• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

evanmisha

So far, I've jumped on the Airfloss, the One Piece manga box, and the Wire BD box. Nothing insane, but a couple things off my list for good prices so I'm satisfied.

Eyeing the Transformer depending on how low it goes.

jholmes

So shipping-GAF, is there any major differences between Amazon.ca's shipping types? I use Free Shipping almost every time and the package usually always ships via Canada Post expedited parcel. Had Prime once and the Two-Day shipping was via expedited parcel. Just had something ship via Priority (their fastest), and it shipped via expedited parcel. What's the point?

Edit: I looked back and some of my two-day shipments were sent with UPS. Still took 3 days to arrive.

If you live in southern Ontario there definitely is no point. When I lived out west it took Amazon a lot longer to ship so maybe it would've been worth it for me then, but back then games were still $60 so I didn't feel the need to buy every single game from Amazon.

Oh man, if a mod (Stump?) updated the title once a month or so with the current exchange rate or so that would be great.

If I recall correctly Stump converted himself to greenbacks a few weeks back so we may need a new friendly Canadian mod for these matters.

Good thread name though!

kinger

More promo codes for Forever 21:

summer20 for $20 off $100+ and

extra40 for 40% off 2+ sale items

But I don't know if they stack?

Anyone knows how duty tax will be calculated? Is it based on HST GST %? Just when I started to have the impulse to import/collect figures, Japan decided to not allow store to undervalue shipments ;_; rip wallet.

dream

They do. I just bought like $300 worth of stuff using those two codes, and I learned that spending $300 at Forever 21 does not make a man in his 30s feel good about himself.

Mimosa97

I'm 30 and I still dress like a 12 year old

Oh I'm still a kid alright. I just meant to tell him that he doesn't need to feel old because he doesn't wear colorful t-shirts and tank tops anymore. If you're in good shape you'll look good even in a cheap tank top.

Do you have tats ?

Fularu

Banned
They do. I just bought like $300 worth of stuff using those two codes, and I learned that spending $300 at Forever 21 does not make a man in his 30s feel good about himself.
You managed to find 300$ worth of cloths among all that crap? You're braver than me

MisterJoynt

Neo Member
30 shortly, and I dress in an endless rotating closet of band tshirts, random game/pop culture tshirts my wife buys me, or dress shirts. Today it's Kamelot, tomorrow who knows, maybe a Wookie!

I find I really just want jeans that don't tear in the crotch anymore. If I find some, I'll buy a dozen pairs.

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
God damn, I accidentally fell asleep and missed the TV I wanted. Super pissed since it was literally the only thing I wanted.

I was also somewhat interested in it. Hesitated for a split-second, and it was already gone!

I guess that's a good thing; buying off-brand TVs like this seems like a gamble. I'm not sure I would've wanted to deal with returning something this huge.

Flambe

A 1tb SSD? I can't find that in the upcoming deals list (There are only 6 damn "pages". We Canadians get NOTHING).

Yeah I don't see it either. That's alright, didn't want to spend more than $100 anyway and 256gb is way better than 40 lol.

Upgrade for my 560 Ti and 2500k would be alright too but that's okay hehe.

Haha I'm struggling to remember what was cool when I was in high school. I remember hip-hop being popular. Baggy jeans, big shirts, spiked hair? I tend to find the current trends very retro, but maybe that's just me, or maybe fashion is cyclical?

Coincidentally I'm also listening to a '90s playlist on Songza at the moment.

sjay1994

How does it sound with the dollar still going down???

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: in the US it would be thread 4.62. <4 by year's end

Hopefully Primeday will end better than it started. It kind of sucks at the moment...

I don't think it will end well, if you are mostly looking for video game deals. I think the handsome collection was the last video game deal.

Banned
Anyone know when the Amazon Prime Day deals kick in for us Canadians?
hqdefault.jpg

iLLmAtlc

Haha I'm struggling to remember what was cool when I was in high school. I remember hip-hop being popular. Baggy jeans, big shirts, spiked hair? I tend to find the current trends very retro, but maybe that's just me, or maybe fashion is cyclical?

Coincidentally I'm also listening to a '90s playlist on Songza at the moment.

Kappa track suits >_>

fooish101

Not so much a deal but if you're looking for a physical copy of the wonderful 101 you can pick one up on the Nintendo store for 35 bucks + shipping and tax.

Ventara

Whoa, hold on. So if I buy $170 worth of items, the total will come to $82 plus tax? That's pretty hot, if so.

Edit: A lot of ugly clothes on sale for men, lol. Wish the selection was better, because this deal is great otherwise.

Immortal

Neo Member
80% of stuff on forever21 is just very basic, not sure why anyone here thinks it is only for teenagers. Whats wrong with wearing a button up with a simple design or baseball tee?

of course there is some dumb looking stuff, but it's to be expected.

Immortal

Neo Member
Whoa, hold on. So if I buy $170 worth of items, the total will come to $82 plus tax? That's pretty hot, if so.

Edit: A lot of ugly clothes on sale for men, lol. Wish the selection was better, because this deal is great otherwise.

the 40% off is only for regular sale items, not this "black friday" sale thing. Basically you will only be saving $20 off over 100. There are some relatively cheap things in the regular sale category, but the selection isn't great.

Top Bottom