• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I guess they are random, mine is still at $79.99.

My Ratchet and Clank and Fallout 4 pre-orders adjusted though. I'll give it a few more days and get in touch of nothing happens, but it seems to be applied accurately with people.

Indicative of the randomness as my Horizon pre-order just for adjusted yet I'm still waiting on Ratchet & Clank and Uncharted Collection. That being said, all of my other pre-orders did get adjusted. Hoping Need for Speed gets a drop soon. Any odds of them dropping in price below the $60 mark for some games? Sort of like what happened to Street Fighter V.

Best wishes.

Boxing day sales are the best for Printers, if you can hold on. Tons of options around 50 bucks with wireless printing and since the build quality is so terrible it's right about time to switch up anyway.

There's usually one or two on sale for about $50 or less every week. They make their money on the ink anyway.

That said, if you just need a printer (not an all-in-one) get a laser one for about $100: pricier but more cost-efficient in terms of ink. If you don't need colour, get a black and white one. Duplex is also nice to have.

I was hoping for sub-200$ TVs ahah.

And yeah for the printer I had a laser one (loved of), but I now need an all-in-one/color/wireless one. Can't wait until Boxing Day sadly, I need it for school.

Was planning to buy my ink on Amazon (the unofficial ones). That's what I did for my laser printer, the toners were like 80% cheaper.

Sealtest

Alright right thread this time!

anyone else with a few items left from amazon orders that havn't auto adjusted? I expected all mine to be done by now but 3 of mine still aren't done.

Bunch of mine didn't update but I guess they weren't part of the promotion.

Star Fox
Zelda NX
Zelda Triforce
Fallout PC
Mass Effect PC
Mario Maker

Sealtest

I'm still waiting on ratchet and clank, Nier and fire emblem.

More then likely will change later tonight or tmw i'll open a chat sunday if not changed by then.

Got mine for that price at The Source via price matching with Walmart who didn't have anymore in July 2013! :D

I'm old enough to remember the Sega Saturn, and the U seems to be emulating that console what with the early clear out sales less than 9 months after release, and then it stays at the same price for a really long time...

Those who are patient will see the sub $150 U's this holiday when the ps4 and One bring out their heavy AAA releases.

Mario Maker pre ordered. And like 8 or so ps4 and One titles for this year lol.

UberTag

I'm still waiting on ratchet and clank, Nier and fire emblem.

More then likely will change later tonight or tmw i'll open a chat sunday if not changed by then.
I'm kind of in the same boat. All but four of my games have been auto-updated.
Still waiting on Garden Warfare 2, Madden NFL 16, Trackmania Turbo and Tearaway Unfolded.
Will touch base with Amazon on Monday if they're still at their original prices.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
XXmm1YZ.png

kennah

Woot! The ps3 that I've been complaining about not loading discs, I called a repair guy for a quote and he started telling me about what he was going to do. And I though, that sounds kinda simple to check, so I did it! Turns out there was a business card shoved in there, so nothing needed replacing.

Watching Guardians of the Galaxy right now to celebrate and might pick up my first disc game from the bargain bin tonight. What ps3 exclusive should I check out? Never played uncharted, so thinking about that.

Hilti92

It's not unlocked. It's under Eastlink. From my understanding, someone who is currently with them can use the phone, just not someone from another company? And they won't have to take over my contract? I just want to get rid of it before I drop it and break it.

kennah

It's not unlocked. It's under Eastlink. From my understanding, someone who is currently with them can use the phone, just not someone from another company? And they won't have to take over my contract? I just want to get rid of it before I drop it and break it.
IPhone 6 still gets 550 to 700 on Kijiji depending on condition and size. That is a terrible deal for you dude.

Quick

Banned
Hey guys, plan on trying to trade my iPhone 6 next month for a PS4. Think I'll get any offers on kijiji?

You can ask for more than just a PS4 if you want to trade solely.

If it's in good condition, even if it's locked, you can get more for an iPhone.

Past

The PS4 price for J-Stars on PSN makes no sense. The Vita version is 39.99, the PS3 version is 49.99 so why the hell is the PS4 version 69.99? Shouldn't it be 59.99? I'd probably have to settle for the Vita version at this point and wait for the PS4 version to go on sale eventually.

Hilti92

You can ask for more than just a PS4 if you want to trade solely.

If it's in good condition, even if it's locked, you can get more for an iPhone.
It's still in great shape. No scratches. And yeah, I'll ask for PS4 and games. I just know I'm going to get the phone ruined from work and then it will be worth nothing. I do take care of my devices but I work construction and am required to have my phone on me.

i-Jest

The PS4 price for J-Stars on PSN makes no sense. The Vita version is 39.99, the PS3 version is 49.99 so why the hell is the PS4 version 69.99? Shouldn't it be 59.99? I'd probably have to settle for the Vita version at this point and wait for the PS4 version to go on sale eventually.

Maybe they want to keep most PS4 titles at a specific price point.

kennah

Anyone want a ds4 for $50 shipped anywhere on Canada? I picked one up for my ps3 thinking it would work but no home button is kinda useless.

BadWolf

Last Guardian got adjust as well, now all that remains is Nier 2 I think.

We are basically getting the games for like 40% off combined with the E3 deal :eek:

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I've missed most of this adjustment talk because of work. Is Amazon doing it on their own or do I have to contact them for this?

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
I've missed most of this adjustment talk because of work. Is Amazon doing it on their own or do I have to contact them for this?

It's automatic, you just have to be patient.

UberTag

We are basically getting the games for like 40% off combined with the E3 deal :eek:
Except for the few games that didn't have the 10% discount applied to them. But yeah, by and large, we're looking at over 35% off on most of these.

Only auto-adjustment I'm waiting on now is Tearaway Unfolded. Ironically, I think my Nier 2 discount was one of the first that kicked in.

Yup! Exact figure is 37% (apply the 10% discount first, then 30% off that), though in many cases that's off the $79.99 MSRP I still refuse to acknowledge as real. The good news is even off an assumed $59.99 MSRP (the one I believe is real in my dreamland where the dollar didn't tank), the new prices represent a 16% discount. Not great, but not too shabby. For comparison, the original 30% discount off $79.99 represented a ~7% discount over the 2013 MSRP of $59.99.

It'll adjust on its own. Amazon's working through all the pre-orders in what appears to be a random process, so some games will update faster than others and games on your order may update before or after the same game on other people's orders. FWIW, every game that had a price drop on my three orders has now updated.

Top Bottom