• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

I was at Best Buy yesterday and WOW! many upcoming games are now priced at 79,99$ for the normal version of games!!! Oh my.

Starwars Battlefront, Mario Maker, Yoshi wooly world and many more were priced at that :(

Any deals on Mad Catz TE2 fight sticks? I was hoping there would be promos during EVO.

Wow. Amazon.ca finally has them instock but that price. OUCH! $314 before taxes? It's $200 at .com

But then looking at what it'd cost total at .com...

Order Summary
Items: $199.99
Shipping & handling: $11.48
Total before tax: $211.47
Estimated tax to be collected: $0.00
Import Fees Deposit $26.80
Order total: $238.27

US to Canada exchange = 309.06...before taxes. Ugh.

Mimosa97

Import fees deposit ? How does that work ?

And if you ended up ordering that item, would you just get it right to your door or do you have to go sign something at customs or ?

krae_man

Wow. Amazon.ca finally has them instock but that price. OUCH! $314 before taxes? It's $200 at .com

Order Summary

The import fees are the taxes.

Also that $314 is not amazon, it's a third party seller. There is also another third party seller selling it for $252+12 shipping.

It's everything. In most of the cases I run into, the duties are the equivalent of sales tax on the same item.

Yeah actually I had to check so I struck up a chat with .com and they did say that that does cover the taxes. So you're looking at $238.27 US.

So $309.06 .com
$298.94.ca using the lowest 3rd party seller on .ca.

Sealtest

It's everything. In most of the cases I run into, the duties are the equivalent of sales tax on the same item.

So a question about the deposit, Since im getting a package from amazon spain and it shipped UPS since I paid the extra $ for import duties I shouldn't expect UPS to demand a charge at the door right?

Housh

Yeah actually I had to check so I struck up a chat with .com and they did say that that does cover the taxes. So you're looking at $238.27 US.

So $309.06 .com
$298.94.ca using the lowest 3rd party seller on .ca.

I was going to order from madcatz. You can change the store to CAD and it lists it at $219.99 + $10 shipping and taxes at checkout...shit that's a steal then! $229.99 CAD at check out....the only thing I can see is getting charged duty when it arrives.

edit: I had to put in the province again and now it lists the final price at $258.59. It's still cheaper than amazon but I don't understand their math...I might contact them.

ufm03AI.png

I went ahead and ordered.

Subtotal $219.99
Shipping $10.00
GST $11.00
PST $17.60
Total $258.59 CAD shipped with Purolator. I can also confirmed it showing up on my online banking charged that price in CAD so it's a steal ordering it directly from them.

That's not bad considering it's $199.99 USD. Better grab them before someone hordes a bunch to resale on Amazon or ebay.

krae_man

I've hardly touched my SFIV TE Stick. I grabbed it from EB when they had a 25% off all accessories sale back when the Canadian $ was at par.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
Just not the beta for this week. I don't know if they really confirmed using the lab zero drivers for the full release.
Oh really?

I guess since USF4 was "Sony" and SFV is "Capcom", maybe they won't use the driver. If they don't, then the only way I play the game is on PC at that point. Hopefully Sony can bully them into it if it's some weird publisher/developer thing. I wish they'd do it with GG as well, but what can you do.

I was going to order from madcatz. You can change the store to CAD and it lists it at $219.99 + $10 shipping and taxes at checkout...shit that's a steal then! $229.99 CAD at check out....the only thing I can see is getting charged duty when it arrives.

edit: I had to put in the province again and now it lists the final price at $258.59. It's still cheaper than amazon but I don't understand their math...I might contact them.

ufm03AI.png

I went ahead and ordered.

Subtotal $219.99
Shipping $10.00
GST $11.00
PST $17.60
Total $258.59 CAD shipped with Purolator. I can also confirmed it showing up on my online banking charged that price in CAD so it's a steal ordering it directly from them.

That's not bad considering it's $199.99 USD. Better grab them before someone hordes a bunch to resale on Amazon or ebay.

Ah heck...why not. It's the first arcade stick I've purchased since my SNES one (and yes...I still have that). Price was definitely the best out there, though I did scramble around to see if I could find a coupon. No luck.

Oh well. No more need to worry about purchasing this.

baconcow

Order Summary

The exchange you get hit for would be a lot higher than that. PayPal alone is in the 73-74 cent range. You may be looking at around $325 CAD or more, once the banks get done with you.

Edit: the MadCatz direct route seems a lot better.

Mimosa97

I want to give away some of my clothes. I lost weight and most of my old pants/shirts/ etc... don't fit anymore. Some of them brand new (my ex-gf bought me some clothes on Christmas and I started dieting shortly after ... ).

Do people still do this ? Give clothes to charity ? How does that work ? Do any of you know of a good charity in Montreal ?

I want to give away some of my clothes. I lost weight and most of my old pants/shirts/ etc... don't fit anymore. Some of them brand new (my ex-gf bought me some clothes on Christmas and I started dieting shortly after ... ).

Do people still do this ? Give clothes to charity ? How does that work ? Do any of you know of a good charity in Montreal ?

Still happens all the time. There are various bins in Montreal where you can literally just throw in a bag of clothes and it all goes to charitable groups. The only problem is the bins get moved around so best you can do is search on the internet for drop off points.

Of course, Montreal has infamously also had some drop bins where the groups turn out to not be charity and it's one big smoke screen, but it seems to be getting a little better.

I can say though if you are downtown, there is a drop box directly next to the entrance to Winners in Montreal Trust (on the foodcourt level).

D

Deleted member 126221

Unconfirmed Member

http://www.renaissancequebec.ca/en

Is Call of Duty: Ghosts worth checking out? Haven't really dived into COD since Black Ops 2 which was my favorite. It's $14.99 used.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

Mimosa97

Still happens all the time. There are various bins in Montreal where you can literally just throw in a bag of clothes and it all goes to charitable groups. The only problem is the bins get moved around so best you can do is search on the internet for drop off points.

Of course, Montreal has infamously also had some drop bins where the groups turn out to not be charity and it's one big smoke screen, but it seems to be getting a little better.

I can say though if you are downtown, there is a drop box directly next to the entrance to Winners in Montreal Trust (on the foodcourt level).

It's a 10 mins walk from where I live. I'd rather deliver them personally to a charity though. I'll go check the the bin if I don't find a charity. Thanks !

Is Call of Duty: Ghosts worth checking out? Haven't really dived into COD since Black Ops 2 which was my favorite. It's $14.99 used.

Thanks in advance.

Best wishes.

It wasnt one of the better received cod's and if your asking for the multiplayer component its pretty barren now a days

BadWolf

There's already a thread but make sure to check out the PSN flash sale, lots of good stuff there and there is no currency conversion iirc. There is also a sale for fighting games.

Nabbed Resonance of Fate for 5 canuck bucks.

The only direct donation places I'm aware of are usually aligned with churches. Nothing comes directly to mind but in both Montreal and Vancouver there have been orgs that the companies I've worked with have done clothing drives with.

mrdeiz

Order Summary

that's too much indeed for $200 item

zorbsie

Did Shoppers get of the video game business? I wanted to cash in my Optimum points on a redemption day and pick up a PS4. Went into my local Shoppers and the games were gone. Only the clearance bin was there. Did I miss the boat or is it just my local store that got rid of their games section.?

Any computer gurus here? Looking at getting an SSD. This one is $100 at Dell.ca. Price isn't anything special but I have a coupon I can use, plus it seems that with the falling dollar we won't see an appreciable drop in prices in the near future.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...l.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A7954751

I guess I'll also need a cable and a bracket for this? And it seems to have built-in cloning software to transfer my hard drive contents?

Thanks.

EDIT: I think this Samsung one is better? Longer warranty. http://www.shop.ca/c/samsung-850evo-mz-75e250b-am-250gb-25-sata3-internal-ssd-24685950

Did Shoppers get of the video game business? I wanted to cash in my Optimum points on a redemption day and pick up a PS4. Went into my local Shoppers and the games were gone. Only the clearance bin was there. Did I miss the boat or is it just my local store that got rid of their games section.?

I was at shoppers the other day and there were still games there.

kennah

Any computer gurus here? Looking at getting an SSD. This one is $100 at Dell.ca. Price isn't anything special but I have a coupon I can use, plus it seems that with the falling dollar we won't see an appreciable drop in prices in the near future.

http://accessories.dell.com/sna/pro...l.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=A7954751

I guess I'll also need a cable and a bracket for this? And it seems to have built-in cloning software to transfer my hard drive contents?

Thanks.
Go for it.

zroid

Banned

YMMV

some stores have plenty of gaming stuff still

DJ_Lae

Thanks.

EDIT: I think this Samsung one is better? Longer warranty. http://www.shop.ca/c/samsung-850evo-mz-75e250b-am-250gb-25-sata3-internal-ssd-24685950

I bought this 500GB Samsung through Newegg.ca's EBay page last week. $189, free shipping, took a couple days to arrive.

Timing is nice as my computer has been due to a fresh install of Windows and I'm saving it until I can dump Windows 10 on there.

You may or may not need a bracket depending on the layout of your existing ones - most new cases suppose 2.5" drives in 3.5" brackets.

Top Bottom