• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Sealtest

Mario maker also dropped to $69 on best buy, I guess we'll be finding out how those price drop confirmations work if you preordered it during e3.

Sealtest

We have been finding out for a while. It works just fine. It takes Amazon a couple of days though.

I was talking about best buys price drop though, in the E3 faq it was promised if a price drops they'd finally fix it for us.

Unless best buy has actually had other titles drop and they've fixed orders just fine.

Savitar

That was a whole lot of nothing.

I agree with the train of thought that amazon basically pushed out a lot of left overs and items in excess they had.

What a total disappointment.

Found out this morning that Quick 2 Day shipping on Prime does not apply to rural areas. Solid investment right there. Going to wait until the 29th day and then cancel.

Savitar

Found out this morning that Quick 2 Day shipping on Prime does not apply to rural areas. Solid investment right there. Going to wait until the 29th and then cancel.

They have a list of area codes that Prime really affects and those they don't.

There are a good many places that basically get little out of it.

Found out this morning that Quick 2 Day shipping on Prime does not apply to rural areas. Solid investment right there. Going to wait until the 29th day and then cancel.

If you cancel now, the trial stays until the last day and won't charge your card. So if you want to just cancel now in case you might forget later, do it.

Got the entire Corner Gas series for $30. So happy, I love the series.

Is ESO worth it at $35? I've only ever played Skyrim and I thought it was good, but I've never played an MMO before.

It's good and I play it just because my girlfriend plays it so we have a game to play together. But honestly, Guild Wars 2 is much better. ESO is nothing really like Skyrim. It's a pretty standard MMO with the Elder Scrolls lore. Nothing really special about it but it's not bad either. Basically, I like the game but don't love it.

I’m usually the first to defend Amazon around here but even I’m disappointed with this hyped sale. Luckily, I still scored a good deal – only since I woke in the middle of the night shortly after it started to spy these Steelseries headphones at a discount:

http://steelseries.com/gaming-headsets/h-wireless

Amazon%20headphones_zpszcyurizo.jpg

Pretty stoked as they're pretty much the best wireless gaming headphones on the market. I can finally do away with my Tritton AX Pros (love 'em but the wiring is tedious). Not happy about the delivery estimate but I wasn't planning on a big purchase this month anyhow.

Guess it pays to take a whiz in the middle of the night sometimes lol.

Savitar

I’m usually the first to defend Amazon around here but even I’m disappointed with this hyped sale. Luckily, I still scored a good deal – only since I woke in the middle of the night shortly after it started to spy these Steelseries headphones at a discount:

Pretty stoked as they're pretty much the best wireless gaming headphones on the market. I can finally do away with my Tritton AX Pros (love 'em but the wiring is tedious). Not happy about the delivery estimate but I wasn't planning on a big purchase this month anyhow.

Nice stuff.

I only yesterday got my pair of Sennheister PC 363D.

Fantastic all around.

And I didn't even get a discount.

Tuck

How about that Amazon Prime Day?

Anybody actually get something? I looked at the deals throughout the day, and nothing appealed to me enough to actually buy.

I wanted a PS4 but the bundle they were selling was lousy.

Really hope Sony drops TLOU. I own it already, and don't want another copy. Give me Bloodborne, 1tb and PS+ all for 399 damn it!

soultron

Banned

Hopefully the build quality is OK. I owned 2 of the cheaper SS headsets (Siberia V2s being one) and they fell apart quickly and then had audio issues. I've since started to avoid SS because of this. Very bad build quality on those. Since this is a $300+ MSRP headset, I'd hope these are of better quality for the price you're paying, even at $200.

Hopefully the build quality is OK. I owned 2 of the cheaper SS headsets (Siberia V2s being one) and they fell apart quickly and then had audio issues. I've since started to avoid SS because of this. Very bad build quality on those. Since this is a $300+ MSRP headset, I'd hope these are of better quality for the price you're paying, even at $200.

I did a fair bit of research after placing the order and the major consensus seems to be that they're good quality and almost universally highly rated. I'm quite mindful of how I handle my headphones though - especially of joints and such. Build quality is sketchy more often than not no matter what price range you're looking at.

I hope those are the 'good' SS headphones. I know most SS stuff is pretty infamous for not lasting very long, or having generally mediocre build quality. My friend had a pair of Siberia's (the V2's I think) and he said they fell apart pretty fast. That and he wasn't a big fan of their audio quality.

I still kind of need wireless headphones for my XBOne and PS4. I wish I was awake to get those. I'm pretty satisfied with my Beyer DT990's on my PC, all I'm missing is a good pair of console cans.

soultron

Banned
I did a fair bit of research after placing the order and the major consensus seems to be that they're good quality and almost universally highly rated. I'm quite mindful of how I handle my headphones though - especially of joints and such. Build quality is sketchy more often than not no matter what price range you're looking at.

To be honest though, the Siberias are awful quality, but I don't know what I was first expecting. They were my first pair of phones I purchased from a gaming company. Stark difference from build quality in proper "audiophile" phones. (I'm now using QPads/Kingston HyperX Cloud phones. No complaints.)

I don't really know if it's fair to even make a comparison between the ones you bought and the Siberias, but I'm just offering it more as a comment on the quality I've had in my limited exposure to Steel Series as a brand/as a whole.

As you've mentioned though, you've done your research, so you should be good. ;)

The money you saved off the MSRP is quite nice!

To be honest though, the Siberias are awful quality, but I don't know what I was first expecting. They were my first pair of phones I purchased from a gaming company. Stark difference from build quality in proper "audiophile" phones. (I'm now using QPads/Kingston HyperX Cloud phones. No complaints.)

I don't really know if it's fair to even make a comparison between the ones you bought and the Siberias, but I'm just offering it more as a comment on the quality I've had in my limited exposure to Steel Series as a brand/as a whole.

As you've mentioned though, you've done your research, so you should be good. ;)

The money you saved off the MSRP is quite nice!
Thanks - yeah - I'm pretty pleased, especially considering what a bust the majority of that sale was lol.

I like the guy that made the play on the conversion rate.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: Thread 4.63 USD

who cares if the dollar changes. The joke stays the same!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: Harper Shrugged

baconcow

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: Take a Penny, Leave Two Pennies

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 6: The North Remembers, Low Deals
"The north remembers, Lord Davos."

Top Bottom