• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Haines

Banned
Im excited for this prime thing but im hoping it doesnt suck at the same time. Im not getting up at 3am tho. 7 is when i get up.

dream

Dunno if anyone cares, but Best Buy has Battlefield Hardline, and Dragon Age for $40 each this upcoming weekend.

MarkusRJR

So is that RCA TV the only real TV deal? I was hoping for something below $300. Plus, the RCA TV on sale for $300 is already $370 on another store I found in a 2 second search.

Kind of unimpressive deals so far, but I need a new TV so I might have to bite.

CRA5H

Who does Amazon use for Same Day delivery?

Edit: Apparently some company named Dynamex and they have terrible reviews from a quick Google search.
They are absolutely the worst. Just last week, they had me stay in the whole weekend because they confirmed twice that my package would be in for Saturday.. Then Sunday.. Then ultimately it turns out they lost my package. Never ever using same day from Amazon ever again.
They did refund me so Amazon did all they could.

CRA5H

I've used it a few times here in Toronto, and I've not had any problems, but I'm getting it delivered to reception at work. If you're at home, yeah, it might be a different experience.
They didn't bother delivering to me. They said they'd be delivering past 5pm for same day delivery.. And we have the same reception FFS! With our new reception hours, chances are there won't be anyone to receive it. I hate Dynamex.

i-Jest

I've been seeing talk about Prime Day here and there but I've been to really read through the thread on details. What is it and why are you guys hyped?

I've been seeing talk about Prime Day here and there but I've been to really read through the thread on details. What is it and why are you guys hyped?

Promising "more deals than Black Friday" on Amazon (.ca, .com, .uk, etc) tomorrow (June 15). Only for folks that have Amazon Prime (or are willing to subscribe)

terrible

Banned
would anyone recommend Bose SoundTrue Headphones? might buy them tommorow if the sale is decent

Bose headphones in general get a lot of hate from the audiophile community outside of their noise canceling models. I have never owned a pair myself so I can't say if it's justified.

This thread has a lot of info on headphones.

edit:

When does Amazon typically send out codes for preorder bonuses? Has anyone who preordered PGA tour or god of war received them yet?

I got a code for Batman emailed to me on June 25th, so a couple days after launch. I don't remember what it was lol.

soultron

Banned
Promising "more deals than Black Friday" on Amazon (.ca, .com, .uk, etc) tomorrow (June 15). Only for folks that have Amazon Prime (or are willing to subscribe)

Do the free trial, buy the deals, cancel before renewal/subscription charged. I believe Amazon stated the deals apply for trial members.

Do we have some sort of list of what's supposed to go on sale for Prime users tomorrow or are has nothing come out yet? Can't seem to find a list of products that will go on sale on Amazon Canada.

Do we have some sort of list of what's supposed to go on sale for Prime users tomorrow or are has nothing come out yet? Can't seem to find a list of products that will go on sale on Amazon Canada.

There was a link posted earlier to a news story with some of the deals, but it sounds like 90% won't be known until tomorrow.

i-Jest

I kept my SIN card in it like a complete fucking idiot so it's gonna be a fffffffun ride.

Highway to the Danger Zone, I guess.

Well you know what this means. Call your bank, the Canadian Anti Fraud Centre, your credit card company, Equifax, and whomever else to get ahead of this mess before major damage can be done.

I'm sorry this happened. It sucks when it does. I believe a few of us here in the thread can sympathize or empathize. I know I can.

I've been lucky, thankfully. I've lost my wallet twice, and I didn't even know I had the second time.

The first time was at college, where I dropped it and someone was nice enough to give it to lost and found. There was money in it, but nothing was taken. I'm really thankful to that person.

The other time was while I was running errands ten minutes away at a strip mall. I dropped it in the parking lot as I was leaving, and got a call when I got home that said my wallet had been brought into the nearby Shoppers.

the3ye

I'm happy with my worn bose headphones and was expecting to upgrade them to around-ear, but nope they only sell on-ear. Maybe in the morning?
Is that Jackery orange charger worth $20?

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
I wonder how people who signed up for Prime (even on a free trial) for this promotion feel.
Anyone who signed up for Prime just for this deal before the deal went live is dumb. My free trial ended yesterday and I wasn't going to renew it unless something compelled me to do so. So far, nothing has.

soultron

Banned
I use Prime a lot for shipping but I'm just laughing at Prime Day. If it doesn't get better midday, it will have been a complete bust.

Top Bottom