• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

i-Jest

I feel like that DEAL sums up the entire Canadian Deal Thread, bunch of trash to dig through with the random interesting note

Easy now, lets be nice.

Lack of deals, or poor quality of deals for that matter, is out of our control. Sometimes it helps to veer off topic for a bit. If someone needs advice, you can bet another will be sure to answer them. The thread isn't just a nexus for the hottest, and sometimes hidden, deals. We're a community and in a community you help your fellow member if you can. Well, that's how I see this thread anyway.

With that said Canuck Deals GAF has seen better days. Maybe I'm being a tad pessimistic but it seems the dollar might be beat to hell for a good while longer before things get better. Get them Optimum Points ready everyone.

DEAL?

Tiger Direct is having a Clearance Sale: http://www.tigerdirect.ca/email/ca/em3773.asp?

GAP has a 40% off sale promo going again. Got me some $7.00 jeans today: http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/category.do?cid=65179&departmentRedirect=true#department=136

People were asking about TV Deals. Might want to keep an eye on this site too. I hear good things about Visions Canada. There game section is crap though: http://www.visions.ca/Default.aspx

soultron

Banned

Mimosa97

GAP has a 40% off sale promo going again. Got me some $7.00 jeans today: http://www.gapcanada.ca/browse/category.do?cid=65179&departmentRedirect=true#department=136

I wish I hadn't seen this. I've already spent +2k$ in clothes in the last 2 months. I dropped weight and went from an L/XL to an M size so a lot of my clothes didn't fit anymore but now this is really getting silly. On prime Day I ended up buying nothing on amazon but spent 500$ on labaie.com for clothes I don't even need ...

Now I already have 300$ worth of clothes in my cart and I should to just close the tab and go to sleep ... But I can't. I'm an idiot.

jholmes

Man, why'd you have to link to the women's section? I'm at work and I was worried someone might see me looking at dresses over my shoulder or something.

Got some stuff though, thanks! I was thinking of buying boxers today but didn't find anything, but I got some of these. Actually if you were just looking to stock up on decent boxers I could see someone going bananas with these at like $7 a pop. Most of them don't look like anything special but then they are underwear after all.

EDIT: Just checked my Amazon account and my Super Mario Maker pre-order has been adjusted down to $69.99. Good show, Amazon.

DJ_Lae

Was looking for some cheap stuff to add to my order so I could get free shipping on the Palutena am***o next week. Pitch Black ($4.99) + Field of Dreams ($3.99) are tantalizing. But that would still leave me like 3 cents short of $25. :(

I only really top up add-on orders (as I'm a sucker with Prime) but I like to pad those with Yupik stuff. Bulk dry food items, mostly.

soultron

Banned
I wish I hadn't seen this. I've already spent +2k$ in clothes in the last 2 months. I dropped weight and went from an L/XL to an M size so a lot of my clothes didn't fit anymore but now this is really getting silly. On prime Day I ended up buying nothing on amazon but spent 500$ on labaie.com for clothes I don't even need ...

Now I already have 300$ worth of clothes in my cart and I should to just close the tab and go to sleep ... But I can't. I'm an idiot.

The deals... they're too good...

Thanks, Amazon! If it wasn't for you, maybe other retailers wouldn't have balked and slashed prices like they seemed to have, in reaction to #PrimeDay!

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Is almost $80 after taxes the cheapest for Splatoon?

Thanks fucking Harper

Mimosa97

The deals... they're too good...

Thanks, Amazon! If it wasn't for you, maybe other retailers wouldn't have balked and slashed prices like they seemed to have, in reaction to #PrimeDay!

So true. That's what the customer service lady at labaie told me. It feels like every major online retailer was playing catch up and they ended up having way better deals than Amazon. Go figure ...

Oh well. I ended up spending 267$ for 14 items. Not bad ... The deals are too good to pass up anyways.

Socreges

Banned
Thanks for this, i-Jest! Up to 75% off sale stuff + the 40% off stacks ontop of those sale discounts if you use the GAPEXTRA code.

I spent $200; got 4 fall jackets ($20-30 for jackets normally ~$100+!!), solid colour t-shirts, long sleeve button ups, and so on. I love normcore.
Awesome. When does it end

soultron

Banned
Awesome. When does it end

Copy and pasted from the site. Ends mightnight EST tonight.

gap.ca 40% off sale merch details said:
Offer valid on sale styles only. Offer valid from 7/16/2015 at 12:01am EST to 7/17/2015 at 11:59pm EST online in Canada only. Discount only applies to merchandise with price ending in .99. Qualifying amount applies to merchandise only

i-Jest

MarkusRJR

My Toshiba has served me quite well for videogames.
Yeah Toshiba's seem to be decent. Typically they avoid reflective screens (which some budget brands use), look decent (considering their prices), and don't have that bad of a video lag (there's a slight audio lag on mine over audio via HDMI, but nothing major).

Probably one of the better budget brands.

Planning to get a TV bench to store my consoles, but everything seems to either have no ventilation or not enough space to store an Xbox One. Anyone have any recommendations on a good cheap one?

I found this one here at Ikea, does it look decent?

It doesn't need to look fancy, just needs to store as many consoles as possible.

That's what I use. Mine is three shelves high though. It's good but I kept the back off of it for ventilation purposes and wire control is hell. I want something that is longer and lower to the ground so that wires are harder to see and I can still get ventilation through the back.

MarkusRJR

That's what I use. Mine is three shelves high though. It's good but I kept the back off of it for ventilation purposes and wire control is hell. I want something that is longer and lower to the ground so that wires are harder to see and I can still get ventilation through the back.
I don't see a three shelf version? I'd be way more interested in that, since I could probably fill all of those spaces easily. Is it discontinued by Ikea?

Entropia

No One Remembers
Planning to get a TV bench to store my consoles, but everything seems to either have no ventilation or not enough space to store an Xbox One. Anyone have any recommendations on a good cheap one?

I found this one here at Ikea, does it look decent?

It doesn't need to look fancy, just needs to store as many consoles as possible.

I'm planning to get this one when I get some cash flowing in again; http://www.ikea.com/ca/en/catalog/products/20256801/

Looks to be pretty much the same dimension wise, the back is open too.

The best Gap/BR deals are those where you can stack the signup code with a discount code. They don't come around very often though and the loophole gets closed fairly quickly.

Top Bottom