are pretty good. Got a Large Supreme pizza tonight for $10.

yes I like Pizza Hut ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ usually it's too overpriced though

A large for $10? That is a good deal, and I like them a lot, too. Really cheesy and oily, but delicious and not too bad for your health once in a while.

Edit: Why can't they have one meat pizza that doesn't have bacon/pepperoni on it?

Edit 2: Oh wait, you can customize it.

Boxing day sales are the best for Printers, if you can hold on. Tons of options around 50 bucks with wireless printing and since the build quality is so terrible it's right about time to switch up anyway.

BadHand

Sweet, Horizon also got adjusted.

I guess they are random, mine is still at $79.99.

My Ratchet and Clank and Fallout 4 pre-orders adjusted though. I'll give it a few more days and get in touch of nothing happens, but it seems to be applied accurately with people.

kevin1025

Banned
Deus Ex: Mankind Divided has been adjusted. To $62.99.

Edit: I see others have mentioned this before. Still, that's a crazy price (considering games are $79.99 now).

Palehorse

I see that Horizon and Battlefront have been adjusted to $72, but Deus Ex is still sitting at $70. They are doing it, just kinda slowly.

Still. Viva la discount!

Boxing day sales are the best for Printers, if you can hold on. Tons of options around 50 bucks with wireless printing and since the build quality is so terrible it's right about time to switch up anyway.

There's usually one or two on sale for about $50 or less every week. They make their money on the ink anyway.

That said, if you just need a printer (not an all-in-one) get a laser one for about $100: pricier but more cost-efficient in terms of ink. If you don't need colour, get a black and white one. Duplex is also nice to have.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Digital deluxe? Yeah wish I could have early adopted.
So happy I found an ambassador 3ds before they disappeared.

I got the Ambassador things on a Majora Mask New3DS. I think I'll be able to pay my future kids' university fees with that.

Kiro

What's everyone's e3 savings average per game right now? At 21 games I'm averaging less than $52 a game after tax.

Beats 80 before tax that's for sure.

Dazzler

All my 3DS ambassador games are on a White XL I brought over from Europe with me

Pity region locking renders it pretty useless other than that, though

Stage On

Still waiting on Amazon to price adjust Project X Zone 2 but everything else that had a lowered price for Canada day is now fixed in my orders.

Should I get a wii u basic? It's rare and white!

Edit: subtext wtb wii u

Lol yeah I got that white basic model over 2 and a half years ago during that Costco clear out of wii u at $199.

The only reason I've kept it so long is the perception that it might be rare one day.

Lol yeah I got that white basic model over 2 and a half years ago during that Costco clear out of wii u at $199.

The only reason I've kept it so long is the perception that it might be rare one day.

Got mine for that price at The Source via price matching with Walmart who didn't have anymore in July 2013! :D

kennah

Aren't those OOS everywhere?
There's one on Kijiji for 250 with mk8. It's been listed for weeks.

More likely will jump on a 32gig that comes with a bunch of games I want. I won't have the cash for a couple weeks. Have a bunch of club Nintendo games to redeem before the 31st. Darn that lack of unified account.

zroid

Banned
There's one on Kijiji for 250 with mk8. It's been listed for weeks.

More likely will jump on a 32gig that comes with a bunch of games I want. I won't have the cash for a couple weeks. Have a bunch of club Nintendo games to redeem before the 31st. Darn that lack of unified account.

have you tried redeeming your codes on the web? not sure if it'll work if it's for a console your ID isn't linked to, but it's worth a try anyways

Top Bottom