• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Canadian Gaming Deals and Discussion Thread 5: Much Ado Aboot Shipping

jholmes

Does anyone know of an app that allows you to set up alerts of the final score when sports games end? Got my phone fixed and all of a sudden TSN, Sportsnet and Score apps don't do this anymore, which makes me wonder what the fuck the point of them is.

Does anyone know of an app that allows you to set up alerts of the final score when sports games end? Got my phone fixed and all of a sudden TSN, Sportsnet and Score apps don't do this anymore, which makes me wonder what the fuck the point of them is.

Must be on your end because the score app does that just fine for me

iLLmAtlc

iPhone? Check your notification centre.

Regardless most phones probably have the option to enable/disable app alerts, so look into that.

Has anyone cancelled a game that was part of that E3 deal on Amazon? Thinking of cancelling one of my orders but don't want to lose the 30% off on the other games I ordered.

baconcow

Has anyone cancelled a game that was part of that E3 deal on Amazon? Thinking of cancelling one of my orders but don't want to lose the 30% off on the other games I ordered.

Make sure you keep a minimum of 3 games in the order to retain your discount. I am unsure what happens if you cancel a third, and final to ship, game.

kinger

YMMV since it's RCSS, but a couple of copies of Starfox 64 3DS ($33.xx) and one Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance($29.xx) showed up at 'markdown' prices at one I was at today (in the GVR).

Of course I find physical copies after I get the digital one :/

Wtf? Shopper's, where are my candy promotions? :< Do you need to have had your card for a long time to get those emails?

Don't think seniority matters, are you sure you're opted in for e-mails and promotions? (Check under your acccount settings).

I'm about to, I'll let you know how it goes.
You should be fine as long as you still have 3 or more games in the order though.

UberTag

I did, and I lost my discount. Yay for $90 Until Dawn. I should have just made one giant order :(
We were all advocating making giant orders during the sale so this wouldn't happen to people. :(

Heck, just picking out the two games most likely to wind up as vaporware or to not be released until 2020 like FF7 Remake and tacking them onto any pre-order would have been fine.
Even small orders would work out all right with that approach.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
hey uhh anyone go to that Pokemon Symphony thing down at Vancouver earlier?

awesome two hours. I fought back the tears ;_;
It was great, but I would've played the Gens in reverse for maximum nostalgia. Also, I got soooo many streetpasses. &#128522;

ohlawd

It was great, but I would've played the Gens in reverse for maximum nostalgia. Also, I got soooo many streetpasses. &#128522;

if they did that and ended the show with the title screen montage, I would have just let myself cry. das mah childhood right there!

Bleacher Report Team Stream.

frequency

HOT HOT HOT DEAL

I don't think it's ever been close to this low for the whole bundle with the balance board. The balance board bundle is on backorder, but I'd highly suggest placing an order if you have interest in this.

Wii Fit U + Fit Meter + Balance Board $29.99 + $7 shipping
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150207

Wii Fit U + Fit Meter $24.99. Probably $7 shipping too.
https://store.nintendo.com/ng3/ca/po/browse/productDetailColorSizePicker.jsp?productId=prod150208

Thank you for posting this!

Not a 'deal' per se, but NCIX has Madcatz TE2s a lot cheaper than amazon (and madcatz themselves considering exchange and shipping). Mine just shipped, hoping to get it in time for the SF5 beta. I got free shipping by ordering a $1 USB adapter from their sale page which triggered the free shipping on the entire order.

http://search.ncix.com/products/?sku=SY5471697
http://search.ncix.com/products/?sku=SY5482585

The store page has been a bit wonky and actually disappeared a while ago. They obviously have stock though.

Oh god fight sticks are expensive. Looks like I'm going to stick to being a scrub with a controller.

BadWolf

Oh god fight sticks are expensive. Looks like I'm going to stick to being a scrub with a controller.

Yeah, I will be putting a lot of time into SFV and other fighters but that pricing is nuts (you can find WiiU console + games deals for less than that).

Will stick to the pad most likely as well.

Still no SFV beta code, I guess i'll just go chat with Amazon.

Ugh I really wanted to go to that but didn't have enough time.
I missed out on Distant Worlds in Seattle and this.

Yeah, I was there. it was really good, though made me realize how little pokemon music I actually knew. I much preferred the Zelda show, but that's just my own personal preference.

I wonder if I could mod my Xbox 360 TE stick to work with PS4 lol, no way am I buying a new one because I remembered how bad I am at fighting games lol

I wonder if I could mod my Xbox 360 TE stick to work with PS4 lol, no way am I buying a new one because I remembered how bad I am at fighting games lol

For the SFV beta at least, only PS4 directly compatible sticks are supposed to work. I was going to try a cheap-o $50 Mayflash fight stick and not mind if it broke after the weekend but it wouldn't work at all, heh.

Yeah, I was there. it was really good, though made me realize how little pokemon music I actually knew. I much preferred the Zelda show, but that's just my own personal preference.

I didn't go, but I agree that I'm not too familiar with Pokemon music either besides the original themes. I guess I just don't play enough with the sound on.

I would probably prefer the Zelda show.

vulva

It's possible, I know some dudes in Toronto who can mod in PS4 pcbs in to sticks but not sure where you live

Ok so I called Mad Catz...

1) They don't price match

2) The stick is prepared for shipping but the freight doesn't go out until tomorrow. They're going to try and physically pull it out of the shipment. If they fail to succeed in doing so, I can just refuse delivery for a full refund.

So I placed my order with NCIX. For a $15 savings, and peace of mind that I'm not going to get dinged with customs or duties fees, I'm good with that.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
I think I'm the only one who's went to the Final Fantasy concert at UBC las Sunday. Now that one was solid.

I think I'm the only one who's went to the Final Fantasy concert at UBC las Sunday. Now that one was solid.

I was so annoyed to find out that had happened. It literally never popped up anywhere for me, whether it be forums, facebook, twitter, etc.

I've missed the Final Fantasy convert like 4 times now.

ovii

Didnt receive my code from amazon. Just had a quick chat with them online, and it honestly went something like this:

me: Hi, I didn't receive my SFV beta code.
Abdul: Oh, sorry. Here it is xxxx-xxxx-xxxx.
me: Thanks! Have a good day.

Painless.

Didnt receive my code from amazon. Just had a quick chat with them online, and it honestly went something like this:

Painless.

I must have missed what the qualifications were for the beta code.

Daigr

Painless.
This is exactly how my chat went.

Very happy

MarkusRJR

Yay my $30 copy of Wii Fit U (balance board included) shipped from Nintendo's store.

EDIT: Nevermind, they only shipped the other items in the order. Thought it'd all ship together since it was a single shipping fee. Well then. :/

Painless.

Yup, this worked for me too

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
It's possible, I know some dudes in Toronto who can mod in PS4 pcbs in to sticks but not sure where you live
You know how much it costs?

A lot of the estimates I've seen online are like the prices of brand new PS4-compatible sticks.

a916

Yep,

Ordered some a few years back. What's up?

Which ones did you order and did you think they were worth it? I ordered the noise isolation ones because a lot of people are saying they are really good for travelling and creating a seal.

Make sure to get the right size.

I liked the ones I got though, more comfy and a better fit than silicone tips.

Unfortunately I wasn't sure on the right size so I had to bite the bullet and order the 3 pack, all sizes. At least I won't have any regrets come the second time around.

How long do they usually take to arrive into Canada?

jholmes

So I emailed the Score app people and they ended push notification support on the BlackBerry app, presumably Sportsnet did too since it's the same basic app (not sure why TSN did it.)

Lazy devs, etc. But the good news is I'm not crazy, the app no longer has that basic function.

Alright. Mad Catz order cancelled. Come on down NCIX!

Mad Catz Arcade FightStick Tournament Edition 2 $ 213.34
nGear CD Paper Sleeve - Pack 100 $ 1.99
SUBTOTAL: $ 215.33
No PST - Outside BC residents: $ 0.00
HST (13%): $ 27.99
Free Shipping
YOUR TOTAL:
All quoted prices are in CANADIAN DOLLARS $ 243.32

Top Bottom