• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

farisr

anyone else with a few items left from amazon orders that havn't auto adjusted? I expected all mine to be done by now but 3 of mine still aren't done.

For me now nearly all have been adjusted thankfully, only Gears 4 remains. It is pretty random. Probably will get adjusted over the next day or so.

baconcow

I've missed most of this adjustment talk because of work. Is Amazon doing it on their own or do I have to contact them for this?

Mine keep updating at different times. All have changed, now, except Final Fantasy VII Remake, Disgaea 5, Super Mario Maker, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, Fire Emblem Fates, and The Legend of Zelda TriForce Heroes. Not sure if those were even part of the sale.

Amazon states it will happen in 24-48 hours, but some of mine took longer.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Mine keep updating at different times. All have changed, now, except Final Fantasy VII Remake, Disgaea 5, Super Mario Maker, Mario and Luigi Paper Jam, Fire Emblem Fates, and The Legend of Zelda TriForce Heroes. Not sure if those were even part of the sale.

I don't know about all of them but most of those didn't have the 10% discount. Do yourself a favour and set up price alerts on http://ca.camelcamelcamel.com/.

zroid

Banned
I was thinking of probably canceling my preorder of the new 3DS Animal Crossing game, but with this bonus 10% discount... it's more tempting to keep it... D:

kinger

FE: Fates dropped to $44.99, I don't know about Disgaea, but the rest I'm pretty sure didn't drop in price.

I was thinking of probably canceling my preorder of the new 3DS Animal Crossing game, but with this bonus 10% discount... it's more tempting to keep it... D:

Same :/

Anyone happen to know when Apple does their summer sale/student sale thing? (I was told they do that). Girlfriend needs a Macbook Pro for school (although I wish she was just allowed to get a Razer Blade, haha).

zroid

Banned
I'm not sure if everyone knows this, but FYI the 30% discount on Amazon is not static. So it's not like you're going to get 40% off the original price now.

The 30% readjusts to the new 10% discounted price -- so overall you are going to get 37% off the original price.

krae_man

Of the 14 games I preordered on Amazon.ca, 8 have auto adjusted.

Haven't paid attention so I haven't noticed if Paper Jam, Triforce Heros, No Mans Sky, FFVII Remake, Mario Maker, or South Park have dropped or not.

Good stuff.

UberTag

Of the 14 games I preordered on Amazon.ca, 8 have auto adjusted.

Haven't paid attention so I haven't noticed if Paper Jam, Triforce Heros, No Mans Sky, FFVII Remake, Mario Maker, or South Park have dropped or not.

Good stuff.
I can confirm that all of those non-3DS titles never received a 10% reduction last week. So nothing to wait for there.

Kieli

Anyone know why gas prices are still so bad while dollar is rekt?

Even though dollar was initially rekt, I took great solace in paying cheap, cheap gas.

Now gas is expensive and dollar is still shite.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
So my 3 years old Sony Bravia is already dying, and I'm out of a job in 3 weeks... Is there, by any miracle, an incredible deal on a decent TV right now? Otherwise I guess I should try to wait until Boxing Day...?

i-Jest

Anyone happen to know when Apple does their summer sale/student sale thing? (I was told they do that). Girlfriend needs a Macbook Pro for school (although I wish she was just allowed to get a Razer Blade, haha).

Anyone know?

So my 3 years old Sony Bravia is already dying, and I'm out of a job in 3 weeks... Is there, by any miracle, an incredible deal on a decent TV right now? Otherwise I guess I should try to wait until Boxing Day...?

Might be a decent starting point.

What's the cheapest way to get dying light PS4? It seems like this game is never going to drop in price...

They probably need to make their money back considering that price glitch for the digital version on the Gamestop US site before it's release.

the3ye

Can I hear the story? (if you have a moment to spare)
Gamestop was selling DL Season Pass for $20, but it turned out to be a code for full game. They honored the sales and also gave codes for Season Pass later. So for $20 we've got full game and Season Pass

Gamestop was selling DL Season Pass for $20, but it turned out to be a code for full game. They honored the sales and also gave codes for Season Pass later. So for $20 we've got full game and Season Pass

I was never actually given the season pass.

I should complain... lol.

jred2k

It's too bad Prime is such a terrible value proposition for 364 other days of the year. Considering all of the pre-orders I now have with Amazon it might be worth seeing if the deals make it a bit more attractive.

Wurdfurd

It's too bad Prime is such a terrible value proposition for 364 other days of the year. Considering all of the pre-orders I now have with Amazon it might be worth seeing if the deals make it a bit more attractive.

depends how much you order from amazon, definitely worth the 79 for me, but i can see how it wouldnt be if you only order a few items a year

MarkusRJR

Just tried the 30 day prime membership trial since I bought a vacuum (they have a sale on Hoover vacuums). I'll see how the July 15th sale goes and I'll decide if I keep it or not.

If I do end up keeping it, can I add the free two day shipping to my E3 pre-orders?

The North American PS3 version of Nier is available at Videogames plus for $29.99 brand new
vgp.ca

https://www.videogamesplus.ca/nier-ps3-p-16837.html

Cheaper than used eBay prices.
Damn, why couldn't it have been the 360 version? My copy got damaged at a friend's place and now it barely plays. So hard to find new copies for a reasonable price. :(

explodet

When did "Boxing Day/Week in July" become a thing?

Were we spending a lot of money and the stores wanted a little more? Or were we blowing all our money on summer blockbusters and BBQ lighter fluid and the stores were all "fuck that, me wantee"?

When did "Boxing Day/Week in July" become a thing?

Were we spending a lot of money and the stores wanted a little more? Or were we blowing all our money on summer blockbusters and BBQ lighter fluid and the stores were all "fuck that, me wantee"?

I swear it used to be early June.

Stores and warehouses will generally have a lot of overstock from Christmas that they need to move as they start planning their fall/Christmas layouts. You could always see a lot of good deals early to mid-June.

I haven't really seen anything of note these past couple of years though. Maybe it's a July thing now?

It says its for Amazon 20th birthday.

20 fucking years already?!

I feel old.

kaiyo

Just tried the 30 day prime membership trial since I bought a vacuum (they have a sale on Hoover vacuums). I'll see how the July 15th sale goes and I'll decide if I keep it or not.

If I do end up keeping it, can I add the free two day shipping to my E3 pre-orders?

Damn, why couldn't it have been the 360 version? My copy got damaged at a friend's place and now it barely plays. So hard to find new copies for a reasonable price. :(

You can change it to the free two day shipping with your trial.

You can change it to the free two day shipping with your trial.

I just ordered Prime (No trial but I was planning on getting it anyway, not just for this sale) and whenever I try to select two day shipping it adds a charge to my E3 preorders.

I sent in a ticket with my order numbers.

Edit: And they already got back to me. Apparently it is not standard practice to upgrade orders that were made before prime membership but they are doing it for me because I am super special (I am sure they will do it for everyone).

Edit: On some of the orders the person put express instead of two day shipping. The orders are set to arrive the same day as they ship before 8pm. Fuck up in my favour?

Top Bottom