• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Ventara

Can anyone here recommend me a good pair of closed headphones? My last one just got ruined and I need a new one ASAP. Has to be closed, with detachable cord (or with bluetooth for iPhone). Budget is $100.

That used Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom is waiting for me at home. $19.99 from EB Games. Curious to see what the quality is like.

Ondore

Looking at the EB Games deal for a refurb PS3+2 games for $150, but it's online only.

Has anyone been able to use a Visa debit card on EB's website or should I make alternative arrangements?

Roto13

Looking at the EB Games deal for a refurb PS3+2 games for $150, but it's online only.

Has anyone been able to use a Visa debit card on EB's website or should I make alternative arrangements?

I'm like 80% sure that's how I pre-ordered my Shulk amiibo online but that was a while ago.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Since my Sony Bravia died, I've been searching for a decent deal on a "dumb" (as in: not Smarth) 40' HDTV. I've been looking around for a while, but I'm still really not sure of what is quality and what isn't. My budget is around $400 (ideally less, but I don't know if that's possible), and the only things I need are decent image quality, 1080p and not too much input lag. Any suggestion? I saw very cheap sets from brands like RCA and Insignia, but I couldn't find any review... Guess I should avoid those, right?

Tapejara

If you're an EDGE member and want that Black Ops 3 minifridge, check your e-mail. EB's doing one of those early pre-order things.
Why did I pre-order this thing?

Since my Sony Bravia died, I've been searching for a decent deal on a "dumb" (as in: not Smarth) 40' HDTV. I've been looking around for a while, but I'm still really not sure of what is quality and what isn't. My budget is around $400 (ideally less, but I don't know if that's possible), and the only things I need are decent image quality, 1080p and not too much input lag. Any suggestion? I saw very cheap sets from brands like RCA and Insignia, but I couldn't find any review... Guess I should avoid those, right?

One of those is just a Best Buy brand, I think it's Insignia? I've gone Sony on my last two TVs (both Smart TVs though), and they're quite nice. Samsung seems like the brand most people go to, so I'd say start there.

Edit: Yeah, it was Isignia I'm thinking of. As jholmes said below, avoid those brands.

Tapejara

I don't even like the Zombies mode, so I'll probably end up cancelling it anyway. No way I can afford the fridge in addition to whatever games come out in November.

jholmes

Thanks for this! I just purchased. Gonna strap an external HDD onto it to make up for the storage shortage.

I will soon be a squid, then a kid, then a squid, etc.

Solid pickup for $180. Any software come with it?

Also if you're getting Splatoon, is there a Toys R Us discount still active?

Definitely avoid the discount TVs. You just don't save enough given how cheap TVs are today and they can just up and break on you.

I spent about five seconds and found this LG 43" LED at Walmart for $400. I'm not necessarily recommending you go out and get it, but I am saying that at your price point there's no reason to save $25 to get a shitbox like an RCA. (I had an RCA die on me so I get a little hot under the collar about their crap TVs.)

soultron

Banned
God damn it. Would have been a great way to replace my stolen system (even if it'd need an external drive). Hopefully another deal like this comes up soon

You in the GTA? I grabbed one, but hey, if you're trying to replace your stolen unit, I'd do you a favour and just sell you this one for the same price I got it for?

I don't want it that badly. I want to be a kid, then a squid, but that's about it.

Sora_N

Uhhh...my contract is coming up on Bell, the plans have basically gone to shit, they didn't even try to offer me anything good. They actually tried to make it sound like the shit they were offering me was good lol.

When is shit ever good?

jholmes

Uhhh...my contract is coming up on Bell, the plans have basically gone to shit, they didn't even try to offer me anything good. They actually tried to make it sound like the shit they were offering me was good lol.

When is shit ever good?

Ditch Bell!

I was going to ditch Telus for Wind except my phone isn't compatible with Wind and I don't want any phones on the market right now, so I told Telus to make me an offer and they gave me a monthly discount for a year. If your carrier ain't at least doing that, find one that will.

Sora_N

Ditch Bell!

I was going to ditch Telus for Wind except my phone isn't compatible with Wind and I don't want any phones on the market right now, so I told Telus to make me an offer and they gave me a monthly discount for a year. If your carrier ain't at least doing that, find one that will.

Yeah I'm checking my options right now.

Since we are talking Wii U, how much (in Toronto) would this go for?

-Basic bundle + 500 GB external hard drive
-pro controller
-2 wiimotes and 2 nunchucks (one wiimote is 3rd party)
-Mario kart 8
-Mario galaxy

And adult owned. Pretty sure I have the box too.

Was thinking of listing at $250-$350. Fair?

-pro controller
-Mario kart 8
-Mario galaxy

Was thinking of listing at $250. Fair?

that's a steal at $250

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Definitely avoid the discount TVs. You just don't save enough given how cheap TVs are today and they can just up and break on you.

I spent about five seconds and found this LG 43" LED at Walmart for $400. I'm not necessarily recommending you go out and get it, but I am saying that at your price point there's no reason to save $25 to get a shitbox like an RCA. (I had an RCA die on me so I get a little hot under the collar about their crap TVs.)

Thanks! How about this Toshiba:

http://www.bestbuy.ca/en-ca/product...spx?path=563e598e5daebce4662200a4279348f9en02

Is it supposed to be quality? I can't really find any review of this particular model, but I guess Toshiba is a pretty good brand... right?

Ventara

-pro controller
-Mario kart 8
-Mario galaxy

Way more than fair. Don't go any lower. In fact, I'd start at $350. I haven't been keeping up with used WiiU prices, but I think that can go for $300.

Way more than fair. Don't go any lower. In fact, I'd start at $350. I haven't been keeping up with used WiiU prices, but I think that can go for $300.

Thanks (and Cisce too) for the input, very helpful. I realized I also had New Mario Bros Wii too.

I'm probably going to avoid online classifieds and try GAF first or friends-of-friends first to minimize the hassle.

soultron

Banned

-pro controller
-Mario kart 8
-Mario galaxy

If you had posted this before the $180 Basic Wii U refurb deal was posted, I totally would've taken it for 300-350. :)

Maybe PM the guy on this page who had his stolen? Perhaps he'd be interested in buying it from you?

If you had posted this before the $180 Basic Wii U refurb deal was posted, I totally would've taken it for 300-350. :)

Maybe PM the guy on this page who had his stolen? Perhaps he'd be interested in buying it from you?

Aww! And you're in Toronto too! Ah well, good suggestion though!

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?

-pro controller
-Mario kart 8
-Mario galaxy

Gah I am tempted. Stop tempting me. Wish I had the cash, good luck on your sale man.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Oh RIP, I didn't realize Google did the "Did you mean...?" thing when I entered that model number, heh.

I'm tempted to pull the trigger, but the lack of reviews is disappointing... Any opinions on Toshiba HDTVs in general?

Mupod

Heh, looked up Splatoon on Kijiji and it's like 500 pages of people trying to sell amiibos for a gorillion dollars more than retail. Zero copies of the actual game. Should just go with toysrus I guess.

I had lots of reasons for not preordering it via future shop last year but in hindsight I wish I had.

Dazzler

The video game section of Craigslist and Kijiji is infested with amiibo for sale

Convinced the majority of sales of them are just jerks looking to flip them for a profit

Top Bottom