• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

soultron

Banned
Why is Gap shipping my order one item at a time ?

That's so weird.

They mentioned items might ship separately on the order confirmation page, IIRC. Maybe they're counting stock in store as part of the online stock as well, and need to ship from stores that have certain sizes/styles if the warehouse(s) don't?

Mimosa97

They mentioned items might ship separately on the order confirmation page, IIRC. Maybe they're counting stock in store as part of the online stock as well, and need to ship from stores that have certain sizes/styles if the warehouse(s) don't?

Oh okay. I didn't notice that.

In less than 2 hours, I've received 6 different emails saying X item had shipped. They really need to improve their system.

What's your expected delivery date ? Mine says 29/07 lewl ...

soultron

Banned
Oh okay. I didn't notice that.

In less than 2 hours, I've received 6 different emails saying X item had shipped. They really need to improve their system.

What's your expected delivery date ? Mine says 29/07 lewl ...

Yeah, 29 July for my one item that's shipped (so far) too.

i-Jest

Information Highlight Deal

Okay, so I was at Gap Yorkdale today. Their promo is actually 50% off sale. Younge and Bloor, Eaton Centre, and Queen Street West were doing 40% yesterday when I went. Might want to call in to whatever location to know who's doing 40 or 50% off.

i-Jest

Is Gap leaving canada ? Maybe it's a hidden liquidation. Huh.

Yes and no. A lot of other retailers are having quality sales too. We're at the time when retailers want to clear out most of their current stock so they have room for next seasons styles.

i-Jest

Anyone know the details of EBs "get a PS4 for $99" trade-in? Says 5 games and select consoles.

Did investigating, the 5 games have to have at least $8 trade in value and then the games trade in value altogether are bumped up to $100. Then whatever console you're trading in, they bump the value another $50 of what the normal trade-in value is. So the only way to get a PS4 for $99 is if the console is an Xbox One basically.

Girlfriend just went into Old Navy to get a price adjustment and they told her she needed to bring the clothing back so they could scan it through.

Ugh.

She's on the phone with head office now.

can't they just scan one that's in the store? :S

Exactly. My girlfriend just walked back in with head office on the phone. I'm just waiting by the car.

I hate calling head office on stores but this is a little silly.

She has the receipt so it's not like there should be any difficulty.

Madness

Looking at the USD-CAD exchange rate and just SMH.

It's about to dip below 0.77

You're not going to like come September when economists had predicted below 0.74-0.73, but that was before Iran deal too. At least a lot of us locked E3 games at good prices from Amazon or Best Buy.

MikeDip

God bless all my old friends/And god bless me too, why pretend?
This dollar makes buying humble bundles so damn painful. At paypal checkout everything is so much more that I hesitate and cancel.

Daigr

Walmart in Oshawa at town line and king has Playstation TV bundle 49.99.
PS TV standalone is 39.99.

Not sure if this is the new msrp. Good deal anyway.

UberTag

thanks!

Your site has become part of my Friday morning ritual when I sit down in the office

Nothing tempting there. I'd bite on Hardline and the FFX remaster if they were 10 bucks cheaper, don't mind waiting both of them out
I'd be biting on FFX now if the RNG wasn't borked and Square Enix seemingly intent on not patching it.
Will stick with my superior Vita version.

I saw PS3 Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD for $20 at Walmart. Also I am currently in a town with a Walmart. :(
This also qualifies as a superior version. And at $20 it's a bargain.

Quick

Banned
Went to Gap to check out their sale selection.

IgMyx.gif

Sajjaja

I'd be biting on FFX now if the RNG wasn't borked and Square Enix seemingly intent on not patching it.
Will stick with my superior Vita version.

This also qualifies as a superior version. And at $20 it's a bargain.

Is the Vita version worth it over the PS3 version?

UberTag

Is the Vita version worth it over the PS3 version?
Haven't played the PS3 version myself but I've heard the load times may be slightly improved on Vita over it. You also get the benefits of suspend/resume. If you go digital, you can break the game up into its X and X-2 components to free up storage. And the RNG works like it's supposed to (unlike on PS4). I don't have any qualms with it.

Naturally, you can even mitigate the PS4 version's RNG issues by having the game on PS3/Vita and employing cross-save to jump systems whenever an RNG hangup impairs your ability to trigger something in the game. Would allow you to enjoy the improved graphics and original soundtrack on the PS4 version of the game and be able to skirt the RNG issues when needed (although you'd still have to deal with the PS4 music reset bug as well). It's a shame Square Enix won't patch that stuff.

Hilti92

Girlfriend just went into Old Navy to get a price adjustment and they told her she needed to bring the clothing back so they could scan it through.

Ugh.

She's on the phone with head office now.
I used to work there. All you need is the receipt. Fuck, you don't even need the receipt of you paid with debit or credit. They could look it up for you.
Edit: GAP won't leave Canada. They pull huge sales and profits.

bryehn

Did investigating, the 5 games have to have at least $8 trade in value and then the games trade in value altogether are bumped up to $100. Then whatever console you're trading in, they bump the value another $50 of what the normal trade-in value is. So the only way to get a PS4 for $99 is if the console is an Xbox One basically.

Ah, balls...thanks though.

YMMV, local shoppers (dufferin, steeles) had Wii accessories at half off or more

Wii Remotes $10
Nunchucks $10
Wii u pro controller $25
Mario, luigi, peach controller $20
Wii fit u with fit board $20

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member
YMMV, local shoppers (dufferin, steeles) had Wii accessories at half off or more

Wii Remotes $10
Nunchucks $10
Wii u pro controller $25

Ooooh... Gonna take a look in Montreal. I could use another Pro controller!

Fuzzy

I would bang a hot farmer!

Wii Remotes $10
Nunchucks $10
Wii u pro controller $25
Go back and get me a Wii U pro controller and I'll pay you at the meetup. Black is preferable but I'll be fine with white. Thanks.

For those who missed out on the Amazon Borderlands Handsome Collection sale I think the game is at its current historic low as part of the PSN flash sale for $35 Harper Bucks.

Might bite on this and the Gradius collection.

UberTag

For those who missed out on the Amazon Borderlands Handsome Collection sale I think the game is at its current historic low as part of the PSN flash sale for $35 Harper Bucks.

Might bite on this and the Gradius collection.
I bit on the Handsome Collection. $35 without tax is the right price for me.

Top Bottom