• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

HOLY SHIT MEGATON HEADPHONE DEAL

Normally $300+ after taxes on Amazon the HD 558 from Sennheiser are only $118.99 at Best Buy before taxes. These headphones are not listed on their site.

I will upload a pic when I get home of the receipt for proof

Kieli

HOLY SHIT MEGATON HEADPHONE DEAL

Normally $300+ after taxes on Amazon the HD 558 from Sennheiser are only $118.99 at Best Buy before taxes. These headphones are not listed on their site.

I will upload a pic when I get home of the receipt for proof

Are the 558s better than the 598s? Because I've seen the latter at similar price on Amazon.

Iced

If I'm not mistaken, you can do the simple "foam mod" to 558s to make them sound like 598s. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

I own 598s and they are bliss.

Keep in mind these cans are open-back, so not ideal for commuting.

Are the 558s better than the 598s? Because I've seen the latter at similar price on Amazon.

HD 598s are the better ones, I got one ~$100 almost a year ago when it went on sale.

598 are better, but until the dollar goes up you're going to be stuck either paying the CDN$ 379.95 MSRP or the CDN$ 241.00 Amazon sale price.

Also, they use the same drivers, so you can essentially make your 558 into 598s. Kind of like a 970 overclocking to a 980, but without the whole 3.5gb thing.

If I'm not mistaken, you can do the simple "foam mod" to 558s to make them sound like 598s. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, though.

Keep in mind these cans are open-back, so not idle for commuting.

You are correct. 558s are almost the same headphones in black with foam covering the drivers.

soultron

Banned

Keep in mind these cans are open-back, so not idle for commuting.

Or office work, really. Home use is the best case, out of respect for others.

CJ1l9b2UwAAmifi.jpg:large

Quick proof using wallet to cover receipt stuff.

Can't wait to replace my HD 280 Pros.

terrible

Banned
The HD558s with the foam tape removed probably have a more consumer friendly sound than the HD598s. More bass and a bit less treble, though a bit less refined overall. So while the HD598s are technically better I still think a lot of people would still prefer modded 558s.

I have both btw

The HD558s with the foam tape removed probably have a more consumer friendly sound than the HD598s. More bass and a bit less treble, though a bit less refined overall. So while the HD598s are technically better I still think a lot of people would still prefer modded 558s.

I have both btw

And with their current Canadian price points, it's pretty much worth just going for the 558s

The mod is ridiculously easy anyways

Windam

Scaley member
Does the standard edition of Persona Q sold by Amazon.ca include the tarot cards? I mean, it's still normally $59.99, so it has to include the outer box and cards, right? Anyway, since it's $20 off I decided to order it. Would have got the Wild Cards edition but it came up to $62 even with free shipping. Too much for a 3DS game, plus I don't have an XL so the case would be too big, anyway. Tell me I did the right thing, guys.

DVCY201

Does the standard edition of Persona Q sold by Amazon.ca include the tarot cards? I mean, it's still normally $59.99, so it has to include the outer box and cards, right? Anyway, since it's $20 off I decided to order it. Would have got the Wild Cards edition but it came up to $62 even with free shipping. Too much for a 3DS game, plus I don't have an XL so the case would be too big, anyway. Tell me I did the right thing, guys.

Should come with the tarot cards, yes. At $40, I think that's the cheapest it's been. Heck, I'm thinking of buying it now...

kevin1025

Banned
do you guys who got charged for God of War have Prime?

I have it pre-ordered and not a peep so far

I have the Prime month thing until the 15th. It's weird, my shipment is express (two day shipping) and says it'll be here tomorrow, but then in the tracking section it says Wednesday. Who to believe! It's in the middle part of the In Transit section, though, so overnight shall tell the tale.

Kiro

It doesn't. Read the QandA on Amazon.ca

EDIT: I misread the QandA lol. It does have the cards.

SickBoy

Does anyone know for certain whether the Master Chief Collection code I got with my Xbox One will work for a U.S. account? Was planning to list it in the B/S/T thread (eBay seems like a PITA for a digital code), but don't want to sell it to someone who'll encounter issues.

(Conversely, if anyone here is looking for it, I was going to ask $25 US -- would accept $28Cdn... that's about $22US at real market exchange rates: enough to foot the bill for Rare Replay at Amazon)

I bought some sennheiser 650's a year or 2 ago and man what a great investment it is to buy a decent set of headphones. Sometimes when I hear music played through other means, I'm left wondering what happened and why it sounds so different/poor.

Does anyone know for certain whether the Master Chief Collection code I got with my Xbox One will work for a U.S. account? Was planning to list it in the B/S/T thread (eBay seems like a PITA for a digital code), but don't want to sell it to someone who'll encounter issues.

(Conversely, if anyone here is looking for it, I was going to ask $25 US -- would accept $28Cdn... that's about $22US at real market exchange rates: enough to foot the bill for Rare Replay at Amazon)

Hmm. I'm not sure if it will work on a US account but I do know you can change the region your account is associated with on their website.

I bought my copies of MCC and Forza Horizon 2 off of the US site using my usual Canadian account since I had about $150 worth of those Xbox Live dollars Gamestop.com was giving away.

You can just switch it back after and everything is still playable. Maybe you can do that with redeeming codes as well.

Who does Amazon use for Same Day delivery?

Edit: Apparently some company named Dynamex and they have terrible reviews from a quick Google search.

Luigi87

Well damn, no stores in my area have Deception IV: Nightmare Princess in stock, BestBuy.ca is sold out, and Amazon is now ships 1-2 months.

soultron

Banned
I've used it a few times here in Toronto, and I've not had any problems, but I'm getting it delivered to reception at work. If you're at home, yeah, it might be a different experience.

I've used it a few times here in Toronto, and I've not had any problems, but I'm getting it delivered to reception at work. If you're at home, yeah, it might be a different experience.

As long as they can figure out how to use the intercom system in the building they should be able to deliver the package.

UberTag

Thanks for the link.

Not sure if I'm more disappointed that Amazon couldn't put that on its own page, or that the deals themselves are not interesting. (Time to load up on baby diapers though...)
If those deals are what's deemed "better than Black Friday" than Black Friday is going to SUCK this year.

jholmes

Hmmm... RCA is a pretty shitty HDTV brand, right? That would be $290 for a 46 inches TV...

RCA isn't really a TV brand anymore per se, if I understand it correctly, but a brand name that other companies can license to put on their products.

So uh yeah that's really shitty.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Urgh... That's what I expected.

I hope they have more TVs on sale tomorrow, but their TV selection is already pretty poor to begin with. :/

Tapejara

Shipping Problems: Damnit Amazon, I want Godzilla now.

Deal Stuff: Bladestorm Nightmare is on sale for $54.99 at Amazon and EB Games.

Top Bottom