• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I really hope a lot of pre-order games will drop on July 15th. That would be nice especially with 30% off :D

dreams_quote_2.jpg

espher

I know this is a long shot, but is anyone aware of any good buys on Fortune Street for the Wii? I'll go the eBay route if I need to, but the only copy I could find here was like $60 at Walmart and it eventually disappeared.

Quenk

I know this is a long shot, but is anyone aware of any good buys on Fortune Street for the Wii? I'll go the eBay route if I need to, but the only copy I could find here was like $60 at Walmart and it eventually disappeared.

What do you consider a good buy? Amazon has copies from $25 and up

Sora_N

If you can ask your local shoppers stores they may have copies lying around for $20. Super ymmv though.

I know the store I worked at basically barely sold games so they were stashed in the managers office.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
If you can ask your local shoppers stores they may have copies lying around for $20. Super ymmv though.

I know the store I worked at basically barely sold games so they were stashed in the managers office.

Many stores in Toronto had Fortune Street for $19.99 in the bargain bins for years. I see less and less of them now, but definitely worth a shot.

Prime would be worth it if they bothered to add the streaming stuff here. Without it, it's really not that great a value.

My feelings as well. Maybe if they took the price down even further I'd consider it. But being in Toronto, I get all my stuff on release day. It would strictly be for all my other, none-new release game orders.

As everyone said, I bought my copy a couple of months ago from the bargain bin on Shoppers, so glad to finally own it, amazing game with friends/

Prime would be worth it if they bothered to add the streaming stuff here. Without it, it's really not that great a value.

I like that I can at least cancel it at any time and get some of my money back.

I am going to give it a shot for a while since my Batman shipped late from them even though I am in Toronto. Also, I am saving a ton of money on my orders so I don't mind at least giving it a shot for a year.

Otherwise, it is really disappointing that they haven't been able to get their streaming worked out in Canada. The price should be cheaper.

Past

Prime is only worth it if you're a student imo. The regular price is like $80 a year? That's crazy expensive for what it provides.

Quick

Banned
Prime is only worth it if you're a student imo. The regular price is like $80 a year? That's crazy expensive for what it provides.

I wouldn't be paying for Prime if this was the cost. I don't buy enough from Amazon to make it worth that. Student pricing is where it's at.

Dazzler

$80 for Prime is hilariously overpriced for what you get in Canada

will probably pick up Borderlands Handsome Collection this week. $35 on Xbox (digital) or $40 physical at EB

I prefer physical so will probably go down that route

etta

my hard graphic balls
Woah, did publishers drop game prices back to 64.99-69.99?? My Amazon E3 preorders are now:

FIFA 16 Xbox One - 64.96
Forza Motorsport 6 - 67.49
Star Wars Battlefront Xbox One - 64.96
Halo 5 - 64.96
The Division Xbox One - 69.96
Uncharted 4 - 71.99

These all used to be at least 74.99 and some 79.99.

Woah, did publishers drop game prices back to 64.99-69.99?? My Amazon E3 preorders are now:

FIFA 16 Xbox One - 64.96
Halo 5 - 64.96
Uncharted 4 - 71.99

Some of them (CoD, battlefront, Syndicate), have randomly dropped to 65. The more random prices are because Amazon just had a sale where a lot of games were 10% off, and you get the lowest price offered.

FIFA 16 Xbox One - 64.96
Halo 5 - 64.96
Uncharted 4 - 71.99

Some of them (CoD, battlefront, Syndicate), have randomly dropped to 65. The more random prices are because Amazon just had a sale where a lot of games were 10% off, and you get the lowest price offered.

This is good news which makes my day.

etta

my hard graphic balls
Nice, then I'm only paying 45$ for most of those before tax. Crazy.

DJ_Lae

I'm in the minority here but I happily pay the $80 for Prime every year, even without the goodies in the US. I order a good number of silly little things, and being able to nab a sub-$5 blu-ray or something similar with no shipping and receive it a day or two later is great.

Their prices on home and grocery incidentals could use some work, though. But I don't really want to go back and calculate how much I spent there in the past year.

Yup, it's great. Only one of the games on my preorder list still $79.99, all the others dropped to $71.99. With the E3 promotion and including tax, all games (minus that one) come in under $57 now. Awesome.

Just noticed my Steam Controller and Link now show a release date of November 11th despite the fact that I originally ordered them both with an October16th date.

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
Sorry I didn't post the $3 PS4 Project Cars + LE Upgrade from Amazon.com as soon as I saw Wario64 tweet it. I got it myself then went to make myself a bite to eat and now it's gone.

Roto13

Sorry I didn't post the $3 PS4 Project Cars + LE Upgrade from Amazon.com as soon as I saw Wario64 tweet it. I got it myself then went to make myself a bite to eat and now it's gone.

Now you're obligated to give yours to someone in this thread.

Jinto

Amazon just shipped the Final Fantasy guide box set thingy. I completely forgot I pre-ordered this.

Having a proper FFIX guide is pretty cool. I remember buying that crappy one back in the day where you had to go online for everything.

Firestar

Is Steins;Gate getting a physical release in Canada?

I think it's assumed that we are, they had stated they want to give us a physical release in NA. None of the retailers have it up yet though because they are trying to sell us the limited edition that Rice Digital has up. I expect it to go up on usual retailers closer to release.

espher

Thanks for the info re: Fortune Street, folks.

I think there's one Shoppers here that sells games - I'll check it out. If all else fails, Amazon for $25 might be the way to go.

Anth0ny

I kept putting off Fortune Street even though I saw it for $20 at Shoppers all the time... of course, when the time came to buy random games for Club Nintendo points, it was nowhere to be found ; _ ;

No_Style

FIFA 16 Xbox One - 64.96
Halo 5 - 64.96
Uncharted 4 - 71.99

All the xx.96 prices are Amazon.ca matching Walmart's offers.

khaaan

CRAP I just realized I forgot to pre order Street Fighter V off of Amazon :(

I had a pre-order from when it first came at $50 but I cancelled it because I was going to re-order it during the E3 sale.

UberTag

I had a pre-order from when it first came at $50 but I cancelled it because I was going to re-order it during the E3 sale.
Man, that sucks. At least Amazon has dropped the price back down from $79.99 to $74.99... but I'm sure you'd rather be paying $41.97 with the rest of us.

mf.luder

Well, it happened. I just looked at my pulse elites and they are cracking, might not even last until the end of the day today. Looks like I'm going to pick up a pair of Sony golds. Any deals that I might've missed?

@Wreck

well if its not out till 2016

maybe its after E3 and you can do a second round of pre-orders at the 20-30%

hope man!

Zeeman

So I think I might take advantage of the Walmart n3DS XL deal (free Smash or Pokemon OR/AS), only because I need to replace my 3DS anyway. Anyone have any recommendations on Smash 3DS vs. OR/AS? I have a Wii U, but don't have Smash, and the last Pokemon I played was Gen II, if that helps.

Well, it happened. I just looked at my pulse elites and they are cracking, might not even last until the end of the day today. Looks like I'm going to pick up a pair of Sony golds. Any deals that I might've missed?

Lol the Sony Golds aren't any better in build quality

Worse, even

Daily reminder to check Craigslist and Kijiji, fellas. Got this sweet deal for $25, everything mint.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Holy fucking shit, I am incredibly jealous. Congratulations!

Top Bottom