• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Kiro

If even one of dying light, Wolfenstein, ffxhd, witcher 3 or some of the wiiu titles I missed goes for a good price this day would be worth it to me.

But I'm not holding my breath.

Banned
I think it's obvious prime day wasn't geared towards gamers. But to say it had more deals in Black Friday is laughable. The quality of the sales is nowhere near it.

Have you, and your significant other, stocked up on as much as you can or just you?

There's no limit so we can just order together? Actually I've never looked into Prime sharing, is that even possible with Canada accounts?

Anyway for diapers the trick is always trying to predict future need. Buy one box too much and you ruin the discount. Buy too many future sizes and suddenly you have no room in the house because it looks like a shipping warehouse. This stuff is easy when your kid is only wearing N/1/2 but after that it's like the stock market.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
No decent gamging deal, no TV deals except for shitty brands... What a disappointment.

Jo-El

Looking around on the US site and their deals are only marginally better, so at least it's not just .ca's usual awfulness but amazon as a whole.

kennah

There's no limit so we can just order together? Actually I've never looked into Prime sharing, is that even possible with Canada accounts?

Anyway for diapers the trick is always trying to predict future need. Buy one box too much and you ruin the discount. Buy too many future sizes and suddenly you have no room in the house because it looks like a shipping warehouse. This stuff is easy when your kid is only wearing N/1/2 but after that it's like the stock market.
Or just use cloth?

Haines

Banned
I think there is a 2TB Seagate on sale right now. Can't speak to its reliability though

What would that work on. Xbox one or ps4? Seems an ok deal right?

I have no hard drive additions to my consoles so i really should grab some while they are cheap

Banned
I can't believe they think a refurbished Xbox one at $10 less than it sells on the Microsoft store is a deal 😂😂😂

espher

I can't believe they think a refurbished Xbox one at $10 less than it sells on the Microsoft store is a deal ������

MSFT store one doesn't come with the games anymore, iirc. That was the first thing I checked because I remembered it being $350 when I looked a few weeks ago.

I have no hard drive additions to my consoles so i really should grab some while they are cheap

Does PS4 support external hard drives for installs?

I know the Xbox One does.

Good deal. Too bad I spent a bunch on a sound bar yesterday so I'm spent on another $100+ purchase for a few weeks.

kevin1025

Banned
AC Unity is now 100% claimed but there's a wait list for more.

I'm pretty surprised how fast it moved. I enjoyed the game on Xbox One, but the general view on the game isn't extremely positive. Usually eight months in Ubisoft games are that price anyway. I guess a deal's a deal!

Ledhead

I read a few of the reviews, people were using it with their PS4 and indicated that installation was pretty easy

Haines

Banned
Ok well im going to grab two of those 2tb seagate. One for my xbone and one for my ps4. Unless any one here thinks i should do differently.

baconcow

I paid 20$ for Unity a few days ago on Amazon.

I should have waited ...

Amazon has 7-day automatic price protection. Since this is a Prime Day deal, you may not get it automatically adjusted. However, if you have Prime, just contact a rep and get the difference. I was informed this the last time I bought something and it dropped $10 the day after it shipped.

Bluenoser

Ok well im going to grab two of those 2tb seagate. One for my xbone and one for my ps4. Unless any one here thinks i should do differently.

If you intend to use one in your PS4, just keep in mind you have to remove it from the enclosure. That will require some careful prying to get the case separated from the HDD. A google search should help with that though.

Haines

Banned
If you intend to use one in your PS4, just keep in mind you have to remove it from the enclosure. That will require some careful prying to get the case separated from the HDD. A google search should help with that though.

Yeah i saw that. I have no issues with that as long as it works and this is a good price.

My wiiu is full as well as its only a 32 gb but i really dont need 2tb for it.

My xbone is only 60% full so may e ill just buy two of these. Pop one in my ps4 and save the other as a back up for when needed on either the wiiu or xbone.

Edit: how come when i go to order it only lets me buy 1?

Mimosa97

Amazon has 7-day automatic price protection. Since this is a Prime Day deal, you may not get it automatically adjusted. However, if you have Prime, just contact a rep and get the difference. I was informed this the last time I bought something and it dropped $10 the day after it shipped.

Yeah I have Prime but it was a lightning deal, not an actual price-drop so I don't know if that would work.

I'm pretty surprised how fast it moved. I enjoyed the game on Xbox One, but the general view on the game isn't extremely positive. Usually eight months in Ubisoft games are that price anyway. I guess a deal's a deal!

This is obviously a clearance sale, so some of these will go faster or slower based purely on how much stock they have. They probably just didn't have as many copies of Unity as some other titles.

BPK

The Order up at 11 eastern time. Given it's poor reviews, it will take $10 for me to bite. I predict it will sell for $15.

zeitgeist

Destiny is 29.99 on amazon right now. Not sure if it is from the Prime sale or if it has hit $30 yet.

I'm keeping my eye on The Order and Dragon Age too.

Top Bottom