• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

Quick

Banned
Gap order from that crazy sale arrived. I now have a massive plastic bag full of clothes that will double nicely as a desk pillow! :D

Is it the 75% off sale being advertised on their site?

I've never bought anything from Gap online. How quick is their shipping?

soultron

Banned
Is it the 75% off sale being advertised on their site?

I ordered last week... on Thursday, IIRC. Very quick!

Already ?

I'm still waiting :(

They used UPS or Cpost ?

One was CPost, other was UPS. Still waiting on the UPS order. The UPS was the single-item order, the Canada Post one (which I got today) was the entire (sizable) remainder of that order.

Quick

Banned

2977.gif

Luigi87

goddamn the border...

First time ever the border stopped a figure shipment to me from Japan through EMS shipping (about $160 + $30 shipping), and now Canada Post has charged me another $30 for duties.

goddamn the border...

First time ever the border stopped a figure shipment to me from Japan through EMS shipping (about $160 + $30 shipping), and now Canada Post has charged me another $30 for duties.

I have 3 shipments coming from Japan, each worths ~$100 (SAL shipping though), hopefully they give them a pass, otherwise wallet am cry.

jholmes

They broke my order up into two shipments. One they sent out at Friday at 8:45 a.m. or so, and I got that this morning at like 11 a.m. from UPS in one of the rare cases of them actually attempting delivery.

The other one they sent at about 9 p.m. on Saturday (!) by Canada Post and tracking says they tried to get that to me about an hour ago, but I wasn't at home (and I actually wasn't, CP actually tries to deliver my stuff, which I like).

When I got the Banana Republic deal earlier this summer it was pretty similar. They get the shipments out quick and then it's all up to UPS to screw things up.

I'm in Hamilton by the way, the shipments came from London, Ont., this time, I'm guessing BR was the same but I don't remember, so if you don't live in southern Ontario your mileage may vary.

One was CPost, other was UPS. Still waiting on the UPS order. The UPS was the single-item order, the Canada Post one (which I got today) was the entire (sizable) remainder of that order.

That's crazy, same with me!

zroid

Banned
Shoppers keeps sending me these coupons to get 3000 bonus points when spending $10 on candy and snacks. And because I can't resist getting 3000 points for spending as little as $10, I keep topping up on candy.

I've probably bought more candy in the last few months than I have since I graduated high school (9 years ago). :lol

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
Shoppers keeps sending me these coupons to get 3000 bonus points when spending $10 on candy and snacks. And because I can't resist getting 3000 points for spending as little as $10, I keep topping up on candy.

I've probably bought more candy in the last few months than I have since I graduated high school (9 years ago). :lol

I've only been getting the 4000 for $20 on food. $10 for 3000 on candy and I'd be in.

Wtf? Shopper's, where are my candy promotions? :< Do you need to have had your card for a long time to get those emails?

I want to buy that Magma Red DualShock 4, still, but I'd likely never use it and also want that Anniversary one.

I keep obsessing over it, even though it'd be a waste of money.

baconcow

Hope to see a physical copy of Borderlands Handsome Collection (PS4) go on sale for $35 or less. Was tempted to get the PSN flash deal, but I really do not was a digital-only copy.

Dazzler

Shoppers seems to be the only place that sells those twizzlers with the cream flavoured icing inside

They're like crack. So addictive! Stock up on them next time

zroid

Banned
Movie/Food Deal

On July 23rd, hot dogs will be available for $2 at the Cineplex concessions. Also the proceeds go to charity apparently.

Sealtest

Are steam wallet cards region locked? I'm goin to the states this weekend to trade-in a few of my old gamecube systems and I was gonna use the credit I get for a few steam cards.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
Wii U Deluxe used for $190. It comes with no games but I have Bayonetta 2 at home waiting for me to play it. Should I bite or just hold on for a good bundle on black friday / boxing day? I'm in no rush but it's probably the cheapest I've seen it on Craigslist.

Wii U Deluxe used for $190. It comes with no games but I have Bayonetta 2 at home waiting for me to play it. Should I bite or just hold on for a good bundle on black friday / boxing day? I'm in no rush but it's probably the cheapest I've seen it on Craigslist.

It's not the flat out best deal I've ever seen, but assuming it's all in good condition, that's really solid

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Really? I talked to them yesterday after hearing people getting theirs and they told me and many others to expect it in 24hr to 48hrs.
Well I didn't do on the day of for that very reason, so I started the chat by mentioning that I was supposed to get it yesterday to cut straight to the chase.

Mimosa97

Best way to get rid of PS3 games ?

There are a few games I later got for free through PS+ and I don't feel like keeping the physical copies. I'm going full-digital when I get a PS4 and I don't really care about physical copies of last gen games. I'm moving out in a few weeks so I'm taking as little stuff with me as possible.

-Batman Arkham City
- Rayman Origins
- Borderlands 2
- Dishonored
- Uncharted 3

They're probably worth peanuts but I don't know. I might just give them away.

Top Bottom