• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
So I think I might take advantage of the Walmart n3DS XL deal (free Smash or Pokemon OR/AS), only because I need to replace my 3DS anyway. Anyone have any recommendations on Smash 3DS vs. OR/AS? I have a Wii U, but don't have Smash, and the last Pokemon I played was Gen II, if that helps.
Since you have a Wii U, get ORAS. Otherwise, I would have recommended Smash.

There should've been a 3DS to Wii U save transfer tool when the Wii U version came out. I had to unlock characters all over again. And doing the challenges from scratch also sucks (even though they're different challenges).

Too bad Smash Run is 3DS-exclusive.

Those and Bushido Blade look so out of place among the rest of these games.

Well done, dude!

Wow regardless of the price, it's pretty insane how untouched they look. Great find.

yMWBkDc.jpg

Every single game is literally SCRATCH-FREE with all promotional materials (including multiple PlayStation Underground pamphlets) untouched

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I think it's assumed that we are, they had stated they want to give us a physical release in NA. None of the retailers have it up yet though because they are trying to sell us the limited edition that Rice Digital has up. I expect it to go up on usual retailers closer to release.
I believe it's going to be Amazon exclusive for the physical release.
Oh, just talked to my buddy, since E3 it was clarified they would have NA physical releases coming August 25th.
The only entry on it is a UK import from the company that has it... for 80 bucks. I hope they're doing better than that anyway...

No it's some bullshit, a medium is about the size of two normal slices, less even because there's more crust with a whole pizza.

I'd say 2-3 is accurate. My gf and I split a 12" pizza often, and we finish with 1 or 2 slices remaining, and that's if I was really hungry.

Dunno how you guys are eating entire medium pizzas

They probably calculate it more by calorie count than how full you feel

They might also be doing that thing where "a portion of pizza is part of a healthy, balanced diet that includes a variety of foods across the food pyramid," aka "we're pretending you aren't just going to eat nothing but pizza for dinner so the portions are smaller."

Dazzler

I had two slices of Meat Lovers pizza at lunchtime there and I feel like shit now. Probably should have split them with 1-3 more people

MisterJoynt

Neo Member
They might also be doing that thing where "a portion of pizza is part of a healthy, balanced diet that includes a variety of foods across the food pyramid," aka "we're pretending you aren't just going to eat nothing but pizza for dinner so the portions are smaller."

Quoted for your Avatar.

image.php

DJ_Lae

I only see medium for mine. Local deal perhaps?

I can only order mediums here too.

Though at the moment I'd sooner use the SPL50 code for Papa John's and get 50% off an order (this includes everything from pizza to wings and sides). Think it expires today or tomorrow.

Renewed

Something I'm confused about: I checked my Best Buy E3 preorder but I noticed that it was cancelled. The order consisted of games that wouldn't release until September at the earliest. The order method was through Paypal which is tied to a credit card that will expire next month.

Did it cancel because of the credit card's expiration date or because they tried to charge me and it didn't go through (I'd assume they were putting a hold down... no idea honestly)?

Whether or not I can get it back doesn't matter to me as much, because I don't feel like spending money on many games anymore.

Felldoh

Infamous Second Son is listed for $9.96 although it's sold out online you can still find copies in stores. Great deal if you haven't played it yet!

Infamous Second Son ($9.96) - http://www.thesource.ca/estore/prod...log=Online&category=PS4_Games&product=8010336

I also noticed that Best Buy is listing the PS Vita version of Borderlands 2 for $9.97, I'm going to pick a copy up so I can cross-save with my PS4 copy! This is also sold out online but you can find it in for purchase in stores. Don't know when or if this deal expires seeing it isn't listed as a sale.

Borderlands 2 for PS Vita ($9.97) - http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-CA/product...spx?path=e2e22eaad67d5591bd998edc516287afen02

MarkusRJR

Damn that Bayonetta 2 deal is probably the best we're going to get until the game gets impossible to find and rises in price like most out of print Nintendo games.

Damn it, I just bought a bunch of Amiibos and can't afford it now.

Well, it happened. I just looked at my pulse elites and they are cracking, might not even last until the end of the day today. Looks like I'm going to pick up a pair of Sony golds. Any deals that I might've missed?

As luck would have it, I just found the wireless adapter for my other set of Sony headphones.

There suckers:
http://store.sony.com/ps3-wireless-...8085/cat-27-catid-EOL-PlayStation-Accessories

If you are interested in a used set, send me a PM, and I'm sure we can work out a good deal. I already have a set of elites (I may even be willing to let go of those if you'd rather have those), so I'm not keen to hold onto them.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Damn that Bayonetta 2 deal is probably the best we're going to get until the game gets impossible to find and rises in price like most out of print Nintendo games.

Damn it, I just bought a bunch of Amiibos and can't afford it now.

Sigh, I had been following this quite closely hoping that it would go lower. Around 2 weeks ago it was $55, now $50. Well, if RFD took notice might as well PM with Bestbuy and hope to get a Wii U soon. :/

FluxWaveZ

I might be recalling this incorrectly, but Aksys did sell the watches separately after VLR came out, and at that point they were at least shipping to Canada. It's how I got mine after having to buy VLR digitally on the Vita.

It'd be cool if we could at least get it with the game. I don't want to have to deal with Amazon.com for this.

Sigh, I had been following this quite closely hoping that it would go lower. Around 2 weeks ago it was $55, now $50. Well, if RFD took notice might as well PM with Bestbuy and hope to get a Wii U soon. :/

Sorry, I was reluctant to post it as well but the savings aren't significant and it's not exactly a niche retailer.

Mupod

10,000 years from now I will still be pissed off at those fucking watches.

Daily reminder to check Craigslist and Kijiji, fellas. Got this sweet deal for $25, everything mint.

damn, son

I do check kijiji daily but I don't have time to do deep searches much less travel a lot. I just glance at my video games->older generation-> near my postal code bookmark. But a couple months ago I got semi-lucky and found a person across the street from me selling every Genesis game I wanted. Prices weren't mind boggling like what you got but much much better than ebay and retro game stores.

At some point I really should take the trip to downtown toronto to check out some of the stores there but I know I'll just leave disappointed.

Top Bottom