• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Tempted by ORAS, even though I'm months late to the party. With no mainline Pokemon game this year I can probably wait a bit longer.

Superior OR is at 38% while AS is at 33%.

Tempted by ORAS, even though I'm months late to the party. With no mainline Pokemon game this year I can probably wait a bit longer.

If you're tempted, I'd say go for it. It's not like Nintendo games go on sale often, and certainly never deep discounts.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I'm not downtown, but apparently there are multiple planes flying around downtown Toronto with Amazon banners to 'celebrate' Prime Day.

MarkusRJR

I'm not downtown, but apparently there are multiple planes flying around downtown Toronto with Amazon banners to 'celebrate' Prime Day.
Whooooo!!! Getting that diaper sale ON! Diapers and bottles for days! /s

If you're tempted, I'd say go for it. It's not like Nintendo games go on sale often, and certainly never deep discounts.
Yeah, plus it's the second best game in the franchise (first being HeartGold/SoulSilver). Probably the lowest price AS/OR will be. I remember trying to wait out Platinum for a sale and then the game was out of print and impossible to find. Ended up having to buy a copy for $50 on ebay.

zroid

Banned

hahaha the hype surrounding this is insane

I wonder how many suckers people signed up for Prime before the sale even started just based on the hype alone

MarkusRJR

BTW, two new TV's were added to the list:

22" RCA 1080p HDTV for $100

48" Proscan 1080p HDTV + Roku stick for $300

I'm probably going to stick with trying to get the 46" RCA TV, but more options since people seem to be interested in the TV deals.

hahaha the hype surrounding this is insane

I wonder how many suckers people signed up for Prime before the sale even started just based on the hype alone
I feel bad for the people in Quebec tbh. I just took out a trial, but there's no trials in Quebec. People had to actually buy a Prime membership for this embarrassing sale.

$30 is about as cheap as Pokemon games usually ever get new. And once they're out of print the prices tend to skyrocket for new copies, and usually used copies as well.

Edit: I bought SoulSilver for $30 in 2013 and was like "I dunno... seems expensive." Glad I bought it while I still could!

Yasumi

Banned
Got the 32GB microSD and might get the Iconia tablet if the discount is decent. These "sales" have been spectacularly awful.

I'm at work but I guess I didn't miss much on the Amazon deals

Lolwtf at Dragon Age being $44.99. You might as well wait another 3 months or wait until its up on EA Access if you have an Xbox.

I hope Handsome Collection drops to around at least $30 around September or sometime this Fall. Still seems like a good deal for the content in that game at $40, but I'm willing to play the waiting game.

Ventara

OMG, I'm starting to panic thinking about us reaching 60 cents. Gaf, what's the best way to protect yourself against this? Invest in stocks? Is it already too late? Fuck, this sucks so bad. Screw you Harper.

Haines

Banned
Honestly, I would just stick with Google Maps on my phone.

So i was in the same thought process but i dont carry a cell and were going to have two kids here soon so the more hands free and less distraction the better, so i think for 80 bucks im just going to go with the ability to have it there if i need one.

Like i say, i dont have a phone with service that i carry so this could come in handy.

baconcow

So shipping-GAF, is there any major differences between Amazon.ca's shipping types? I use Free Shipping almost every time and the package usually always ships via Canada Post expedited parcel. Had Prime once and the Two-Day shipping was via expedited parcel. Just had something ship via Priority (their fastest), and it shipped via expedited parcel. What's the point?

Edit: I looked back and some of my two-day shipments were sent with UPS. Still took 3 days to arrive.

BrunoM

BTW, two new TV's were added to the list:

22" RCA 1080p HDTV for $100

48" Proscan 1080p HDTV + Roku stick for $300

I'm probably going to stick with trying to get the 46" RCA TV, but more options since people seem to be interested in the TV deals.

I feel bad for the people in Quebec tbh. I just took out a trial, but there's no trials in Quebec. People had to actually buy a Prime membership for this embarrassing sale.
Was going to jump on that 300 deal but shoes up as 560 for me

Ledhead

OMG, I'm starting to panic thinking about us reaching 60 cents. Gaf, what's the best way to protect yourself against this? Invest in stocks? Is it already too late? Fuck, this sucks so bad. Screw you Harper.

Weather the storm is all any of us can really do. You can certainly mitigate things by playing it safe financially though (don't take on unnecessary debt, stick with safe investments, eliminate frivolous expenses etc...)

BrunoM

Once they go on sale that will be the price. The $300 deal goes on at 5pm and will probably sell out in a minute or two (like any of the decent sales it seems).
Thanks will keep an eye on it ..

Been doing so for the last few days need a new TV around 50"

bcn1138

Neo Member
Ooooh, nice... Any opinions on Proscan? Couldn't find reviews or anything online, but user impressions seem mostly positive... This is very tempting...

...eh, who am I kidding, it'll probably be gone in seconds anyway.

It was on a one day sale last month for this price. Seemed like a bunch of people had it arrive broken. The ones that worked said pretty good image quality, and no ghosting with games, but the sound was pretty bad.

Top Bottom