• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Destiny is 29.99 on amazon right now. Not sure if it is from the Prime sale or if it has hit $30 yet.

I'm keeping my eye on The Order and Dragon Age too.
Given that they are selling the game with the expansion later this fall for 80 (or less if you preordered), that's probably the price now.

Haines

Banned
The order is fine at 15 bucks or something but its seriously not that great and its the most one and done gme ive ever played.

Not much in terms of game play but amazing graphics. One of those.

I cant be hassled with dragon age as ive only heard the witcher is much better.

Just pulled the trigger on these bad boys for 150$, my headset broke on me last week so this is perfect timing!

http://www.amazon.ca/dp/B002TLT10I/

These look great, but as far as I can tell there's no mic, which is annoying as hell.

The transmitter also acts as a charging stand for the headphones when not in use, and can fully recharge depleted headphone batteries in about 16 hours.

SIXTEEN HOUR charge? The fuck?

Kifimbo

Bank of Canada has gone off the deep end. Lowered bechmark interest rate, which means(among other things) the dollar is going down again and prices will rise.

MarkusRJR

Planning to get a TV on Prime day, so I thought I'd ask for some advice. Which TV Stand looks better:

http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/S49061228/

or

http://www.amazon.ca/Sonax-FS-3580-Fillmore-Component-Midnight/dp/B004XROD9A/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top?

Both are pretty low end and cheap but as long as it fits my Xbox One it should be good (which is surprisingly hard to find, most have storage compartments too small and leave no room to ventilate).

Bank of Canada has gone off the deep end. Lowered bechmark interest rate, which means(among other things) the dollar is going down again and prices will rise.
Can't wait till Harper is out of the government. I feel like it's been a complete downhill scenario since he became prime minister.

Savitar

Fuck all kinds of goat.

Don't we got it bad enough.

Oh wait talk of a recession, thank you Stephen fucking Harper.

Chatin

Already own The Order, but was curious how deep they'd cut on the price. I agree that 29.99 isn't much of a deal. Suppose I should give up hope now that Dragon Age or Borderlands are cut decently.

Jo-El

Already own The Order, but was curious how deep they'd cut on the price. I agree that 29.99 isn't much of a deal. Suppose I should give up hope now that Dragon Age or Borderlands are cut decently.

I was hoping Borderlands would be $30 or less, but at this rate it'll be $50 at best :/

ohlawd

I'm convinced people are jumping on these terrible video game deals so they can say they bought something at the end of the day

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
Planning to get a TV on Prime day

Spotted anything so far? That was my plan too, but I don't see anything remotely decent... :(

At this point I think I'll just grab this LG 43' at walmart, even though I can't find any reviews and have no idea if there's major input lag on it. Buying "low end" TVs is shitty these days as only the SmartTV models get reviewed...

sjay1994

I was pretty excited for today... but now looking at these "deals" all I can say is

tumblr_np23azlRA51rj4m7wo1_500.gif

MarkusRJR

Spotted anything so far? That was my plan too, but I don't see anything remotely decent... :(

At this point I think I'll just grab this LG 43' at walmart, even though I can't find any reviews and have no idea if there's major input lag on it. Buying "low end" TVs is shitty these days as only the SmartTV models get reviewed...
I'm planning to get the 46" RCA TV, assuming I can even get it (the 32" sold out 20 seconds, and it was a worse deal comparatively). It's probably really shitty, but I like the 3 HDMI ports and it's a good price. I can't afford to splurge that much on a TV, and it's probably better than my current HD CRT (720p, overscan problems, hurts my eyes, no HDMI ports) made in 2005.

i doubt ill be getting a tv from amazon today, but whats the best brand to jump on for a 50inch hdtv for my room? i currently have a 50inch panny plasma, not getting rid of it, just wondering

MarkusRJR

i doubt ill be getting a tv from amazon today, but whats the best brand to jump on for a 50inch hdtv for my room? i currently have a 50inch panny plasma, not getting rid of it, just wondering
My brother worked on the LG WebOS TV's so I got to see how it works, and from what I saw they're super fucking awesome. If I had the money I'd buy one. Kind of expensive, but most high end smart TV's are. Probably the way to go, especially since there's a limited selection on Amazon.ca (and it looks like the only TV's going to be on sale are proscan, RCA, and LG).

Ledhead

The Wire complete collection and Borderlands Handsome collection for the PS4 are slated for a lightning deal at 5:00 pm. Cautiously optimistic

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!
100% CLAIMED!

Lol.

I liked the game too.

Edit: Weird, it keeps fluctuating between 40 and 100%.
They had 5 copies and 3 people keep cancelling when they realized what they did then others make the same mistake and then cancel and so on and so forth?

Ughhhhhhhhhhh.

I'm waiting for it to go up so the housing market can collapse and I can actually afford a house. :(

Also games. I'm not going to be buying anything new at launch for a long time.

Savitar

It's not gaming but I want that Simon & Garfunkle: The Complete Albums Collection that will be up later in the day........but I know I'll be disappointed by the price and not get it.

MarkusRJR

$40 for Borderlands Xbone. Not sure if I should bite, I'm in no rush and I bet it'll be $20 or $30 in 6 months.

Dragon Age for $45? WTF? Hasn't it been lower recently? I remember getting the deluxe Xbox One version for $45 a month or two back. Lame sale.

Top Bottom